A few NPC buffs.

sevenslacks7

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So I have found a few random NPC buffs that are limited in their use but kinda funny to use.

Energizing Spores : + 30 all stats... and lasts 5 mins... no doubt a usefull buff to try out. What should be noted however is the difficulty in receiving the buff; not only will you need to get a teleport to Shatrath and travel to Zangarmash, but you will have to either survive the attacks from a Young Sporebat long enough to get the buff, or have a friend tank him out till you receive the buff. If you are curious and have the time its a fun buff to get.

Battle Shout Warriors no longer have battle shout, so this is a funny little buff to give you a few attack power. Very easy to get for horde, just go to the mine outside Orgrimmar and you will see Kor'kron Deathbringer's, they give out the buff every few seconds so its easy to get, but only lasts for 2 mins so limited use.

Shrink: Very limited in that it only lasts 30 seconds, and there are other shrink spells that last longer and comes from higher level mobs, but this is the easiest to get especially for horde.

Fel-Infused: Not only looks awesome but has a very nice affect. 1 min duration so a little movability while applied, most unfortunately if you enter a BG with this active it cancels on entry :(. You get this by killing Burning Blade Neophyte's and gaining stacks of Felblood,

Water Gliding: Usefull for anytime you need to do any 'wetwork' ;), May be good in Arathi Basin which I still need to try. I know for a fact you get this by accepting Clammy Hands, there may be a Alliance version but I am not sure.

These are just some of the ones I have seen, I am sure that there are more and would like to see any you guys know of.

here's my old list...i keep wanting to revamp it to include only buffs over 2 minutes so they can be used in BG's. it's excluding holiday stuff of course. For the spores you can probably pull one into guards to get the buff. I'd also like to add all the buffs you can get by MC'ing a mob with a priest.
  • Rallying Cry of the Dragon Slayer (+50% melee/ranged/spell crit and +50% melee AP) Source: Must be in Stormwind/Orgrimmar when a dragon’s head is returned; 2hr duration
  • Darkmoon Buffs (one only: +1-10% damage; +25 Resist All; or +10% to Intellect, Spirit, Stamina, Strength, Agility, Spirit, or Armor) Source: Darkmoon Faire NPC; 2 hour duration
  • Energizing Spores (+30 to all stats) Source: Killing Sporebats in Zangarmarsh; 5 minute duration
  • Water Gliding (Underwater Breathing and +50% swimspeed (doesn’t stack with Aquatic Form)) Source: Fishing Daily; 15 minute duration
  • Friends Come in All Colors (Water Walking) Source: Azshara quest**; 5 minute duration
  • The Captain’s Kiss (+75% Swimspeed) Source: Bloodmyst Isles quest**; 20 minute duration
  • Nasty or Saintly (+8% AP and SP or +3% Hp5) Source: Quest**; 20 minute duration
  • Tonga’s Totem (Bird non-com pet ) Source: Quest
  • Revitalized! (+50 Mp5 and Hp5) Source: Killing certain mobs in Desolace; 5 minute duration
  • Pumped Up! (+10% to base stats) Source: Cheering L70ETC during the DMF; 5 minute duration
  • Poison Extraction Totem (removes a Rogue’s Crippling Poison and a Hunter’s Serpent Sting) Source: Durator quest**

Last edited by a moderator:
here's my old list...i keep wanting to revamp it to include only buffs over 2 minutes so they can be used in BG's. it's excluding holiday stuff of course. For the spores you can probably pull one into guards to get the buff. I'd also like to add all the buffs you can get by MC'ing a mob with a priest.
  • Rallying Cry of the Dragon Slayer (+50% melee/ranged/spell crit and +50% melee AP) Source: Must be in Stormwind/Orgrimmar when a dragon’s head is returned; 2hr duration
  • Darkmoon Buffs (one only: +1-10% damage; +25 Resist All; or +10% to Intellect, Spirit, Stamina, Strength, Agility, Spirit, or Armor) Source: Darkmoon Faire NPC; 2 hour duration
  • Energizing Spores (+30 to all stats) Source: Killing Sporebats in Zangarmarsh; 5 minute duration
  • Water Gliding (Underwater Breathing and +50% swimspeed (doesn’t stack with Aquatic Form)) Source: Fishing Daily; 15 minute duration
  • Friends Come in All Colors (Water Walking) Source: Azshara quest**; 5 minute duration
  • The Captain’s Kiss (+75% Swimspeed) Source: Bloodmyst Isles quest**; 20 minute duration
  • Nasty or Saintly (+8% AP and SP or +3% Hp5) Source: Quest**; 20 minute duration
  • Tonga’s Totem (Bird non-com pet ) Source: Quest
  • Revitalized! (+50 Mp5 and Hp5) Source: Killing certain mobs in Desolace; 5 minute duration
  • Pumped Up! (+10% to base stats) Source: Cheering L70ETC during the DMF; 5 minute duration
  • Poison Extraction Totem (removes a Rogue’s Crippling Poison and a Hunter’s Serpent Sting) Source: Durator quest**

Nice list, one thing I also forgot to add was the Grow buff from Bom'bay that increases your size. Ive tried pulling the mobs back to the guards for Energizing Spores but it doesnt work. It would nice to also put together a list of seasonal only buffs.

Users who are viewing this thread