EU 8.1 thoughts?

Remique

Legend
do you like the changes made to your class? Any other observations?

Personally monks got an overall dmg buff, got some new nice PvP traits, lost an instant viviify which was op and got swapped for a shitty heal that also damages. Karma got reworked with a talent but it replaces ring of peace if taken and RoP is just too much fun to pass up on

Everyone also lost hp so it might be worth getting some stam

Enh shaman got a small nerf when they merged the 2 proc lightning talents on stormstrike into 1. That is however offset by freeing a talent slot for counterstrike totem (lol) or +50% on your selfheals, double (20% --> 40%) the Landslide talent chance (+100% stormstrike dmg), and lower base cooldowns on stormstrike and the overcharge talents. Oh, and also a flat 5% dmg buff. Overall I'd say enh shamans got decently buffed.

It looks like ele shamans got nice buffs too, but I haven't played as one in years so... That lightning lasso can be crazy if not interrupted.

Enh shaman got a small nerf when they merged the 2 proc lightning talents on stormstrike into 1. That is however offset by freeing a talent slot for counterstrike totem (lol) or +50% on your selfheals, double (20% --> 40%) the Landslide talent chance (+100% stormstrike dmg), and lower base cooldowns on stormstrike and the overcharge talents. Oh, and also a flat 5% dmg buff. Overall I'd say enh shamans got decently buffed.

It looks like ele shamans got nice buffs too, but I haven't played as one in years so... That lightning lasso can be crazy if not interrupted.

Jheez enh was already really scary. Can you get lasso at 70? Saw some vids of it at endgame and it’s actually retarded how op it is lol

Jheez enh was already really scary. Can you get lasso at 70? Saw some vids of it at endgame and it’s actually retarded how op it is lol
You can definitely get it at 79, just tested. I'm pretty sure it's also available to 70s, wowhead says it requires lvl 5.

48% HP hit on a 30 sec cooldown.... if you dont have a trinket or someone interrupts the shaman, you're toast. BRB farming ele gear.

enh gained a pretty nice buff after all is said and done, and ele also got a little better. in pve theyre both still definitely top tier.

enh gained a pretty nice buff after all is said and done, and ele also got a little better. in pve theyre both still definitely top tier.

Even prepatch id get 3 hit by non twink enh, now they’ve got buffed and our hp lowered it’s a bit of a joke haha.
Vs ranged such as hunters/mages I seem to die before I can even get close even as a monk but melee get slapped now cause of lower hp pools. Time to get some more stam somehow

Hp changes sound pretty dire. What kinda hp pools are you seeing in ipvp now? (I'm on a wow break atm)

My 79s, unbuffed:

enh shaman - 8.1k. Uses 1 Sonic booster, but 1 weapon has no stamina.
warrior - 7.8k as arms, 8.4k as fury. no stamina items.
mage - 7.9k. no stamina items.
hunter - 7.9k with tenacity pet, 7.5k without. no stamina items.
mistweaver in progress - 9.4k. Uses 1 stamina trinket (defending champion). This is the only char with stamina gems. 8 of the gems are NOT int/stam yet. I imagine he'll break 10k selfbuffed with all 5 int/6stam gems if I want to use them all.

All in all I would say everyone lost about 1k-1.3k HP, with the exception of dps DKs (who gained a 15% increased stamina passive which offsets this).

My 79s, unbuffed:

enh shaman - 8.1k. Uses 1 Sonic booster, but 1 weapon has no stamina.
warrior - 7.8k as arms, 8.4k as fury. no stamina items.
mage - 7.9k. no stamina items.
hunter - 7.9k with tenacity pet, 7.5k without. no stamina items.
mistweaver in progress - 9.4k. Uses 1 stamina trinket (defending champion). This is the only char with stamina gems. 8 of the gems are NOT int/stam yet. I imagine he'll break 10k selfbuffed with all 5 int/6stam gems if I want to use them all.

All in all I would say everyone lost about 1k-1.3k HP, with the exception of dps DKs (who gained a 15% increased stamina passive which offsets this).

Very interesting, thanks for the info. Are you finding your enhance burst higher now, or similar to before? Curious how hard i'm gonna be pounded when I return on my hunter hehe. Really looking forward to trying new MM as well. Old MM was fun but felt a little too turrety/glass.

Very interesting, thanks for the info. Are you finding your enhance burst higher now, or similar to before? Curious how hard i'm gonna be pounded when I return on my hunter hehe. Really looking forward to trying new MM as well. Old MM was fun but felt a little too turrety/glass.

I would say my burst is about the same as before. 1v1 it's maybe a bit less in raw numbers due to the merging of the 2 honor talents, and overall dmg done is lower for the same reason (but that was always meter padding damage in massive battles, really). The real advantage comes from everyone having less HP, which translates to a buff for any burst class, and being able to take the 50% more selfheal talent, which is an amazing buff to my survivability.

Overall I feel stronger than before, and more rounded, less glass cannony.

Users who are viewing this thread