90-109 BIS gear (Pvp Power)

Butterland

Veteran
Helle ladies,

I came back to WoW with the pre-patch after taking a break from the last 2 expansions. As usual, I leveled in PvP since I absolutely hate questing and fighting NPCs. So I queued my first BG and my damage was absurd. I'm used to destroying random BGs (I'm a washed up high rated arena player), but I was strong, too strong.

At first, I thought I was just really good but I quickly realized that, skills aside, I was still hitting way too hard in comparison to my opponents and teammates. We're talking 6-8k Mortal Strikes and 3-5k Executes averages against 11-16k HP opponents.

So as any person would do, I made a ticket to Blizzard... Nah, I kept silent and investigated so that I could abuse this power as much as possible.

I write this after leveling both my Warrior and my Druid from 90-110 and I can now reveal my secret since it is no longer of any value to me.

PvP Power

PvP Power flew under the radar after the stat squish and its power is ridiculous. In full Prideful Gear (which both my Warrior and Druid obviously had), you start off with ~50% increased damage at 90 and it scales down very slowly to ~38% increased damage at 110.

Don't use Artifact weapons. Most of your PvP Power comes from the Prideful Weapon. In PvP, your Prideful weapon probably breaks even with Mythic level Artifact Weapon, but beats everything below.

At 101, you can swap in a legendary for the ridiculous strength/agility/intellect.

Prideful Trinkets have no PvP Power and can therefor be swapped with whatever you like / can get your hands on. I still used them up to 110 as they provided me with good Strength (29) and controllable procs to burst. Feel free to use other trinket thought.

At 110, I still hold my own and finish in top 3 (damage and kills) every BG althought I do have to play more carefully due to my 16k HP. Also, still using Prideful Weapon over Artifact at the moment.

Anonymous Arms Warrior / Boomkin

Update (2018-07-30)
Kept track of my damage as my artifact improved and found that, for an Arms Warrior, i215 weapon is roughly equivalent to the Prideful weapon. Anything higher and you can forget Prideful altogether. May very well vary with each class/spec, but it does show how overpowered the Prideful weapon is in PvP.

Last edited:
Please remove this post before it gets reported!
this has been known for a while. if anything does get changed, it'll be the pvp power values on the prideful weapons, as those alone contribute the majority of it
still, even at the current values, dmg from pvp power composes a small percentage of the obtainable dmg in these brackets. i'm going to assume (given that no1 outside of 99s tends to know of them -- need Nethercluster to purchase) OP missed out on Felstone buffs while lvling (3-4x dmg, 5 min duration)
that, and you can just agi pot on cd, buff with flask & felmouth frenzy, grab 5% stats buff from tanaan (which, by the way, functioned at 110 for all of legion & probably still does), etc.
90-99 is easily the most broken bfa bracket & i have characters in all. if you're not 1-hitting lvlers, you're doing something wrong

Does this scale down to 70-90?
pvp power functions at 70, but you can't obtain nearly as much of it (even if you gem full pvp power) as you can at 90+. not even worth gemming it for all slots at 70

Oh I'm sure I wasn't at the actual BIS, but I'm fairly certain that gear-wise, prideful is currently the best easily acquired gear to reach say 95% of BIS' power..

Last 2 BGs at 110, I still outdamaged everyone by 200k and I'm still sporting full Prideful with the exception of a ring and a trinket.

Oh I'm sure I wasn't at the actual BIS, but I'm fairly certain that gear-wise, prideful is currently the best easily acquired gear to reach say 95% of BIS' power..

Last 2 BGs at 110, I still outdamaged everyone by 200k and I'm still sporting full Prideful with the exception of a ring and a trinket.

oh, no doubt. i was responding to the "remove this" poster, in noting that there are greater dmg modifiers obtainable for 99s, under the assumption that they were actually twinking (and therefore putting more time into buffs, etc.) rather than leveling. given that, if they are, prideful gear is the tip of the iceberg in terms of the currently-obtainable absurdity. for leveling, full prideful gear is more than enough, although the above-mentioned buff setup is fairly cheap for levelers as well

Last edited:
Indeed, PvP power is very handy with how it scales and now that the templates that restricted it are gone.
I imagine the weapons itself is almost always going to be BiS for PvP, even at level 110+ unless a nerf occurs or a artifact level of power weapon is made.
However, I imagine though if you were truly trying to get the most amount of damage, at least until 110, a mix between PvP power and primary stat socketed gear along with enchants would give the best result.

let's be honest, itll be nerfed, a 110 using an 85 weapon bc its better, thats not gonna slide for long.
I have no doubt lol. I say just enjoy it while it lasts and get the most use out of it before people catch on, then they nerf it, or they catch on anyway and just nerf it. I would be truly surprised if it didn't get nerfed.

PS: (it requires level 90 heh)

let's be honest, itll be nerfed, a 110 using an 85 weapon bc its better, thats not gonna slide for long.
The artifact weapon probably beats the Prideful weapon once it reaches i200. That's why I said 90-109.

The armor pieces are not as crazy, but they all have sockets and +6 Str/int/agi gems are cheap.

Fun things i used on my druid in Epic BGs: Cunning of the cruel. Didn't keep track of the proc rate but it's just funny to dot everything on AV.

The artifact weapon probably beats the Prideful weapon once it reaches i200. That's why I said 90-109.

The armor pieces are not as crazy, but they all have sockets and +6 Str/int/agi gems are cheap.

Fun things i used on my druid in Epic BGs: Cunning of the cruel. Didn't keep track of the proc rate but it's just funny to dot everything on AV.
I am not so sure that ilvl 200 would be better, as a 20ish % increase to damage is nothing to scoff at. Also remember the weapons themselves have stats, so you still gain some stats back. You also gain an increase in healing too, along with the damage.

upload_2018-7-25_15-34-6.png

My 110 BM hunter doing 3 million dmg in av with full prideful and + 7 pvp gems. About 46% increased damage from pvp power.

Pvp power is better than main stat at every single level. Main stat usually doesn't increase ALL of your damage. For instance agility doesn't make my pets do more damage.

Last edited:
So i should go buy the whole prideful set and what are the best pvp power gems the +6 ones?
[doublepost=1532499099,1532499042][/doublepost]
im getting dejavoo at the prideful vendor.. didnt we already do this but it was stacking set bonus’? i think 3 2 piece set or something? i have some contenders pieces in bank where the 4 piece bonus(inactive) gives 202 pvp power

Yes you are! it was in WoD when items scaled up and set bonuses were active. made the two piece contenders very helpful! Had it on all my 99s

So i should go buy the whole prideful set and what are the best pvp power gems the +6 ones?
[doublepost=1532499099,1532499042][/doublepost]

Yes you are! it was in WoD when items scaled up and set bonuses were active. made the two piece contenders very helpful! Had it on all my 99s

vendor in stormwind has 7 pvppower 1 honor each

Users who are viewing this thread