EU+US 99's Artifact Weapon choice

DeLindsay

10s4Lyf
I was curious of your thoughts as to which Artifact Weapon you will choose for your 99's on Tuesday, should they still be available for us once it's Live like they are on Beta. From what I'm understanding we'll only get to chose 1, ever at 99, so you pretty much get stuck to that Spec/Role as the Artifact Weapons add so much to that specific Spec it almost makes your other Specs fairly useless.

For me I have 2 Classes, DH and Monk. The DH I'm fairly confident I'll go Vengeance because I really like it's Tanking style and it seems like it'll be quite good in BG's with all it's dmg reduction and self Healing.

Monk I'm on the fence about. I don't really need another 99 Tank. Has anyone here played Mistweaver in the 90-99 Bracket? How would that fair compared to BM or WW?

With time everything change. good classes may not be same next expac. Rather go with things you enjoy.
Come to think of it, leveling rogue via pvp in 90-100 bracket in late wod was some of the most fun times i had playing it.

WW on my Monk
Ww monk definitely their artifact weapon is pretty goos
Care to explain why you would chose WW over BM or MW? I'm curious because I've always found WW to be meh at 99, even my Ele Shaman could out DPS my Monk when she was 99. Granted I'm looking at it from the lens of PvE and I'm here asking about iPvP so that's why I'm looking for solid responses as the way it looks we only get to chose ONE Spec, and not sure we can change our minds later.

Im gonna really have a tought time with my rogue and warlock. It would come down to outlaw or assassination, I've always been a fan of assassination. and for warlock i have nooo clue if destruction was how it was last xpac destro easily, but its not. So i'd either go demo or affliction. leaning more towards affliction

Pick the prettiest one.

these are for my 100s, not 99 but close enough. ive leveled one of each class across many wow accounts i got from the movie promo. gonna cycle through them using 10 day trials.

i like tanks:
blood dk
bm monk
prot warrior
prot paladin. i know im missing out on ashbringer

others:
shadow priest cos insanity looks interesting
arcane mage cos i like pure magic rather than elemental magic
marksmanship hunter cos i dont like pets
outlaw rogue cos dont like stealth or poison
enhancement shaman cos prefer melee than caster

cant decide:
either affli or destro warlock cos dont like pets
either feral or guardian druid cos prefer melee, but even though i like tanks i dont really like bear tank

Care to explain why you would chose WW over BM or MW? I'm curious because I've always found WW to be meh at 99, even my Ele Shaman could out DPS my Monk when she was 99. Granted I'm looking at it from the lens of PvE and I'm here asking about iPvP so that's why I'm looking for solid responses as the way it looks we only get to chose ONE Spec, and not sure we can change our minds later.
WW got a revamp for their mastery which makes it not only feel more rewarding but also upped the amount of damage it can do to levels surpassing MoP WW monk.

I know it's Ven, but still it shows what windwalker is capable of.

Last edited:
I thought you had to be 100 for artifact weapons, though. is it 98?
Conflicting information atm. On Beta you can get it at 98. On Wowhead the actual starting Quest says 98, but the Artifact Guide says 100. I guess we'll find out later on today. All sources do say that 102 is required to open up Off-Spec Artifacts.

WW is only good in Arenas as they got nerfed immensely on damage. They still have CC but FoF stun being removed, the whole setup is different now. For BG's I would reccomend MW if you're trying to keep on top of the scoreboard.

Users who are viewing this thread