EU+US Aggro Range

Goatnut

Grandfathered
Is is is it just me or did the aggro range just get more expansive? I was in the Blasted lands and every res I took aggroe'd the nearest (not as far as I was concerned) mob out there. I was in in fatigue areas and still pulling mobs,,,

Is is is it just me or did the aggro range just get more expansive? I was in the Blasted lands and every res I took aggroe'd the nearest (not as far as I was concerned) mob out there. I was in in fatigue areas and still pulling mobs,,,
You’re just so much lower lvl then those mobs, that’s why

Did those mobs chased after you before or after you were able see their red health bars (assuming you have show-enemy-healthbars enabled)?

I ask, because originally: if the level difference between your character (any playable character) and a aggroable-mob is high enough, the mob will aggro whenever your character is within 40 yards of that mob (though no higher than that, no matter how large the level difference is). That's also precisely when you're able to see the mob's health bar over that mob's avatar (and you can see those even as a ghost [if the mob is close enough to your corpse]), though you'll be able to see their avatar (or /target them) up to 100 yrds away (yrds as in in-game yards, like for range of spells, etc.).

TLDR on Originally (or, did these change with 7.3.5?):
-Max aggro range: 40 yards.
-Max range to see their health bars over their avatar: 40 yards.
-Max /target-able range: 100 yards (out in the world. Different story in instanced-pvp).

The RangeDisplay Addon will also help to check if the max aggro-range/etc. was changed or not.

Last edited:
yes, aggro feels as if it was scaled up with all this scaling. dunno if it's fixed but as 20 in northrend didn't feel as bad as in azeroth. was pulling, of course, but it seemed reasonable.

i think the death rate due to aggro has more to do with different mob movement speeds than actual aggro range
also mobs who have a wind up charge attack tend to charge where you were a half to a full second ago
as opposed to where you are currently
lotsa mobs in northrend seem to do this
which makes northrend easier to navigate than some vanilla zones

Users who are viewing this thread