A few questions.

Neon

666 god
Hey guys I have been grinding out gold the past few days and I had a few questions about 29 twinks.

1. How much do they cost to make?

2. Are hybrid dps specs viable?

3. Are there alot of twinks in 29s?

4. Which faction has the most twinks in 29s?

Bump my 29 is ready to q but there are no games going so unfortunately had to play retail twinks. Does 29 east not pop? What about west? Which has more games? Is this bracket dead?

Last edited:
Largely, I'd consider all brackets dead during the day since they split the East / West servers. Yes some games fire, but they are not of very good quality.

Games typically pick up at around 3:00pm EST from my experience. But honestly, those games are pretty low quality as well. At night (Usually 7pm and later) games are pretty good (lots of twinks, back and forth action) with reasonable queue times.

I hope they revert the split, but if they weren't going to do it this week (following all of the complaints on the forums), then my assumption is they will never do it. It is a little boring to play against the same people over and over, and I have a feeling now that the AB bump is dying down we'll see a lot less people in the bracket, meaning longer queues and less variety.

To answer your question, I think the bracket is not dead, but is dying. And beyond the two or three guilds that can organize premades, I wouldn't be surprised if the bracket comes close to dying out other than weekends.

Almost none of that is true. Games still pop. Non-peak times are hard to find games after the bg split, true. Thats not necessarily a permanent change. In addition, people seem to forget originally the best way to find premade vs premade games was the PTR anyway, which is something we might be forced to move to.

Just curious of what I said was false? Not saying you're wrong, just wondering if it is different for Alliance than Horde? I literally had the exact experience I just mentioned today, yesterday and the day before.

Played very few games this week that started before 2pm and they were full of levelers or not full at all. And I've played against the same smathering of 5-10 people every game at night. Weekends were a different story, and obviously 3 days is a small sample size, so maybe my chicken little routine is a little much -- I'll concede that point. But I can't imagine what we have now is going to be super sustainable or what we wanted (or got used before the split).

If somebody asked me "Hey should I roll a 29 right now", I would say yes. But I'd be way less hyped about selling the bracket today than I was three weeks ago.

I shouldn't have phrased it as in 'almost none of that was true'. However, the most important part you listed there, that the bracket is dying, is definitely not true. I haven't heard of any twinks actually quitting over this change

I shouldn't have phrased it as in 'almost none of that was true'. However, the most important part you listed there, that the bracket is dying, is definitely not true. I haven't heard of any twinks actually quitting over this change

There are a ton of twink only players on the blizzard forums exclaiming they will unsub.. but not proof of such.

Users who are viewing this thread