20-29 Advice for Arms Warrior Twink

Sherklam640

Veteran
I know arms warrior isnt the best class and spec for twinking, but I’ll give it a try.
What are the best stats priorities if I’d try twinking lvl 29 bracket? Currently, I have more haste than anything else, but maybe at these lvls crit would be more important, I dont know, so I’d like to know your thoughts.
What gear and enchantments would be the best ones?
Also, if u think there’s another bracket that would be way better than this one, I wouldn’t mind some advice.

arms is actually pretty good its just overshadowed by fury baddies

run with a premade that health debuff on the enemy team will make team fights a breeze thanks to you

as arms I think it might be vers / crit build? (str > vers > crit > haste) not 100% on that, or maybe its vers and a healthy balance between crit / haste. for fury it is vers > haste > crit, but arms doesn't rely on speedy swings all that much

in terms of enchants its most likey just your standard, glorious stats on chest, crusher on gloves, binding of vers to rings, etc.

you'll want mark of the hidden satyr on your necklace over anything else, as well as two weapons, one for crusader and one for elemental force for swapping back and forth.
upload_2018-12-17_16-39-39.png

upload_2018-12-17_16-39-51.png

example seen above. I use the same weapon for convenience. (me being level 20 doesn't make the macro or any of my wep swap info irrelevant to 29s its the same thing)

and you should defs play 20-29s, arms is a good time if you can accept the fact that not all twinks are about doing roflstomp damage but you give your team a wicked advantage with your utility. a wider variety of specs in 20-29s is always awesome to see, makes game more fun and interesting :)

The gap between arms and fury widens the higher you go. I don't play 19s but from what I understand arms is actually superior there. Fury starts to take off at 20 and by 39s it's a full two or three steps ahead.

Anyway, to your main question, I'd make sure you have a healthy bit of versatility. You won't have the sustain that fury does, so a little more survivability is desirable.

And honestly, I'd probably stack crit. Arms lives and dies in Sudden Death and extra Overpower procs. You want those to crit.

Best of luck out there and kudos for being braver than the rest of us

The gap between arms and fury widens the higher you go. I don't play 19s but from what I understand arms is actually superior there. Fury starts to take off at 20 and by 39s it's a full two or three steps ahead.

Anyway, to your main question, I'd make sure you have a healthy bit of versatility. You won't have the sustain that fury does, so a little more survivability is desirable.

And honestly, I'd probably stack crit. Arms lives and dies in Sudden Death and extra Overpower procs. You want those to crit.

Best of luck out there and kudos for being braver than the rest of us
veteran arms warriors are actually monsters if you're running with a good pug, and mines barely even geared :p

Crit>strength>vers no haste . Arms is more strength dependant than fury as you dont get that many crusaders procs, But you want to always weapon swaps into crusaders i have got 2k mortal strikes stacking up with overpower. if you are going to weapon swap 100% swap into crusaders not ele force, arms doesnt have constant hits to get good elemental force procs. arms is more like building up damage in 2-3 big hits. Arms can do better than fury in 29 just because of sweeping strikes. arms has good cleave, fury single target damage is still superior in long time terms.
[doublepost=1545101770,1545101645][/doublepost]Edit: reason why haste is not good is cause more rage only makes your slam spamable which doesnt do good damage, arms damage is pure mortal strike and execute procs.

The overpower change was a disgrace, i dont see arms atm offering anything fury doesnt outside mortal strikew Its a sad state of affairs #restoreOGoverpower

honestly they took an ability thats been around since vanilla and is arguably the most iconic for the spec and completely cucked it, I mean why on earth they didnt just call what is currently 'overpower' some other new name is bewilidering, its literally got nothing even remotely familiar with old overpowerw rng proc big crit turns into low damage ability on a cd that buffs mortal strike damage

#bitter

Thanks for your advice! What would be the best way to gear my char now that Im lvl 29? Or should i equip him with new crit and vers heirlooms? And where do i have to go to lock exp?

Thanks for your advice! What would be the best way to gear my char now that Im lvl 29? Or should i equip him with new crit and vers heirlooms? And where do i have to go to lock exp?

If youre horde, go to the top room of the old warrior training hall in Org. Alliance? Youre going to the back right room of the stormwind keep. You'll be looking for a stealthed rogue in old school lvl 19 twink gear. Talk to him, pay him 10 gold and your XP will be turned off.

As for gear, have a high level toon (85 or higher) put an armor kit and shoulder enchant on the crit heirlooms and wear those. Put crusader on an heirloom axe (for the crit) and swing it until you can find a combatant claymore on the auction house. Put mark of the hidden satyr on an heirloom neck.

The rest of your gear will come from dungeon bosses and random dungeons satchel rewards. Im not REAL up on 29 bis but from what I understand, most of it is Gnomer and Scarlet Halls. Someone else, Im sure, has an armory you can look at.

Best of luck!

Hi, I play arms from time to time at 29, and I'm currently arms. I have 4 Combatant Claymore's to swap through all enchanted with crusader to get huge mortal strike/execute crits. (If you don't know how to weapon swap crusaders, it's easy. You just make equipment sets on your character panel with the different weapons, and drag them to your bar, or make a macro saying "/equipset 1" if you named your equipment set 1. It's definitely worth stacking versa>strength/crit as arms. As you can see, I'm using the epic trinket from Brewfest (You can get it next year) that has a chance to proc on a crit for 48 attack power, which is worth using over the touch of the void trinket in my opinion as it's basically a half crusader proc and makes your mortal strike and execute hit a lot harder when it's up. There isn't anything that I'd change with my gear because I know it's top tier for what's accessible nowadays, with the exception of BG blue gear that is 'adaptable' with just versatility on it. Here's my 29 warrior. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/outland/Asixx
One last thing I'll say about arms, is that it has a very long history of having to be babysitted in pvp with a healer, so if you plan on playing arms in a BG, your best bet is to find yourself a healer, or play solo and die very easily in a lot on cases. I'm sure you know but that's one reason why Fury is good. More HP which = more heals along with crusader procs more often and bloodthirst.
Enjoy :D

29 Arms is subpar, you can play it just like you can play any subpar spec but fury is just better in every way, better mobility, better damage, better self heals. There is a reason you dont see arms warrriors ever, and that reason is not a community wide ignorance of arms being decent.

29 Arms is subpar, you can play it just like you can play any subpar spec but fury is just better in every way, better mobility, better damage, better self heals. There is a reason you dont see arms warrriors ever, and that reason is not a community wide ignorance of arms being decent.

It should be abundantly clear that nobody here cares if arms is “the best” but rather about helping someone make an arms warrior as good as it can be.

Users who are viewing this thread