Advice for branching to the 39 bracket

Phobia

Grandfathered
Old crappy 19 player going to come try some 39s because a friend plays it. What ranged dps/healer is strong? What is needed?

I recently tried 39s for the first time as I am normally at 29. They are a bit more bursty. I love my resto shaman. She tops the healing charts usually and often damage too. And she is very hard to kill. She was often the toughest toon in the bracket. That is until I went up against Worgenhunter. He dueled me a couple times and destroyed me. That was the only toon so far that can destroy my shaman. SO, I now have a survival hunter which destroys. But I saw Worgen switched to Marksmen. So I have been that for the last few days. That guy is one shotting some people. When Aimed Shot crits and Incendiary Ammo hits, often they die. When they both crit, it can be a 2500 to 3000 hit. I usually play something that can heal, so this was a challenge. But with the 30% heal, neck heal, and a Wildvine Potion or bandage, I find myself taking on 2-3 players with one a healer, and killing them all which is stupid. But hey, I love it!

I recently tried 39s for the first time as I am normally at 29. They are a bit more bursty. I love my resto shaman. She tops the healing charts usually and often damage too. And she is very hard to kill. She was often the toughest toon in the bracket. That is until I went up against Worgenhunter. He dueled me a couple times and destroyed me. That was the only toon so far that can destroy my shaman. SO, I now have a survival hunter which destroys. But I saw Worgen switched to Marksmen. So I have been that for the last few days. That guy is one shotting some people. When Aimed Shot crits and Incendiary Ammo hits, often they die. When they both crit, it can be a 2500 to 3000 hit. I usually play something that can heal, so this was a challenge. But with the 30% heal, neck heal, and a Wildvine Potion or bandage, I find myself taking on 2-3 players with one a healer, and killing them all which is stupid. But hey, I love it!

Worgenhunter, aka Elfwarrior is my boy!
@Phobia You looking to roll horde or alliance?

Worgenhunter, aka Elfwarrior is my boy!
@Phobia You looking to roll horde or alliance?

Thinking horde. I played hunter in 19s with the skill ratio and gsc guild. I really liked 19s but my friend plays 39s so I told him I’d give it a try.

I like objective stuff more than mid stuff but I’m not sure if there are well defined strats and metas like there were in the 19 bracket. So I’m not sure what to do nor expect.
[doublepost=1547317040,1547316994][/doublepost]@Livingforce do you play 39s? What do you think?

I joined <Soccer Dads> on Aerie Peak for the Alliance side. Leveling that character is another story though, (I'm lazy, or burned out on WoW). I think I also made a Horde character to level to 39 on Bleeding Hollow, but not sure if there are any guilds there. Time to check Guild Recruitment section!

Edit: It would seem the thread for the 39s Guild <HoHo's Laundry Service> on Bleeding Hollow is closed, but the GM @Blueballuh has another thread for a 39s Horde Guild on Tichondrius. Maybe I will reroll there.

Last edited:
Thinking horde. I played hunter in 19s with the skill ratio and gsc guild. I really liked 19s but my friend plays 39s so I told him I’d give it a try.

I like objective stuff more than mid stuff but I’m not sure if there are well defined strats and metas like there were in the 19 bracket. So I’m not sure what to do nor expect.
[doublepost=1547317040,1547316994][/doublepost]@Livingforce do you play 39s? What do you think?
Horde brother!

Honestly roll whatever faction you prefer but if you enjoy it, definitely make a toon on the opposing side. There are plenty of people willing to help you out.

Play what you like; pretty much anything can be good if you’re competent.

From what I have seen in wargames, there aren't really defined strats to be done. I think with the introduction of more 19a coming 39, should be a whole lot more "organized" play in wargames. Currently it's just a big mid fight in mid with falling back rotating to etc, etc but nothing special.

Dont get me wrong, the wargames are extremely fun and they have immense potential!

Typically in wargames horde will 3/0 ally because I think a lot of newer twinks go ally, and with there being 30+ on ally for a Friday night, they still have trouble getting 10man formed.

When it's horde v horde, games are typically a lot closer and most of the time come down to last minute caps or full team turtle, overall just more competitive.

Users who are viewing this thread