EU+US 80 or 85? Or is the bracket too dead to care?

There are some of us, but I would not be able to say just how active the bracket is as I just started myself. But I must say it is a great bracket if you prefer more balanced gameplay, it is way less bursty so you actually need to know your class to do well. There are no meme survival classes here (except for boomkins, those always hit hard)

There are some of us, but I would not be able to say just how active the bracket is as I just started myself. But I must say it is a great bracket if you prefer more balanced gameplay, it is way less bursty so you actually need to know your class to do well. There are no meme survival classes here (except for boomkins, those always hit hard)

Well boomy is my main so i hope i wont be seen as just a cheeser. But i played in the past and there was always a war between 80 and 85. I'd love to be a boomy with http://www.wowhead.com/item=71086/dragonwrath-tarecgosas-rest but would hate to be excluded from most - if any - events due to the bracket leaning more towards 80s.

Well boomy is my main so i hope i wont be seen as just a cheeser. But i played in the past and there was always a war between 80 and 85. I'd love to be a boomy with http://www.wowhead.com/item=71086/dragonwrath-tarecgosas-rest but would hate to be excluded from most - if any - events due to the bracket leaning more towards 80s.
My bad, I should have specified that I was referring to PvP. No idea about how PvE is doing on this bracket.

It’s been a quiet bracket for years. I came across one guild on a role playing server a couple years back but they took there gear restrictions too seriously. If you were caught even on random inspection wearing something above the content you were in, you were kicked.

It was at its peak in MoP. Died in WOD
[doublepost=1532972361,1532972217][/doublepost]I think the MoP blues are actually what played a big hand in killing the bracket

Getting runs through firelands and dragon soul for trinkets and filling in odds and ends is pretty easy as well. Those raids are also short so gearing for 85 can be very quick
[doublepost=1532978586,1532977778][/doublepost]

I’m working on getting that staff now. What can I expect after I get all my fire embers?

85 is active again, atleast the battlegrounds, seen a few twinks here and there. Dragonwrath's proc doesn't seem to be working at the moment but other legendaries like shadowmourne and val'anr do.

The estimated queuetime for 80-89 battlegrounds is ~7minutes with well over the half team on both sides untwinked, meaning no competition and a fast HK farm.

I think I’ll also look into making an 85. I want it to be an allied race though and I’m late on that rep grind, so it’ll probably be another week or so :(

Edit- and then of course leveling it.

Any classes/specs stick out as good or bad compared to others?

Any classes/specs stick out as good or bad compared to others?
For DD I'd personally play a Rogue, Hunter or a Moonkin. As for healers Disc and restoration druid. Rets may be insane with Hammer of Wrath spam with Avenging Wrath but I haven't seen any in any of my bgs so far.

Kept my 85 pally from cata with full pvp gear / head enchant, now he is useful and not just a banker

Users who are viewing this thread