US Alliance "BOT" Infestation Suspect!

DPLegendary

Grandfathered
As most of us are aware, there has been an infestation of alternate accounts on the Alliance side, which sit there and do absolutely nothing. Their objective? To take up space and thus provide the opposing faction with an advantage.

This issue is only bound to get worse, so over the past three days I have screenshotted every battleground in which the "BOTS" and I crossed paths. Only one player has CONSISTENTLY appeared on every single battleground where I came across this premade of nothing-doers.

I've sent all relevant screenshots and the suspect's name to Blizzard support. They don't guarantee a response but assure us that they take all claims seriously. Whether or not they will do anything about it is beyond me.

I will keep you updated on any developments.

In the meantime, it would be best to keep this player out of our battlegrounds, so if you see a player named "Riptides-BleedingHollow" in any of your BGs, report them AFK!

Just kidding. The real suspect is Escalate-BlackwaterRaiders.

Escalate-BlackwaterRaiders is the ONLY name on Horde that has appeared in EVERY battleground that I encountered these "BOTS." If need be, I can provide the community with screenshots of close to 10 different battlegrounds in which Escalate and the Area52 menaces are both present. Where Area52 infests, Escalate-BlackwaterRaiders is also to be found.

I've been in battlegrounds all day for the past three days. The Area52 BOTS and Escalate-BlackwaterRaiders both are present at roughly the same time intervals. This is no mere coincidence.

In my last battleground against Escalate-BlackwaterRaiders, there were no Area52 BOTS. Instead, there was another player in our battleground: Slashdot-BlackwaterRaiders.

"Wow, no bots this time?" I suppose that it's possible that Slashdot-BlackwaterRaiders had come across the BOTS in a separate battleground that was going on at the same time mine was, but I somehow doubt it. I am suspicious of this individual. Slashdot-BlackwaterRaiders on the Alliance side and Escalate-BlackwaterRaiders on the Horde side both maintained very low ranking throughout that battleground, despite all the BOTS being kicked out early, allowing for a longer game. When one was active, the other was idle, it seemed.

I found Escalate-BlackwaterRaiders myself in that Arathi Basin and proceeded to kill him. He was idle - AFK, so-to-speak. At the same time, Slashdot-BlackwaterRaiders was in combat. When Slashdot-BlackwaterRaiders was sitting in the graveyard, Escalate-BlackwaterRaiders had resurrected and proceeded to attack me. Perhaps he was on another screen? Maybe it's difficult to play two accounts at once? Or perhaps I'm reading too much into this and Slashdot-BlackwaterRaiders is innocent and isn't Escalate-BlackwaterRaiders' alternate account or affiliate.

Maybe I'm wrong about Escalate-BlackwaterRaiders as well, but I seriously doubt it. At any rate, I am fully convinced that he is responsible for the Area52 infestation. If you see this player in your battleground, I would boot him. Screenshot and report them AWAY, both the BOTS and Escalate-BlackwaterRaiders.

In any case, regardless of whether or not Escalate-BlackwaterRaiders is around, screenshot the players on Horde and Alliance whenever you see the BOTS present!

I personally report all these BOTS for "cheating" before reporting them AWAY. I explain the situation in the little text box given to us. I explain that they do literally nothing, that they are alternate accounts who have been queueing for battlegrounds to take up space and provide the opposite side with an advantage. I don't know whether or not this is a form of cheating, but I report it as such.

Whether you're on Horde or Alliance, we can all agree that these BOTS are a threat to competitive battlegrounds. Let's work together to purge these scumbags from the 20-29 bracket.

-Deadly

P.S. I abstained from posting screenshots, to keep this thread a little cleaner, but I will post them if the community wants me to. Also, if anyone has any evidence that supports or counters my own, please feel free to share it here.

Last edited:
Interesting @DPLegendary. I will be keeping an eye out. I appreciate your investigative work on this. ;) I don't usually kick or report until I'm 100% sure myself, so I will be checking out the 'potential' culprit(s) next time I see the Multi-Boxing Druids.

I used to see the odd Multi-Boxer when playing end game, but only from time to time but I have never seen it in the 20-29 bracket.

I have only seen them once thankfully but it's just rubbish as we started AB with like 7 people while I'm sure it was 8 Druids sitting in the starting area, not having moved once.

eazye has returned and hes out for blood

Users who are viewing this thread