EU+US A "Special Thanks" for the Anniversary BG...

Sin'dor

Veteran
I never thought it would actually happen...

When the Anniversary Event™ started and we couldn't queue without BFA, I simply wrote-it-off as "yet another all-to-predictable injustice"... of course we couldn't participate! The very idea was never more than just "wishful thinking"! :oops:

So, I went back to RL... agreed to some extra commitments that I now had "time" for, and tried to "accept that which I cannot change". :(

...but while I was gone, something happened:
  • Some of us submitted Support Tickets.
  • Some of us created Official Forum threads.
  • Some of us initiated GM Chats.
  • Some of us tweeted at Developers.
...and somehow, against all odds, Blizzard™ listened! They let us play! They improved the scaling! They even increased Badge rewards for those of us "trying to win"! :eek:

Of course, there's no evidence that Blizzard was "swayed" by anything we specifically did... but I know two things:
  1. Many of you made individual efforts to draw Blizzard's attention to the BG.
  2. Blizzard (surprisingly) went through the trouble of changing it.
So for that alone, I'd like to personally thank you all. :)

When I finally got around to logging-in early this morning, it only took me about three hours to get the 'cheivo (thanks to a Daily reset, and some impressively-fast Horde victories):

Alterac-Valley.jpg

As for rep, I was already Revered from back in WoD... and from today's gains, I'd estimate that I'll only have to average a full BG every-other-day (or perhaps just cheese the Dailies every day) to hit Exalted in five weeks. :cool:

(Now I just need to convince myself that there's no reason to grind for "max badges" every free moment!)

Regardless... this BG is seriously fun, and any of you who "fought" to make it possible are heroes in my book!

TL;DR: I am truly grateful for each and every one of you whiny bitches. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread