90 Sub PvP Rogue.

Mainly looking for constructive critism on spec, gems and transmog.

I'm dropping skinning for mining. Will make money collecting and Legendary Wep making simpler.

It looks good, fot a few things to note tho :)

First off, gem Vivid instead of Assasin's. Then on spec, you really ought to swap out Paralytic Posion for Prey on the Weak. You don't need another stun, especially since it's a proc stun. You want to have the biggest opener possible, and thats what Prey on the Weak does. Also in arena's it's extremely nice, because it means that your partner(s) also do more damage on the target. As for glyphs, I'd strongly suggest swapping out Glyph of Feint for Glyph of Cheap Shot. In terms of professions, if you want the best, go for Blacksmithing and Engineering. Engineering for them awesome tinkers and Blacksmithing for 2 extra gem slots.

And don't change anything on that transmog! It's awesome!

This is all I see in a quick glance, good luck with your rogue and it looks nice so far!

I'd drop some hit for expertise and switch your dancing steel to mh and chain oh (more procs). Other than that looks great and great transmog.

No, everything looks good by and large.

TALENTS:
Paralytic poison is not so important for the proc-stun as much as the shiv-root, it can be invaluable to root someone out of LOS. It is 4 seconds of 3v2 taking pressure of your team and adding it to theirs, and it is also very possible to sap off of this particular shiv if you're quick about it. I don't know if it can be dispelled, but even if it can, that leads to somebody eating a full poly\trap or your team not having on use buffs dispelled like block, freedom, wings, whatnot.

CND v SHS is a tossup, really. CND allows your dance to be basically unpeelable and gives you a lot of mobility, but I would still take SHS for comps where you will be focused \ if you are new to rogue gameplay, because the ability to step to a friendly out of LOS is huge for resetting.

Lastly - many top rogues are taking MFD over shuriken. This is because, with if you are energy capped with SND when you go into a dance - you won't run out of energy. So it's something in the realm of X ambushes + eviscerate + MFD eviscerate. Wicked burst in dance, a mate sent me a part of Reckful's stream where he discussed it. Not to mention that with MFD, you have instant swaps and 5pt [redirect] kidney on demand. It's a lot scarier to trinket a blind or poly when you know that even if the rogue is focusing elsewhere, it takes 3s for SHS\CND>MFD>redirect KS. That's basically gameover.

GEAR:
I thought that the hitcap was normalized to 4%, but the top rogues are floating in the 3-4% hit range. They are also reforging into mastery, or crit if mastery exists on the item.

I am seeing an amount of rogues gem 160PvPp/160PvPr in the blue slots, I don't know any math on it, consider this.
I am also noticing that many of the top rogues are taking the on-proc agility trinket, it would seem that it was changed to give X agility for 20 seconds, and it stacks sort of like the naaru crystal from SWP.

I saw a few rogue playing with the caster ofhand because it gives more PvP power than the melee one. I know daggers were normalized along with 1h's & 2hs, so I don't know if this means you can shiv with a caster offhand, nor how much offhand white damage you lose and if this outweighs the MH damage increase from the PvPp.

MOG:
I actually very much liked your mog, I might take the black bloodfang shoulders just because I'm a fanboy like that, though. 9/10.

@ Volsci

Paralytic Poison is shit. As it stacks it's unreliably as to when it procs the stun (although to a certain degree you can control it). It also bugs with crippling poison a lot and doesn't apply crippling so your target just fucks off not slowed. You also lose Mind Numbing which is awesome.

CND is better than step vast majority of the time especially with subterfuge which you should have anyway.

MFD yes although shuriken can still be useful.

Hit cap is 3% so you won't need to take accuracy bracers anymore afaik. Mastery > Crit

Rzn @ Tichondrius - Community - World of Warcraft gem like that

caster offhand is shit now because they halved the pvp power on it meaning you lose all your offensive stats and damage and gain nothing now.

*shrug* I only play rogue on the arena-tournament realm, I just saw the poison being put to good use in a few streams. Didn't really think the proc was important at all as much as the root, but I digress, I don't know.

CND is better, I was hyped up on coffee at the time of submitting that and had overwhelming pressing thoughts about SHSing to friendly pets. Disregard it.

If the caster dagger is nerfed then yes, it's shit.

So; tldr everything is good except for possibly 1 or 2 things. I'll do some testing around and see what I like more. Thanks all for the advise and information.

Users who are viewing this thread