EU+US 91-99 Twink Questions

Winterly

Level 1 Hunter
Hey, I've always been interested in 91-99 twinking, but I'm more interested in dueling / world pvp against level 100's. Can someone clarify if this is indeed possible, not asking if it's hard, just possible.

If so what gear? All of the armory's that I go through kinda have random gear for BG's / Arena's due to the scaling system. I know that I'd need the 91 Crafted gear and upgrade the 3 pieces all the way up to 705, but what other gear would I use? Mythic SoO Gear or PvP Gear? Ect.

Please Let me know your thoughts down in the comments please.

Cheers!

Just wait ~2mo and you'll be capable of full 705/715 gear when the WoD (3) restriction is removed. Other than that, come Legion Blizz made the idiot decision to permanently disable ALL Set Bonuses pre-WoD so SoO Mythic Warforged 4/4 won't help you. You want pure Stats for Stat scaling over a Level 100. I can say from Twinking a 99 Shammy that my DPS was higher at 99 versus Skyreach normal Bosses compared to the same at Level 100 with much higher iLvL, a crap load higher. Older content (when doing PvE) made little to no difference. I didn't do any 99>100 Duels so can't argue for or against it.

Just wait ~2mo and you'll be capable of full 705/715 gear when the WoD (3) restriction is removed. Other than that, come Legion Blizz made the idiot decision to permanently disable ALL Set Bonuses pre-WoD so SoO Mythic Warforged 4/4 won't help you. You want pure Stats for Stat scaling over a Level 100. I can say from tinking a 99 Shammy that my DPS was higher at 99 versus Skyreach normal Bosses compared to the same at Level 100 with much higher iLvL, a crap load higher. Older content (when doing PvE) made little to no difference. I didn't do any 99>100 Duels so can't argue for or against it.
So should I still bother making the 91 twink? Just don't SoO gear him, prepare getting gold for full 705/715 gear for when they remove the WoD (3) restriction and then when that is implemented just full out gear with that and then rape? Or should I make a level 100 twink, get ring, ect.

For dueling/world PVP it is probably best to stay at lvl 91 as melee and at lvl 99 as caster, cos u will not miss many attacks as melee, but as caster u will miss alot at lvl 91. Reason to stay at lvl 91 is much better secondary stat scaling. For example it is possible to get more than 330% mastery as arms warrior = you will be able to do near one shots...

For dueling/world PVP it is probably best to stay at lvl 91 as melee and at lvl 99 as caster, cos u will not miss many attacks as melee, but as caster u will miss alot at lvl 91. Reason to stay at lvl 91 is much better secondary stat scaling. For example it is possible to get more than 330% mastery as arms warrior = you will be able to do near one shots...
Thank you

So should I still bother making the 91 tink? Just don't SoO gear him, prepare getting gold for full 705/715 gear for when they remove the WoD (3) restriction and then when that is implemented just full out gear with that and then rape? Or should I make a level 100 tink, get ring, ect.
Level 100 (with 795 Legendary Ring) vs Level(s) 91/99 is a tough question because we still don't know just how strong the Power Creep will be with the Artifact Weapon and just how far you'll be able to unlock it AT 100. But I can say this, 91 with full WoD craftables all fully upgraded would be devastating.

Level 100 (with 795 Legendary Ring) vs Level(s) 91/99 is a tough question because we still don't know just how strong the Power Creep will be with the Artifact Weapon and just how far you'll be able to unlock it AT 100. But I can say this, 91 with full WoD craftables all fully upgraded would be devastating.
Okay, thank you very much, I'll do the 91:)

So ... i can get the weapon crafted (and what are the other crafted ones ?) and the rest just random pve/pvp older stuff or sets, doesn't matter ? i see ppl using sets that get pvp power (does that even do anything these days ?)
i have the i550 pvp set from mop. but ppl with lvl'ing gear/quest gear , or even upgraded looms, are doing better ?
If i inspect them i can't see the scaling... so how do you decide wich gear you use if you don't know how much the for example 50int chest will be if u enter the bg ?
+ if you're a caster you should xp block at 99 ?
hunter (or melee) at 91 ?
i've been out of endgame play for long, sorry for the many questions.

So ... i can get the weapon crafted (and what are the other crafted ones ?) and the rest just random pve/pvp older stuff or sets, doesn't matter ? i see ppl using sets that get pvp power (does that even do anything these days ?)
i have the i550 pvp set from mop. but ppl with lvl'ing gear/quest gear , or even upgraded looms, are doing better ?
If i inspect them i can't see the scaling... so how do you decide wich gear you use if you don't know how much the for example 50int chest will be if u enter the bg ?
+ if you're a caster you should xp block at 99 ?
hunter (or melee) at 91 ?
i've been out of endgame play for long, sorry for the many questions.
If you are Twinking this Bracket for BG's then 99 is the better option due to gaining full abilities by 98. Scaling will be exactly the same (once inside the BG) with full WoD Craftables once the (3) limit is removed for 91 and 99. For open World Duels/PvP 91 is the better option due to Secondary Stat scaling, and yes for Melee/Hunter while Casters are better suited for 99. Both 91 and 99, come Legion, will be capable of wearing the exact same gear for every slot and since MoP and previous xpac's are getting their Set Bonus permanently disabled (dumbest idea ever by Blizz) SoO gear won't matter.

For Legion, WoWhead lists a bunch of ilvl 820 BoE gear that players can use at level 98. It's entirely possible that crafted and even pre-expansion gear will be a thing of the past for this bracket. The same thing happened to every just-below endgame bracket when a new expansion appeared, with the exception of the 89 bracket when WoD came out.

Assuming ofc that you can acquire an 820 item for every single slot, since that's what you'll be able to do with the WoD Craftables once the (3) limit is removed, giving you 705 (Weapons) and 715 (Body/off-pcs), that is unless someone has figured out how to get Valor below Level 100 to upgrade all those pcs by 10 iLvL. Also keep in mind, some of that gear Wowhead lists as "equippable" by Character Level 98 might actually be from a Legion Dungeon that requires say 102 to even walk into the Instance or from a Quest that's in a small chain and the first in said chain might require 101 or something.

Assuming ofc that you can acquire an 820 item for every single slot, since that's what you'll be able to do with the WoD Craftables once the (3) limit is removed, giving you 705 (Weapons) and 715 (Body/off-pcs), that is unless someone has figured out how to get Valor below Level 100 to upgrade all those pcs by 10 iLvL.

True. So far WoWhead only lists ilvl 820 necks, rings, and trinkets.

Also keep in mind, some of that gear Wowhead lists as "equippable" by Character Level 98 might actually be from a Legion Dungeon that requires say 102 to even walk into the Instance or from a Quest that's in a small chain and the first in said chain might require 101 or something.

You missed the part where I said they were BoE drops.

Legion Invasion Event info just added to Wowhead and it contains (hopefully) VERY good news for 98-99 Twinks. After Stage 4 of each of the 6 Invasions around Azeroth you are awarded (Personal loot?) a Large Legion Chest which has a chance to contain unique, one time only skins, iLvL 700 1/6 that can be upgraded to 725 during the Event with special currency called Coalesced Fel which has a Level requirement of 98 (the Currency says 98, the Weapons have no Level yet). There is also a Small Legion Chest that can contain Fel-Touched Armor that scales from 1-100 (at least that's how Wowhead reports it as of right now). The slider shows those items at 670 for 99's, 640 for 98's and so on. There is also 700 iLvL off-pcs that can be purchased for 500 Nethershard but at current they show a Level 100 requirement.

This could give 98-99 Twinks an even higher iLvL spread between the common plebs in BG's come Legion by taking Weapons from 705 (WoD Craftables) to 725 6/6 if we can indeed equip and upgrade them at 98. With the WoD (3) limit removed, new 725 Weapons and possibly iLvL 820 BoE Green off-pcs 98-99's could very well be sitting at ~736 iLvL vs the current 590 for the Bracket or the 600 that Looms scale to at 99. A 13-14% Stat increase will be very nice indeed, and that's at the 0.1% per 1 iLvL that Blizzard has already stated is too low and they will probably raise it in the future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread