79 Warrior BIS?

Estufa101

Grandfathered
I'm curious if anyone has an idea of what BIS would be? Is it a mix of ilvl 99 gem slot gear or would attempting to stack mastery via cata gear plus timewalking events be superior?

great proc chance
upload_2018-10-16_14-9-52.png

2% is a high proc chance alright dude thanks for the great insight.

I just checked with simcraft and on a patchwerk pve fight it'll have 50% uptime for a frost dk. So at best you're getting 40 strength out of it on average. And that's patchwerk. For the fastest strength spec. I don't believe you at all when you claim it has great uptime in PvP for Warrior.
[doublepost=1539697486,1539697320][/doublepost]Go try it out for yourself if you know how to.

,equip=procby/attack_80str_15dur_0cd_2%

2% is a high proc chance alright dude thanks for the great insight.

I just checked with simcraft and on a patchwerk pve fight it'll have 50% uptime for a frost dk. So at best you're getting 40 strength out of it on average. And that's patchwerk. For the fastest strength spec. I don't believe you at all when you claim it has great uptime in PvP for Warrior.
[doublepost=1539697486,1539697320][/doublepost]Go try it out for yourself if you know how to.

,equip=procby/attack_80str_15dur_0cd_2%
50% uptime on a frost dk, and you believe it doesn't have a high uptime? lol, let your math speak for itself. Frost dk isn't near is good as fury warrior. Stop trying to belittle people, and go ahead and farm some mythic +s

50% uptime on a frost dk, and you believe it doesn't have a high uptime? lol, let your math speak for itself.
Are you serious right now or just pretending to be stupid?

We're talking about uptime. Not about how good or bad a spec is by itself. Frost DK is a perfect template to simulate a best case scenario for that set bonus. In that best case, the set has a 50% uptime for a patchwerk fight. You don't get that kind of uptime in PvP. To only look at the percentage and immediately conclude that it therefor must be good (which it's not) is completely misusing the data.

You've proven to be completely clueless when it comes to these things many times over by now, so I'm baffled that you still get all up in arms whenever I call you out on your bullshit.

Are you serious right now or just pretending to be stupid?

We're talking about uptime. Not about how good or bad a spec is by itself. Frost DK is a perfect template to simulate a best case scenario for that set bonus. In that best case, the set has a 50% uptime for a patchwerk fight. You don't get that kind of uptime in PvP. To only look at the percentage and immediately conclude that it therefor must be good (which it's not) is completely misusing the data.

You've proven to be completely clueless when it comes to these things many times over by now, so I'm baffled that you still get all up in arms whenever I call you out on your bullshit.
In a bg, which is what’s at stake here since he’s talking about 79. You almost always get that sort of uptime as a warrior. Since you should be team fighting religiously. A frost dk doesn’t have near as many auto attacks or attacks in general as a warrior. Regardless of the percentage on top of that. The scaleing on these pieces at 79 exceeds sunwell plate in multiple ways including base stats and item level. So an 80 str proc at 2% on a team fighting machine on gear better than bis sunwell pieces. Not only makes it flat out bis for a 79 warrior, but potentially bis for a 70 warrior. Notice nowhere I said that it was 100% bis and my word is law. I’m talking from the experience of using it and in no way shape or form ever brought up the specifics of It. I told from experience, you talk from behind a screen. Keep in mind you haven’t tested any of this and you simmed it As a frost dk and expect me to bow down to you. Post any data you want all day and I’m still going to say that this set in bgs has outperformed the other pieces in question for me in real scenarios. And like I said this is for 79 in which the scaling on the items alone outweighs 70 bis. Go back to whatever you’re doing, nowhere at all did I say what I said as fact.

You almost always get that sort of uptime as a warrior. Since you should be team fighting religiously. A frost dk doesn’t have near as many auto attacks or attacks in general as a warrior.
Are you fucking serious right now? Do you even know how Frost DK functions or are you actually completely clueless?

Frost DKs have a way faster autoattack speed than either Warrior spec, and they have many extra sources of damage (DoTs, Remorseless winter, damage procs on autoattacks) that also proc this set, which Warriors do not have to nearly the same extent. Using Frost DK to see the best-case for this set bonus is the only sensible thing.

The scaleing on these pieces at 79 exceeds sunwell plate in multiple ways including base stats and item level. So an 80 str proc at 2% on a team fighting machine on gear better than bis sunwell pieces. Not only makes it flat out bis for a 79 warrior
This could very well be the case. Where are your numbers to prove it?

but potentially bis for a 70 warrior. Notice nowhere I said that it was 100% bis and my word is law. I’m talking from the experience of using it and in no way shape or form ever brought up the specifics of It.
Yeah, that's very convenient for you. Never talk about specifics or data, only say "Well I use it and it feels alright so it could be BiS"

So when someone comes along and provides actual data, rather than saying "oh, that's interesting. I'll check that out as well" (or w/e you want), you dismiss it and say "bu-but this is lvl79 and I never said it's BiS for 70!" (flashbacks to the thread where glaives and this set were argued for on lvl70s)

you talk from behind a screen.
I'd hope so, how else would I log into WoW to see if simcraft isn't being dumb as it sometimes is?
Keep in mind you haven’t tested any of this and you simmed it As a frost dk and expect me to bow down to you. Post any data you want all day and I’m still going to say that this set in bgs has outperformed the other pieces in question for me in real scenarios.
So what you're saying is... you don't care what data is provided, you'll use your items regardless because you'd hate to be wrong?
I remember many times back in Legion as well where you (and others) suggested completely garbage items and were disproven, you have not proven your merit whatsoever when it comes to finding the best gear.

nowhere at all did I say what I said as fact.
And I'm providing facts. Your opinion doesn't matter in the face of facts. I could turn the Frost DK sim (which I'm using because it's readily available and makes sense) into a Fury Warrior sim (because I also have a Warrior at 70, SHOCKER), would that suddenly change your perspective on the data? I'd like to think so but chances are the answer is "no". (because it would have even lower uptime on a patchwerk fight and in turn EVEN LOWER UPTIME in PvP)
[doublepost=1539713696,1539713526][/doublepost]
You almost always get that sort of uptime as a warrior. Since you should be team fighting religiously.
And I forgot this gem.

