EU+US 80 or 85

Resto

Grandfathered
Leveling a mass majority of my 20 twinks, low level PvP is just :ResidentSleeper: now. I've done some reading and overviews on posts before I made this thread and the one question hasn't seem to been answered.

What's the difference between 80 and 85? I've heard someone say going 85 for some run. What's the damage difference? Read another post that stated 80 was not a huge gap between levelers. I clearly want to avoid that. Otherwise I wouldn't twink in it. If that's not the case, someone correct it. Been wanting a twink within this bracket since MoP. Seen all kinds of twinks in there, but so many different levels to twink at. Assuming 85 would be the way to go?

What's the dps difference?
No, I will not go 89.
What's the gear difference?
Do both scale the same?

From what I've seen and experienced with 80 and 85 I'd say 85 is the way to go. Though 80's pretty fun and does bring some neat gameplay the gap between twinks and levelers isn't that big. Obviously with the right gear you'll plow through people, but 85 definitely's better for that unbalanced stomping. Also 85 brings some more unbalanced items such as the Bone Link Fetish or Gurthalak. I'd advice you to get a taste for both though if you haven't already. With 85 you'll find yourself using a lot of gear from previous expansions though as a big part of the Cata gear is crap.

just fucking lvl new chars it takes like an hr and a half to hit 20
First off .. I maxed char count due to over whelming amount of twinks on my account. Second of all, idc to have 20s collecting dust on my acc either
[doublepost=1544738945,1544738889][/doublepost]
From what I've seen and experienced with 80 and 85 I'd say 85 is the way to go. Though 80's pretty fun and does bring some neat gameplay the gap between twinks and levelers isn't that big. Obviously with the right gear you'll plow through people, but 85 definitely's better for that unbalanced stomping. Also 85 brings some more unbalanced items such as the Bone Link Fetish or Gurthalak. I'd advice you to get a taste for both though if you haven't already. With 85 you'll find yourself using a lot of gear from previous expansions though as a big part of the Cata gear is crap.
80s use Wrath gear though?

First off .. I maxed char count due to over whelming amount of twinks on my account. Second of all, idc to have 20s collecting dust on my acc either
I have maxed chars aswell

I would just delete a twink so that it can be restored later if I feel the itch to play that bracket again. Leveling a twink, specially if its older and has some more swag pieces is a dumbass idea

80s use a mix of wotlk and TBC gear due to some weird stat scaling, and accessibility to gems (take my rogue for example).

very little difference between 80, 85, or 89. I top dmg charts on my 80 in groups with 85 and 89 twinks. ya im that cool.

80s use a lot of tbc gear which is a bit of a turn off, 85s use mostly 85 gear with the odd piece not.

I always suggest x9 levels, but when I was leveling my mage in 80-89 bgs, I met some cool ass 80 warrior weilding shadowmourne and killing shit left and right and if I had more time for leveling, I would go 80 class with Shadowmourne.

I'd suggest 80. A lot of the BIS pieces for 85 and 89 are TBC/Wrath gear.

Outside of a bg you'll have maybe 1k less hp but your secondary stats will be nicer.

One major positive for an 89 however is that you can solo the normal TBC dungeons and gear up quickly through this. Not sure if this is possible for level 80s. If time/getting boosted is difficult for you then go ahead for 89.

Geared up my enhance over half a day and it kinda stomps after the new patch.

I don't see the appeal for level 85. You don't gain any gear apart from Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps which is bis for fury warriors. You simply water down your stats. If you're going to go past level 80, just go to 89. You gain access to a sweet engineering helm.

I play with a lot of level 80s and during battlegrounds and arenas there's very little difference if any in the damage/healing/strength between twinks.

I have maxed chars aswell

I would just delete a twink so that it can be restored later if I feel the itch to play that bracket again. Leveling a twink, specially if its older and has some more swag pieces is a dumbass idea
I'm just over low level PvP now, it's too :ResidentSleeper:. Nothing like it was before. I've already leveled and deleted a mass majority of my 20s for 70s or into a 70. Ones I have now will be either leveled or deleted so I can make 80s on Illidan
[doublepost=1544809106,1544809028][/doublepost]
80s use a mix of wotlk and TBC gear due to some weird stat scaling, and accessibility to gems (take my rogue for example).

very little difference between 80, 85, or 89. I top dmg charts on my 80 in groups with 85 and 89 twinks. ya im that cool.
Going 80 then due to using older gear. Cba to run around in blues. The appearance of epics with gems are KreyGasm to my eyes
[doublepost=1544809190][/doublepost]
I'd suggest 80. A lot of the BIS pieces for 85 and 89 are TBC/Wrath gear.

Outside of a bg you'll have maybe 1k less hp but your secondary stats will be nicer.

One major positive for an 89 however is that you can solo the normal TBC dungeons and gear up quickly through this. Not sure if this is possible for level 80s. If time/getting boosted is difficult for you then go ahead for 89.

Geared up my enhance over half a day and it kinda stomps after the new patch.

I don't see the appeal for level 85. You don't gain any gear apart from Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps which is bis for fury warriors. You simply water down your stats. If you're going to go past level 80, just go to 89. You gain access to a sweet engineering helm.

I play with a lot of level 80s and during battlegrounds and arenas there's very little difference if any in the damage/healing/strength between twinks.
I like to follow traditions to expansions. So, 89 is out of the equation. Based on what everyone is stating, I'll be choosing 80. Seems appealing :)
[doublepost=1544809243][/doublepost]
80s use a lot of tbc gear which is a bit of a turn off, 85s use mostly 85 gear with the odd piece not.
80 it is. I'll probably make one 85 just for shits n giggles though. Cause why not

After seeing these funny levels in armory (88, 86, 84), I think I will level up to 87.
1. Engineering head piece and trinket requires 87+
2. There is no usefull gear after level 87 (90% of gear is 85 HC raid gear and the rest is from engineering)
3. You get a bit extra primary stat, if your level scale up in BG (this is only 2 levels, but still :D)
Also your secondary stats scale better out of BG

After seeing these funny levels in armory (88, 86, 84), I think I will level up to 87.
1. Engineering head piece and trinket requires 87+
2. There is no usefull gear after level 87 (90% of gear is 85 HC raid gear and the rest is from engineering)
3. You get a bit extra primary stat, if your level scale up in BG (this is only 2 levels, but still :D)
Also your secondary stats scale better out of BG

This is what I'm currently doing with my warlock, since doing at 87 scales better than 89. I tested at 82 (got bored of questing), in BGs my secondary stats were the same percentage (24% crit, 15% haste, etc.) when I was scaled up to 89. This should mean that using non-scaling gear (eng helm/trinket, Cata raid gear, etc.) would be weaker at 89 than 87.

Users who are viewing this thread