<Against All Odds> is finally Recruiting!

Sputnick

Made in EU
After 3 years on a hiatus, <Against All Odds> is Recruiting again!

Our guild dates back to ancient times, having their funders roots on the oldest guilds on Europe. Those being:

<Atleast You Get A Token>
<Do You Feel Lucky>
<Saves The Day>
<Pop Up Pirates>

The guild was funded by Bragh in 2008-2009, after the migration of Horde to Ally, on Draenor. They were the reminiscences of <Atleast You Get A Token>. Soon after, many players from mentioned guilds joined, forming the biggest and best guild (at its time) in the whole EU.

#### APPLICATIONS CLOSED ####

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump for Sput seeing as hes banned !

pretty sure it wasn't Bragh who formed the guild? in fact i don't think he was ever guild leader of any of the 'larger' guilds. i could be wrong but i think Hóncho was the one who 'originally' formed the guild.

anywho, best of luck with the recruiting and getting unbanne !?!

pretty sure it wasn't Bragh who formed the guild? in fact i don't think he was ever guild leader of any of the 'larger' guilds. i could be wrong but i think Hóncho was the one who 'originally' formed the guild.

anywho, best of luck with the recruiting and getting unbanne !?!
Yup Phony, he was. He then migrated to the Ally side and gave the guild to Honcho: The Tavern[eu@19]-can-borrow-you-one-my-accounts-14387/

Woot! Against all odds are still around? Man I didn't know that, seems like a long time since I was Guild Leader of that guild now :p

Anyways, usually I'm not really accepting a account trading/borrowing request, but this is actually in the cause of good twinking, and you've been around since like forever, alongside of Cowblackout if I'm not mistaking?

I'd say you guys can trust this guy, but Sputnick, don't loan it out w/o asking me if the person can be trusted from my POV!

Why did he reference Cowblackout? :D

Bump. We recruited 6 twinks already.

Is the guild now accepting premades challenges 10v10 WSG ?

We never denied them, and we never will. It's just that we have more important issues to resolve, such as building up a core and reliable 10-man unit.

On a side note, why is your guild so eager to prove something? Not only did I notice some of your members giving some extra attention to my posts (I don't mind it), but they were also doing it ingame, targeting a druid with 3.3.5 gear with no current understanding (due to inactivity) of the game new mechanisms. There's a small addon that gives you specific details on who's targeting you, and where the damage output of the enemy team goes to.

Lets just say that your guild was targeting me 61.30% of the time.

But again, I don't mind. It's Sputnick, after all. :)

I perhaps have an explanation as to why they were targeting you when you were in "3.3.5 1k3 hp gear" :

Let's say you are mid, on a ranged dps and you actually want to OS something, because killing is fun lululul. Then you go through the opponents team and you see different kind of 1k6 to 2k health (the usual nowadays) with some going to 3k+. But out of nowhere the is actually someone in the OS range with a low health pool, you get all flustered and can't target anything else.
If you think about it a little more : Healer + low health = main focus so main target, isn't it ?

What's more if you, as you stated, didn't understand the new mechanisms you probably went out of position of few times making you a even better target.

On a side note, best of luck to your guild. It's nice to see that EU is strongly coming back and getting pops even tho, as far as I'm concerned, the games are awful.

(NB : Please, don't pay attention to what ridwane could say.)

We never denied them, and we never will. It's just that we have more important issues to resolve, such as building up a core and reliable 10-man unit.

On a side note, why is your guild so eager to prove something? Not only did I notice some of your members giving some extra attention to my posts (I don't mind it), but they were also doing it ingame, targeting a druid with 3.3.5 gear with no current understanding (due to inactivity) of the game new mechanisms. There's a small addon that gives you specific details on who's targeting you, and where the damage output of the enemy team goes to.

Lets just say that your guild was targeting me 61.30% of the time.

But again, I don't mind. It's Sputnick, after all. :)

it's because they can't wipe their arse, without a TomTom.

but seriously, it's called big fish syndrome. because their guild is the biggest, in what (for well over a year now) as been a very small pond, they have to kill any fish that could out grow them.

I perhaps have an explanation as to why they were targeting you when you were in "3.3.5 1k3 hp gear" :

Let's say you are mid, on a ranged dps and you actually want to OS something, because killing is fun lululul. Then you go through the opponents team and you see different kind of 1k6 to 2k health (the usual nowadays) with some going to 3k+. But out of nowhere the is actually someone in the OS range with a low health pool, you get all flustered and can't target anything else.
If you think about it a little more : H ealer + low health = main focus so main target, isn't it ?

What's more if you, as you stated, didn't understand the new mechanisms you probably went out of position of few times making you a even better target.

On a side note, best of luck to your guild. It's nice to see that EU is strongly coming back and getting pops even tho, as far as I'm concerned, the games are awful.

(NB : Please, don't pay attention to what ridwane could say.)

Lets just say that I was being multi-sapped, when alone, out of mid or any action, and directly focused. I first thought it was normal (because of the conditions you mentioned), but when I saw our FC going in a direction and having people going in MY direction instead (I wasn't near the FC, not even close), that raises some suspicious. Also, there was another oldschool healer from my guild (priest) with 3.3.5 gear, who was having barely no targeting at all.

I didn't even noticed until a friend who was in the game told me I was being stalked (he was playing Horde). That's why I turned my addon on (and that was around 5-8min into the game already).

You are going to hype for no reason i just saw your post in the recruitment thread of Ownaque (Guild on Horde side AA Syntax Error) that you bumped and saying that you gonna do something an event i guess against them. Then that's why i asked here if you are now accepting challenges 10 v 10 premade. Actually i haven't play a WSG for a while nor i have faced you once.

On another note : It's not my fault if you are the new candy of horde side... Seeing a 1.7/ 1.8 k HP druid i would jump on 100 %. It's not me who pay horde side sub month i have no influence on them so i don't get your whole point...

Users who are viewing this thread