Almost instant 59 twinks

Uxthril

Veteran
What do you guys think? Once per account you can pay to get a lvl 58 non-BE/Dranei character - means you just pay some fee to not have to level someone to 58, head to outlands straight away and get the gear?

Between my mate and I we've got four accounts - we're literally frothing the options - what are your thoughts guys?

I'm always for skipping/speeding leveling, recruit-a-friend was the best thing that ever happened to WoW IMO.
(this isnt RaF but it's the concept I'm comparing)

Other than people saying "you wont know how to play the class cuz you didnt level it" it's a very nice thing. Even if it's like $60 the IRL time you save is (hopefully) far more valuable than the $2 an hour or whatever you spend on the boost.

edit- I also think there'll potentially be alot of people doing it so it could be a fun bracket. It was originally, anyway.

Does AV still go 51-60? Cuz there would be some serious 59-60 competition in there if people dont level their naxx toons.

Also just realized... there will never be classic-locked twinks for AV outside of era servers, cuz it automatically upgrades each xpac. 60-locked AV was some of my favorite PvP ever in WoW, now you'll always eventually level out. :(
(the AV NPCs give tiny amounts of kill XP)

Last edited:
Ya that was my question, I remember my TBC 60 rogue was just about my favorite time on Wow. So do we get get XP on AV still in TBC? I miss the XP on/off thing. When did that appear? I do remember playing the rogue a lot in AV and don't remember leveling.

Last edited:
Hey thanks. Ok, I'll probably stay away from AV then unless I am 70 or I copy my toons which I will probably do. Are AB and WSG 51-59?

Can't remember how hard it was to get geared at 59. Just buying greens and do a few quests in Outland, if memory serves me correct.

Just buying greens and do a few quests in Outland, if memory serves me correct.

It was sufficient. There were BoE things like https://classic.wowhead.com/item=14554/cloudkeeper-legplates and such but no need to get crazy about it to do OK.

I think a lot of outland greens were comparable to maybe tier 1-2 raid stuff? Plus some socket items, tho available gems werent amazing right away if memory serves. But people did use wrong armor types just to get the extra sockets...

edit- most of the people in 50-59 couldnt get to outland cuz it was 58+ I think? So it was pretty OP. Might be less so this time as I dont know how many people will really be leveling all the way from 1 anymore, it's not the same situation now.

Ya that was nuts with the DKs. Then the patch came out where their AOE feared everyone in it. That didn't last long until it was hotfixed, but made AV a fear festival.

Currently in the process of twinking at 59 (EU) - farming T0.5 at the moment. Is the best time to obtain AV rep at 51? I still have a ton of work to do including gear, reputations etc...

"Easy gearing" is not what I remember about my beloved 59s at all. Running the Zul'Gurub raid for the set bonus gear, getting Zandalari rep with whatever those daggone tokens were (whose icons Blizzard recycled to be Relics of the Past), leveling TBC engineering for the rocket boots, praying for the right BoE greens to show up in the AH, leveling Argent Dawn rep to get Verimonde's Last Resort (I don't remember why I needed the rep. Maybe I was broke?).... Don't get me wrong, leveling to 59 was a serious pain and jumping to 58 will help significantly, but gearing a 59 was anything but trivial in TBC.

I asked a lvl 59 twink if it's worth using the 58 boost for a twink and he said it's too close to 59 and that he doubts anyone will even queue 50-59 in TBC. I personally don't know anything about 59s tho so I don't want to have any say in it

gearing a 59 was anything but trivial in TBC.

Your version of gearing and other people's version are not exactly the same. It was easy to do a few quests, buy a few greens, and go into a BG to wreck face. Completely min-maxing a TBC 59 is a completely different topic. ;)

It was sufficient. There were BoE things like Cloudkeeper Legplates and such but no need to get crazy about it to do OK.

There’s a really good mulitboxer on Pyrewood EU Alliance that is currently offering boosts. Hopefully he will be helping me get Tier 0.5 along with other offset items. There is actually a crazy amount of effort that is needed in this bracket to really min/max.

So the announcement said the 58 will include a mount and dungeon blues. Guessing those are TBC blues, so it could be a mostly finished twink at the start.

heck yea i'm for it.
i hate levelling, and there's no way friends that i want to try to get to twink would want to level for it. but i can probably convince them to try it with a boost, and since i'm an AH goblin anyways i can level their engineering and buy their boe/enchants.

Are we thinking the 75% through 58 with full rested xp will still be viable? On PTR that is what the 58 boost starts at and I am worried it won't be enough to finish the hellfire quests. Will really need to map out the quests wanted and possibly do the quests in ghost.

Users who are viewing this thread