affliction lock: ele force or black magic

CIHC

That One OG
I wanna be the best. Help me out.

Ele force will net you the best overall damage without a doubt.

Black magic is just for fun - doesn't proc enough or last long enough imo. The trigger only happens if you cast a harmful spell too so if you've got dots rolling on a target that's out of reach, those ticks won't have a chance to trigger the proc - ele force does.
[doublepost=1602494250,1602494190][/doublepost]Straight up spellpower on weapon I'd recommend too - useful to switch to that if you need a boost to your drain life

Ele force will net you the best overall damage without a doubt.

Black magic is just for fun - doesn't proc enough or last long enough imo. The trigger only happens if you cast a harmful spell too so if you've got dots rolling on a target that's out of reach, those ticks won't have a chance to trigger the proc - ele force does.
[doublepost=1602494250,1602494190][/doublepost]Straight up spellpower on weapon I'd recommend too - useful to switch to that if you need a boost to your drain life

I figured that out after some testing before my detail! addon broke the hell down. It is nice since ele force literally procs off of every dot and upon the shadow bolt proc my dagger provides. I'll keep testing and grinding out some zone quests to see if I can get more epics. Fingers crossed invsaion is good.

Black magic has been bad for years now and when it was good it was only good because there were literally 0 other options.

Ele is also bad, I'd just go with +9 sp.

i also go with Spellpower, but i havent really tested eleforce since the epicprocc patch. i once tested Deathfrost , but it rarely(or even never??) procct

The problem is I don't want to keep farming a epic dagger at a 6% drop rate (allegedly) - however I have been testing around with the heirloom staff with various enchnats since someone donated a crap'tona gold to me.

Life is strange - when I was in my active addiction I never had nice folk around, now that I'm clean everyone is nice kind and considerate. rofl.

The problem is I don't want to keep farming a epic dagger at a 6% drop rate (allegedly) - however I have been testing around with the heirloom staff with various enchnats since someone donated a crap'tona gold to me.

Life is strange - when I was in my active addiction I never had nice folk around, now that I'm clean everyone is nice kind and considerate. rofl.
Which dagger? If you're going to use looms use a MH/OH for the extra 4 intellect to OH; Foamspittle is a good option too if you can manage one.

Ideally you're on an old 19 that has BG weps though.

Which dagger? If you're going to use looms use a MH/OH for the extra 4 intellect to OH; Foamspittle is a good option too if you can manage one.

Ideally you're on an old 19 that has BG weps though.

I'm making a 44 to squish to 19 so Blsde of Eternal Darkness/Book of the Dead. I'll keep an eye out for other gear as well. Thank you for the info.

@CIHC yeah that dagger is a real pain, on my 49 I luckily got it first run! had a ton of guildies need to run it like 6-8 times for them to get it!
[doublepost=1602537991,1602537732][/doublepost]And to be honest if you look in my sig, the lvl 20 hunter is literally all Ele force :p and i typically top dps charts it proccs ALOT with serpent sting so could only imagine with tons of DOTS

Users who are viewing this thread