A tale of two builds, advice / critiques wanted!

Eclipsis

Grandfathered
Hello, I'm Ellipsis and I play shadowpriest in the 39 bracket.

I usually run a very heavy int set with decent stam as many of you already know, however, now that I have acquired some rarer items I've been tinkering with my sets and I would like some opinions on them. Since I can't do armoury links everything will have to be in screenshot form. Apologies in advance if that's annoying for you.

Ellipsis...

View attachment 6059 Goes alongside http://i.imgur.com/dv1UeYC.jpg?1

The above is my newer build with sorcery lens, scaled its around 332 spellpower 32% haste 11% crit and 8450 hp buffed.

View attachment 6060 goes alongside http://i.imgur.com/wbJKZQ1.jpg?1

This is the older build with a lot higher spellpower (367 ish) and slightly less haste, around 25.5% scaled. It has 7780 hp buffed hp and the added bonus of resistances from the charged gear.

These are the two sets I have sorted out for my priest. Please give me your opinions on them and say which you prefer, Put a lot of work into building both of these and though I know BiS is totally subjective and not something you can label someone as in this bracket where there a lot more options for items but we can still discuss choices / builds and improve our chars with help from each other.

Thanks for taking a look and all feedback is greatly GREATLY appreciated.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_100415_224939.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_100415_224939.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 364
  • WoWScrnShot_100415_231045.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_100415_231045.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 350
Last edited by a moderator:
for me to give you a what is better / bis i would need the ss's to be from bgs with scaled stats :O

wasn't really after an analytical approach mate, more a gut feeling / items you would rather run. I did also give rough guestimates as to what the stats are scaled from what I could remember.

Instinctively, I'd favour the first. I don't think the added spell power is worth the combined reduced survivability and to a lesser extent loss of haste. I imagine you are the frequent victim of blindly tunneling swoftyxdgod420 melee cleaves and 728 hp is not a small thing when people are desperately trying to keep you afloat.

Instinctively, I'd favour the first. I don't think the added spell power is worth the combined reduced survivability and to a lesser extent loss of haste. I imagine you are the frequent victim of blindly tunneling swoftyxdgod420 melee cleaves and 728 hp is not a small thing when people are desperately trying to keep you afloat.

After last night I'm inclined to agree more than I would have previously. And I'm not victim of melee cleaves, more the entirety of alliance both man woman and child nowadays.

Also any changes you'd make to the builds I've posted?

I know the couple games I played flailing about on my new warrior I ran at you pretty much incessantly lol. No changes that I can think of. My knowledge of various scalings is admittedly pretty poor though.

Run the 1st set, I am the one who has to heal you after all...

But in all seriousness, the surv and haste are key here, the loss in sp (35ish) is partly made up for in the 6.5% haste, while the extra hp is (at least in these recent games) going to make all the difference when you get tunneled.

All in all both are nice sets, can't see any obvious changes to the gearing based on your stated want out of each.

I like the first set for general use and survivability in mid, seems pretty well rounded to me though admittedly I don't know a whole lot about spriests. If you're in a position to unload and nuke something, the second set looks solid to swap to for some glass cannon action.

Users who are viewing this thread