A guide how to unlock appearances for items that are out of your level range

Apash

I just tested this with a cloak that required level 24 to equip.
First you need to enchant that item that will make it soulbound (many enchants should work, I made mine soulbound with an engineering tinker)
Then you deposit the item into void storage.
And voila, you have now unlocked the appearance without having to equip the item.

Last edited:
This also works with items u can’t equip as the class like I’m a rogue and get a sick bow tmog does it also work?

I haven't tried that yet, but I expect it not to work. I will update the thread once I try something like that.
Also I thought that rogues can equip bows, no? Or did blizz remove that once in Pandaria?

I haven't tried that yet, but I expect it not to work. I will update the thread once I try something like that.
Also I thought that rogues can equip bows, no? Or did blizz remove that once in Pandaria?
Oh had no idea about that tbh haha idk if they can equip bows it was just a example

What about the BoE bracers that are part of a pvp set, that is the missing piece to unlock given sets, in Northrend Dalaran?

edit: can't test atm because servers are down for maintenance but pretty excited about this, nice info.

Putting the item into void storage is what unlocks the appearance, but the item needs to be soulbound first.
So maybe there is another way to get a helm soulbound without enchants?
An idea that comes to minds is sockets (if the helm has room for them that is), do they make the gear soulbound?

Putting the item into void storage is what unlocks the appearance, but the item needs to be soulbound first.
So maybe there is another way to get a helm soulbound without enchants?
An idea that comes to minds is sockets (if the helm has room for them that is), do they make the gear soulbound?
I don’t think sockets make them soulbound

This also works with items u can’t equip as the class like I’m a rogue and get a sick bow tmog does it also work?
Well I just tried this with a pair of mail boots on my paladin , and it did not work.
The achievement for collecting 100 appearances did not increase (for instance if you make archeology gear even if it is not suitable for your class it will be added to your appearance)
Now the only thing I need to find is a way to make helms soulbound

Users who are viewing this thread