EU+US 860 relic doesn't seem to be obtainable.

Naxxramaskid

Everybody Hates Naxxkid
2 weeks ago somebody made a thread claiming that the 860 relic http://www.wowhead.com/item=141514/barnacled-mistcaller-orb&bonus=3466:1472 is tradable.

Well I put this theory to the test and it doesn't seem to be the case.

I made a group of 10 loot / storm relic eligible 110 players (offering 50'000 gold as a reward),killed the world boss, 2 relics dropped and neither was tradable.

Relic 1 dropped for a 925 beast mastery hunter . The hunter said that he never put any work into his mm artifact (which also requires a storm relic) and this might be the reason he can't trade the item to my warrior.

Relic 2 dropped for a 902 Fury Warrior that said he got a 910 storm relic in his weapon and therefore no idea why the 860 relic isn't tradable (arms and prot don't require storm relics).

Last edited:
I expected this would be the case. Thanks for putting it to the test. Since u are not 110 you are ineligible for the loot. Still registers as a kill, which is what triggers possible legendary drops, but those are a seperate entity.

thx for trying but i think the reason for this is simply that world boss items arent tradeable at all... at least thats what the world chat was throwing at me when I advertised for people to kill Kazzak with me in order to get a high proccing trinket...

thx for trying but i think the reason for this is simply that world boss items arent tradeable at all... at least thats what the world chat was throwing at me when I advertised for people to kill Kazzak with me in order to get a high proccing trinket...

Well that's lame.

If this is true then it's because of fucking Gold sellers back in WoD for a few weeks after Tanaan Jungle came out. They were making Level 1's and getting into Kazzak groups to loot Felblight. Blizz quickly changed it so that no Character under 100 could gain any loot from him (except the 1K Crystals since those are Currency).

I just came up with an idea and I am really unhappy, that for this week it is too late to try it for me... cant you find or buy a group to kill the world boss and change the loot settings ? group loot would be enough... if this would make looting a world boss possible you could get the relic quite easy...

however the odds are quite low here since we dont even get an official id on world bosses and we are probably completely out of the loot system...
still I would like someone to confirm if it is possible or not to get loot from a wb..

I just came up with an idea and I am really unhappy, that for this week it is too late to try it for me... cant you find or buy a group to kill the world boss and change the loot settings ? group loot would be enough... if this would make looting a world boss possible you could get the relic quite easy...

however the odds are quite low here since we dont even get an official id on world bosses and we are probably completely out of the loot system...
still I would like someone to confirm if it is possible or not to get loot from a wb..
Fairly confident that all WB's from MoP and up are Personal Loot.

Users who are viewing this thread