EU+US 99 or 101?

lots of gold to spend- 101
poor- 99
Not even remotely correct. 99 is FAR more expensive when you consider all the Transfers you're going to have to make in order to even get full 746's let alone with Sockets and Tertiary. I don't think there's even one LvL 99 yet with more than 5-6 Sockets and only a few of us even have full 746 gear. The better way to respond to his question is this:

PvE = 101
WPvP = 101 (sort of, it's getting more difficult as 110's gear higher).
iPvP = 99

Not even remotely correct. 99 is FAR more expensive when you consider all the Transfers you're going to have to make in order to even get full 746's let alone with Sockets and Tertiary.

Wait wait, so we're comparing BiS 99 to, literally-average 101 twinks and then we say the BiS 99 is more expensive?

That's a bad comparison.

Full 895 at level 101 will surely cost you more (even in terms of transfers) than full 746 at level 99?

I don't know much about it, since i don't play here, but isn't full 746 BiS whereas all these people with item level 860 TF gear at 101 are basically just well-geared, not BiS.

Allot of gear for both 99s and 101s can be farmed at a good rate with 5m imp groups and 3 of those party members being monks with statue. Might not be the right drops but if your partied with other twinks from the same realm then trading is an option. Allot it's a great AP farm as well.

Allot of ppl aren't patient enough to farm on a consistent basis. It's allot cheaper.

Wait wait, so we're comparing BiS 99 to, literally-average 101 twinks and then we say the BiS 99 is more expensive?

That's a bad comparison.

Full 895 at level 101 will surely cost you more (even in terms of transfers) than full 746 at level 99?

I don't know much about it, since i don't play here, but isn't full 746 BiS whereas all these people with item level 860 TF gear at 101 are basically just well-geared, not BiS.
First, 99 only has 2 Legion BoE Epic Gear options, 740 and 746 iLvL aka LvL 98/99 "Scales to Level". Second, it's less that I'm comparing BiS 99 to 'well geared' 101's and more the AVAILABILITY of 99 Gear with Socket and Tertiary (almost non-existent). 890-895, even with Socket and Tertiary is becoming increasingly more available for 101's on at least a few Realms and while it carries a steep cost, it's actually possible to acquire said items on your own Realm group. 99 Gear is almost guaranteed to be on a different Realm and therefore you have to add in the cost to Transfer a Character potentially for every single item you purchase.

@Miles I certainly agree that 99 Gear isn't "hard" to farm but there's clearly too few Players actually doing it counting the very small portion of Auctions listed at any given time across all NA Realms (EU may be different).

Last edited:
I certainly agree that 99 Gear isn't "hard" to farm but there's clearly too few Players actually doing it counting the very small portion of Auctions listed at any given time across all NA Realms (EU may be different).

Yep.. It is much harder to find even 746ilvl gear than 850+ with leech, since nobody farms it at 99 (or just very few ppl). At first week of legion I managed to buy two 746 items on AH. Since then I did not see any 746s on AH on the few realms I usually check.

I farmed 3 ilvl 746 pieces(that I needed for the character I was on) on my 99 in 4 hours in a 5m, 3 monk imp group. Bracers, helm and trinket. Gear can be farmed with some luck and patients.

Last edited:
being able to quest for half your gear makes it cheaper. not everyone will get their toons to bis and will still use temporary gear until items can be farmed or pop up on the AH. im not going to add in realm transfer fees because thats not part of my twinking agenda. filling in slots for a 99 with warlords crafted pieces and upgrading them all the way is still going to be cheaper than doing the same thing with 845ish BOEs filling in slots on a 101.

i would also like to know more about this farming thing? for the lesser educated of us.
what is an imp group?
mobs of grells(imps) spawn in moonclaw vale and have a fairly fast respawn rate. aoe farming them for purps and artifact power is faster if youre in a group with 4 other 99's. if your twink can heal, doing so to the npcs fighting the grells will also "tag" the mobs making them lootable.

which part is boring? grinding AP and farming gear can get monotonous but there is some type of farming/grinding for every twink at every bracket.
slow and boring battlegrounds + not exactly being able to world pvp against 110s. Also it feels kinda weird to be so close to 101 but only do about 40% of the damage or less.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread