US 90 Twinking

jwl

FC - Pagle
I am currently leveling both a Paladin & Monk to 90. I have never twinked in this bracket, nor invested much time towards learning about it. Could somebody share the ins-&-outs of 90 content? I'd like to know if there are any legacy guilds around, gear guides, active players, weekly SOO runs, etcetera.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am expecting to have both of my players at level 90 within the next few days. Do not attempt to sway me into going 99 either, it wont work :D

If you are to go 90 twink, just go full SOO Mythic Warforged gear.

But what are your plans with the twink? How do you wanna play it?

That's my intentions. Ultimately, Obtaining BIS PvE gear is the goal on all of my characters. Definitely playing Mistweaver on the monk & either Retribution or Holy on the paladin. PVE/PVP purposes. Be cool to even have some true legacy raiding going on.

I have a 91 twink and 90s are exactly the tip of where the last stat squish hit. Meaning mogushan vaults gear is comparable to questing gear (but at least have gems) and SoO gear is great (gems make it better). Sadly the set bonuses are trashed.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/aerie-peak/needsnerf

But when the next stat squish comes around in a month or so, expect to see gear become stale just like 60s, 70s, 80s, and so on. Power will be determined by gem count and enchants on gear and obvious class imbalance. I'm hoping the trinket effects from SoO can survive the squish.

100 will also get hit by the stat squish but maybe the set bonuses will remain. Sadly HFC gear lack gem slots unless you're lucky and it procs a gem with RNG and only 1 per item.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 91 twink and 90s are exactly the tip of where the last stat squish hit. Meaning mogushan vaults gear is comparable to questing gear (but at least have gems) and SoO gear is great (gems make it better). Sadly the set bonuses are trashed.

Well, I am going for SOO(M) attire. Twinking is about a lot more than just being overpowered to me. I'm interested in this even if they are nerfed to the ground. After the 90s will come 100s too.

Do you think SOO will be easier to solo in BFA? I really don't know how legacy raids will go for level 120s...I've even heard the raids will scale to level (meaning a 120 will be in a 120 instance) which sounds 100% retarded to me & unsoloable.

Well, I am going for SOO(M) attire. Twinking is about a lot more than just being overpowered to me. I'm interested in this even if they are nerfed to the ground. After the 90s will come 100s too.

Do you think SOO will be easier to solo in BFA? I really don't know how legacy raids will go for level 120s...I've even heard the raids will scale to level (meaning a 120 will be in a 120 instance) which sounds 100% retarded to me & unsoloable.

SoO is already easy to solo at max level, it's just a long ass raid lol. So yeah in BFA I'd assume it would be ez mode. Not sure about all of that other stuff with scaling.

You have a good view on twinking. You're right you don't need to be OP (although that helps). Having a twink in every bracket is a great way of experiencing different class balances and pvp in general.

SoO is already easy to solo at max level, it's just a long ass raid lol. So yeah in BFA I'd assume it would be ez mode. Not sure about all of that other stuff with scaling.

You have a good view on twinking. You're right you don't need to be OP (although that helps). Having a twink in every bracket is a great way of experiencing different class balances and pvp in general.

I've actually never ran SOO myself, so I am in for an experience. Hopefully I catch on quick enough to be able to trade runs with fellow players. Twinks are like collectibles to me, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I care more about the experiences that come with it than actually building an Overpowered character.
[doublepost=1528595516,1528588778][/doublepost]Bump. If anyone knows of any guilds, armory links, forum post, ANYTHING that I'd be able to use as reference, I'd appreciate it!

Also if anyone is looking to trade SOO runs Weekly, please send me a message!

Bump. LF Mythic SOO run for a friend & myself on horde
[doublepost=1528694882,1528657395][/doublepost]https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/shuhalo/jwlxc

Any advice for farming charms? or general advice a new player to this bracket may need? I am literally starting from scratch here.

Users who are viewing this thread