99 greens - socket and leech?

docturphil

Grandfathered
So I had a green belt drop that had a socket. Is it possible for greens to drop with a socket and leech?

If so, I feel like that may be the new BiS for most slots. You may very slightly reduce your damage, but you could have probably around ~20% leech.

Also, item level is 138 for these. Just out of range of most enchants. Anyone know what item level drops for 98s? If we can get item level 136 with sockets and leech. Oh man... Just imagine...

Maybe Draenor green drops would work? Can those drop with socket and leech?

Is it possible for greens to drop with a socket and leech?
It is able, I checked my 99's. I only had one Socket + Leech piece but 2x with Socket + Speed
WoWScrnShot_112718_200522.jpg

It is able, I checked my 99's. I only had one Socket + Leech piece but 2x with Socket + Speed
View attachment 9335

Google translate tells me that's +11 leech and those are wrists.

Very nice! So then the question is can Draenor drops also proc leech and socket? I believe item level for Draenor drops is 136, which makes them eligible for enchants. I'm pretty certain 136 item level with socket and leech would be BiS for any slot that you can enchant.
[doublepost=1543358964,1543356199][/doublepost]So according to an article on wowhead, the only gear that can have a socket and leech for a 99 from draenor is gear obtained from garrison missions.

Guess I better start spamming those garrison missions.

Pretty sure draenor dungeon drops at least can have leech... maybe a socket too? Just spam a few real quick.

edit- wow, just browsing thru I already see the WoD dungeon rings are better with lots of main stat.

I'll run a few and see what I get. I know I got leech before, I used to run myself thru Slag Mines to level 90-100.
[doublepost=1543364983,1543362686][/doublepost]Ok, just ran one slag mines, at 99 the drops are 136 and warforge to... 136. LOL.

Second drop (a chest) had leech, 18 leech gave him 2.18% leech at 99.

Yes WoD Dungeons can drop sockets and leech, but didnt saw droping one pieces with both
[doublepost=1543390252,1543390143][/doublepost]
Google translate tells me that's +11 leech and those are wrists.
Yes they are wrists and 11 Leech seems to be ok for one piece.
On my 99 druid I have 7 pieces with leech and Im running with 13,04% leech but as you mentioned before dps is a bit lower but surviveability is top in zergs
[doublepost=1543390327][/doublepost]@docturphil is 99 still a thing? I know you are on US.
But on EU- German realms it takes ages to get a bg invite

Based on what I’m seeing in 101-109 currently, is my 101 walks over 109s. This is because all the gem sockets for secondaries. I wonder if same would apply for this bracket. Has anyone brushed off their 90-91 twink recently and done testing?

Pretty sure draenor dungeon drops at least can have leech... maybe a socket too? Just spam a few real quick.

edit- wow, just browsing thru I already see the WoD dungeon rings are better with lots of main stat.

I'll run a few and see what I get. I know I got leech before, I used to run myself thru Slag Mines to level 90-100.
[doublepost=1543364983,1543362686][/doublepost]Ok, just ran one slag mines, at 99 the drops are 136 and warforge to... 136. LOL.

Second drop (a chest) had leech, 18 leech gave him 2.18% leech at 99.

According to the wowhead guide on item changes in Draenor, dungeon gear can only have a tertiary stat.

So you could probably get full leech gear fairly easily by running Draenor dungeons. But you'd be sacrificing some damage for sure.

Of course I could be wrong about this. As others have mentioned they've seen sockets.

Based on what I’m seeing in 101-109 currently, is my 101 walks over 109s. This is because all the gem sockets for secondaries. I wonder if same would apply for this bracket. Has anyone brushed off their 90-91 twink recently and done testing?

Hmmm wouldn't socketing main stat be better than secondaries?

you can still get gears with 3rd stats (avoid, speed, leech) and socket from Skyreach .. items from this dungeon is ilvl136 .. you can also get them from Leystone Lockbox, but if you get it from lockbox it will be ilvl138 (if you open the lockbox as a lvl99) .. bg winning crates does not give you 3rd stats and socket

Armored Elekk Tusk (get it at lvl99, it procs 271 mastery) is good for those who use mastery .. it doesnt cost a thing, free

these are useful, but on some AH it might be costly, use the lvl96 ilvl136 version, they all proc 265 of the respective stats:
Everblooming Thorny Hibiscus - 265 haste
Bajheric Bangle - 265 str
Fizzlebang's Folly - 265 mastery
Pajeet-Nov's Perpetual Puzzle - 265 agil
Bronzed Elekk Statue - 265 versa

their proc time is short, but they proc almost every minute, i usually prefer trinket proc that can recover within a minute

Last edited:
Some OP enchants worth mentioning are 12 secondary to bracers, 20 mastery to gloves, and 12 secondary to boots. With that being said, maybe some BIS choices for 101s would be socketed HEROIC draenor dungeon gear. Because it’s 136 and just slips under the IL to put enchants on them.

Normal draenor dungeon gear is 136 with the same stats, but after 10 skyreach runs last night, not 1 piece had a socket for me or my runner. Tried heroic, first boss dropped socketed sword. Also with this theory, you could put living steel buckle on socketed belt, giving 2 sockets which is just silly.

I’ve been doing tons of testing at 101 lately, and finding a lot of good stuff. Check out my mage in sig and let me know if you have any questions why I chose the piece I’m using

Chest, bracers, gloves and belt I still have to replace with socketed vers+ mastery heroic draenor dungeon pieces.

i have seen many mm hunters or any class that uses both agility and mastery .. would you choose between gems thats 5 agil/5 crit or 4 agil/4 mastery ? for some reason (i didnt do any test, but its a strong gut feel) i just couldnt convince myself to use the gem with crit .. mastery in many classes translate into raw additional usable dmg, crit is like a random proc

i cant find any gems thats 5 agil/ 4 mastery .. are there such gems ?

Users who are viewing this thread