9.1.5 Changes

Chops

Soccer Dad
Gonna put together one single thread for people to log their discoveries of various things on the PTR so folks can find it and so you guys can wail/gnash your teeth/celebrate all in one place. I'll keep the main post updated as we learn new stuff and people share their discoveries.

Im not including class tuning because yall can read that in the patch notes

• Drustvar and Nazmir to become lvl 20 zones, thus GF'ing ilvl 28 greens for F2P toons (not vets). ilvl 28 Legion epics still available.
  • Steady Talasite (finally) nerfed to +1 armor / +1 stam\
  • Heirloom stats changed. Jewelry is of particular interest, esp necklaces
  • Follower Weapon/Armor upgrade tokens from garrisons now usable
  • Horde F2P are now able to que Island Expeditions. Obvious dev favoritism :Kapp:

Welp, I guess I don't need to grind ilvl28 gear anymore. As with the spirit of my F2P account, I will gladly switch back to ilvl26 gear this very instant! I am mildly saddened that vets can still get ilvl28s but, much like all the other GFed gear that has existed/still exists, we'll just have to go with the flow.

On the bright side, hopefully this means the dungeons associated with the zones are also 20, adding to what us F2Ps can queue for! Waycrest Manor and Underrot have some really cool trinkets and Waycrest even has a 2 piece set ring/trinket for Int users! It also gives access to more available gear for F2Ps with socket procs and whatnot.

Last edited:
Talasite nerfed to +1+1

Now this gives me more excuse to go glass cannon warrior

Tho may i ask why changing drustvar to 20 makes ilvl28 gfed for f2ps only?

Tho may i ask why changing drustvar to 20 makes ilvl28 gfed for f2ps only?

You could farm Drustvar/Naz on level 20s and the drops would scale based on the level of the zone and not your character. The result was ilvl 28 gear.

Now the only way to farm ilvl 28 gear is going to be on a level 24/25, which means you need an active subscription.

Last edited:
If you looted a rare in one of these zones, it appears you are unable to loot again and gear received at that time will remain at lvl 31 req lvl 25. Kinda bummed I looted that healing ring.

Did you get that healing ring from nazmir?
Yep. I took a lvl 20 twink in there just to see if we were able to use the items from rares. This was done live, probably 5 months ago. On PTR with the same toon, the ring ilvl (31) and req lvl (25) did not change and that rare did not show up as a rare. So the point I was trying to make is, if one of your toons has looted any rares in these two zones, it appears you cannot get another chance at looting those rares for ilvl appropriate gear for level.

Yep. I took a lvl 20 twink in there just to see if we were able to use the items from rares. This was done live, probably 5 months ago. On PTR with the same toon, the ring ilvl (31) and req lvl (25) did not change and that rare did not show up as a rare. So the point I was trying to make is, if one of your toons has looted any rares in these two zones, it appears you cannot get another chance at looting those rares for ilvl appropriate gear for level.
this isnt a ptr change. BFA rares have always been a one-shot at loot.

Omg that talasite nerf hurts. Switching to 2int/2vers I guess.

i would be not surprized if blizz goes the art wpns over react route concerning gems, it's possible the PVP and crafted gems be nerfed 2+2 go to 1+1. and 3 go to 2?

we have +2/2 gems that require level 36, yet +2/2 and +3 gems from the same vendor with no level req. blizz could put these out of players reach like they did BC vendor gear last year

will blizz finally catch the remaining +5/6 gems they missed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread