9.1.5 and SL World Quests

Mattdemon

Grandfathered
So with 9.1.5, we will get to run Torghast to level up. Renown will also be given for completions. Assuming our renown cap will be 40, what can we expect the SL World Quest rewards to go up to, item level wise. I honestly haven’t tested it on PTR, but if anyone else has, what have you found?

Also, I’m looking for people to trade 5 mask runs with in NA Alliance. Will be leveling an ele sham to 50 soon.

I don't think it's worth the wait. Blizzard just broke all of the reputation items for 50s twinks, because they won't give us good items about the world quest. At LvL 50 we currently get items with iLvL 84 about the world quest. Even if they raise this LvL by 10 or even 20 points, which I definitely don't think, it's almost useless to us, the journey won't end at a iLvL 105 or so.
At the moment it is not a problem to get your neck and cape above iLvL 140. iLvL 116 pieces for chest, shoulder and head are also available as a single player. Everything can be done solo. Weapon iLvL 113 and one item iLvL 111 is free when you arrive in Shadowlands. The rest is crafted stuff iLvL 100 or 93 stuff from the auction house. Now you have (like me again) an iLvL of 110 and this is already really good. This was my way 3 weeks ago when Blizzard shot my hunter from iLvL 165 to zero. Items that really improve you at this level, I would not expect this way.
-
I think there is an easier way to dress up with the patch. I'll check it out and then get in touch.

Last edited:
So with 9.1.5, we will get to run Torghast to level up. Renown will also be given for completions. Assuming our renown cap will be 40, what can we expect the SL World Quest rewards to go up to, item level wise. I honestly haven’t tested it on PTR, but if anyone else has, what have you found?

Also, I’m looking for people to trade 5 mask runs with in NA Alliance. Will be leveling an ele sham to 50 soon.

This is a legit good question, one we will know the answer to soon. I have an addon question, one that has been answered in a round about way here but not directly. Has anyone seen a WQ and or silver dragon loot increase at all at 50. It seems to me that the renown and rewards are just placeholders and do nothing for us ( are we positive we even get the STAM increase?). We will soon know once we can significantly increase the level. Has anyone had any luck nudging the WQ reward level? I wonder about the guys that farmed the rep armor nd had high ilvls, did that bump up the WQ level or did it stay at 84.

side issue, I looted Dreamsong Saber yesterday on two 50s - it now says level 60 required. I opened a ticket, GM says it is an unintended bug. It was equipable at 48 previously. I guess if you looted and equipped it previously then that ilvl 148 (or 155) pig sticker is GFed!

[rant] Blizz really is chopping off the nose the save the face restricting us (50s) like this. Some folks want to play a game where you do not have to do chorinthia every day. I hope 9.1.5 brings the changes we long for...

WQ-loot stay @ iLvL 84. @thefatgoblin went to reputation level 12 or more and got no better items. Read in the threat: "a few questions" ... Can you please tell me where you got the sword iLvL 158? In timeless instances I only got loot iLvL 54 or 57.

WQ-loot stay @ iLvL 84. @thefatgoblin went to reputation level 12 or more and got no better items. Read in the threat: "a few questions" ... Can you please tell me where you got the sword iLvL 158? In timeless instances I only got loot iLvL 54 or 57.

The sword Dreamsong Saber, is from a chest in Ardenweld (the lamp chest). I have literally seen folks (50s) with it equipped and the GM confirmed s much, now it is level 60 required. For agility users, there is another high-level sword that is still equitable (and of course those glaives are still out there also). No joy ATM for a STR weapon.

I read the post you referenced. There are numerous factors that affect the WQ item level increase, I have seen wonky results on some of my 60s. I am not unconvinced that if we can raise renown much higher that the WQ level will not increase. I also have very little real hope that it will move at all. We shall soon see.

There's people in the alliance 50 community that are doing free 5 mask carries. I myself are one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread