EU+US 99 DH still possible?

norcal313

Legend
I tried making a 99 DH last night, failed miserably. I hit 100 before even getting out of the opening zone. If I recall correctly, I was able to make a 99 DH back in Legion...

I'm assuming they increased xp on all the quests?

I could get very close on Alliance side back in the day. Tried Horde side last night and went way over 100 very early on. I'm thinking xp was increased.

Yeah, they only get the first tier available to them at 99.

I tried it 3 times on horde side about 4 months ago. I did not do any extras, not even for that trinket. I only attacked mobs that were under 50% life or less, sometimes I waited 10 or 15 minutes for another player to avoid attacking enemies with 100% life ... and I did not make it. I hit LvL 100 3 or 4 quest before the end of the introductory scenario. Today it will be even harder, I think.

It's probably impossible today with the xp changes. Both Horde and Alliance could make 99 DHs, but the reason it was more of a problem for Alliance is because Blizzard, in all of their infinite wisdom, put the xp eliminator right next to the kings room, which happens to continue the legion storyline with the invasion in the kings room (and phases the xp eliminator). So you had to knock those quests out of the way too before you had an opportunity to turn xp off.

Folks are correct though, they only get the first level talents and NO PvP talents (that's right, not even a trinket).

I was painfully close to leveling with my 99 alliance demon hunter. You could not do any extras, only the quests. Be sure to not fight any of the rares if you want to get the strong trinket. The main trick was to complete the objective tasks without fighting any enemies, either by tagging aggro of stray enemies and luring em to the npcs which could take em out really quickly and you would still get credit in certain zones or the helping out of allies which would not give you any exp. Some other people suggested completing the quests while a ghost with a team member. Certain smaller enemies give less exp as well, so it was good to go for ones with the least amount of exp. Basically anything that could give exp that you were able to avoid, avoid it. I'm pretty sure I tried letting others tag so as to not get exp as well, not sure it that had any effect. From what I remember, I had just enough of a bar left to fight that one rare get the trinket and not level but I couldn't tell at the time so I chose not to fight him(This was after multiple hours of attempts, it took a while, like 6 hours for the one that was a success). They really did not want anyone to remain 99. The introduction quest that phased the exp eliminator is what made it really tough.

I added up the xp from the quests. That xp alone is now enough to put you over 100.

Are u tagging adds after other people tag? Or before? I wanna say the exp is cut if u tag after. Correct me if I’m wrong. Also I think there are a few quests that aren’t required.

I'm going to assume people aren't reading what I wrote. Yes, I used to have a 99 DH too. Yes, it was possible. I made the post because upon trying recently I noticed the xp I was getting from the quests seemed to be more than before.

I killed all NPCs that I was able to by grouping, dying, and letting the other account do the killing. I minimized xp from mobs just about as much as possible. Again, the xp from turning the quests in alone made me break 100 now. Was not like this a year ago.

Whaaat? Damn. I held off too long on making a 99 DH for non-PvP reasons!

So there's no way to skip any of the quests at all? No known glitches? I buying a 99 DH off someone the only way to get one now?

I thought putting in “not for PvP” would be enough but I guess we have to add it multiple times in every post about this.

I’d want a 99 DH for PvE reasons.

You can petition a GM to lock your XP bar if you are unable to reach the experience eliminator NPC for your faction. I would suggest checking the level requirements on the quest chain for the Demon Hunters. This worked in the past with level 1 Goblin Rogue twinks back in the past. Should still work now, might have to get the right GM, but having them take 10g for the locked XP bar is not in violation of any ToS or abusing any GM whatsoever.

edit - Of course you will still need 10 gold. Which you will easily get from the Demon Hunter quest chain.

You can petition a GM to lock your XP bar if you are unable to reach the experience eliminator NPC for your faction. I would suggest checking the level requirements on the quest chain for the Demon Hunters. This worked in the past with level 1 Goblin Rogue twinks back in the past. Should still work now, might have to get the right GM, but having them take 10g for the locked XP bar is not in violation of any ToS or abusing any GM whatsoever.

edit - Of course you will still need 10 gold. Which you will easily get from the Demon Hunter quest chain.

Oooh, I’m gonna try this!

Thanks!

I thought putting in “not for PvP” would be enough but I guess we have to add it multiple times in every post about this.

The point everyone is trying to make is that a 99 of anything else would be better for PvE too. It's not any good.

Users who are viewing this thread