You're actually trying to say that PvP is similar to a patchwerk fight. I don't even know what to say to that tbh. I guess nobody ever uses CC in your BGs. Nobody ever kites. Everyone just stands there and tanks a Warrior 100% of the BG. That's definitely how PvP goes.

Are you fucking serious right now? Do you even know how Frost DK functions or are you actually completely clueless?

Frost DKs have a way faster autoattack speed than either Warrior spec, and they have many extra sources of damage (DoTs, Remorseless winter, damage procs on autoattacks) that also proc this set, which Warriors do not have to nearly the same extent. Using Frost DK to see the best-case for this set bonus is the only sensible thing.

This could very well be the case. Where are your numbers to prove it?

Yeah, that's very convenient for you. Never talk about specifics or data, only say "Well I use it and it feels alright so it could be BiS"

So when someone comes along and provides actual data, rather than saying "oh, that's interesting. I'll check that out as well" (or w/e you want), you dismiss it and say "bu-but this is lvl79 and I never said it's BiS for 70!" (flashbacks to the thread where glaives and this set were argued for on lvl70s)

I'd hope so, how else would I log into WoW to see if simcraft isn't being dumb as it sometimes is?

So what you're saying is... you don't care what data is provided, you'll use your items regardless because you'd hate to be wrong?
I remember many times back in Legion as well where you (and others) suggested completely garbage items and were disproven, you have not proven your merit whatsoever when it comes to finding the best gear.

And I'm providing facts. Your opinion doesn't matter in the face of facts. I could turn the Frost DK sim (which I'm using because it's readily available and makes sense) into a Fury Warrior sim (because I also have a Warrior at 70, SHOCKER), would that suddenly change your perspective on the data? I'd like to think so but chances are the answer is "no". (because it would have even lower uptime on a patchwerk fight and in turn EVEN LOWER UPTIME in PvP)
[doublepost=1539713696,1539713526][/doublepost]
And I forgot this gem.

You're actually trying to say that PvP is similar to a patchwerk fight. I don't even know what to say to that tbh. I guess nobody ever uses CC in your BGs. Nobody ever kites. Everyone just stands there and tanks a Warrior 100% of the BG. That's definitely how PvP goes.
He asked how good the set is. I prefer to provide how the items in question actually perform instead of giving somebody numbers not many will pay attention too. I never said you were wrong about anything, you just came after me like you always do and picked a fight out of nothing, I never claimed glaives or it to be bis, just that I thought it could be and that I use it and that’s my experience. You do what you want but I’m sick and tired of you coming in and caring more about derailing threads and shitting on people’s opinions over helping someone.

So you make a big wall of text with tons of bad arguments, I decide to respond and write out what's wrong with those arguments in a decently formatted way, and you proceed to ignore the whole thing.

Cool.

I’m sick and tired of you coming in and caring more about derailing threads and shitting on people’s opinions over helping someone.
The reality is that I'm coming in and telling people when they're wrong about things. And I -(almost?) always- provide data to prove that they are. Very little in this game should be based on opinion. If everyone based things on opinions, people would be running in some real garbage gear. Which I'm sure most people do anyway, but the few that read these forums can at least try to stay away from gear like that.

So you make a big wall of text with tons of bad arguments, I decide to respond and write out what's wrong with those arguments in a decently formatted way, and you proceed to ignore the whole thing.

Cool.

The reality is that I'm coming in and telling people when they're wrong about things. And I -(almost?) always- provide data to prove that they are. Very little in this game should be based on opinion. If everyone based things on opinions, people would be running in some real garbage gear. Which I'm sure most people do anyway, but the few that read these forums can at least try to stay away from gear like that.
You’re not proving anything wrong, you can’t prove my bg results or opinions wrong lmao. All you are doing is trying to pick a fight. Nowhere did I say they were bis and I was right. You just always want to argue and complain about anybody’s opinion because it’s not showing the 2% proc vs me having 42% uptime in a bg on my fury warrior. Unlike you I prefer to see bg results and actual performances of the items in question. I do not think it is that serious for you to cry wolf over opinions and call people bad because hey don’t provide facts on something they had no intention on making a fact. Lmao

Nowhere did I say they were bis and I was right.
Everywhere you go you talk about how you think something's really good or how you think it could be BiS.

Then when someone tells you that it doesn't look like it is, you say ''I didn't say it was, I just gave my opinion!'' and that's all you seem to ever do. I've never, ever, seen you provide any actual data for anything, even when it was raiding that was being talked about.

Point being: why do you bother with these posts if you're not prepared to actually prove the things you say? If all you want is to walk around in gear that has cool effects, then do so but don't proclaim it as good? Put them in the armoury thread, loads of people with bad gear there but they don't care, that's how they wanted their character to be. Nothing wrong with that.

I didn't mean to start anything here. Was just simply trying to bring up alternative gear options I've been seeing. Trying to add to the whole theory crafting discussion.

Also, IMO, BiS is going to depend on the situation anyway. I don't believe we have said what we're doing yet. Is this Arena? Premade vs Premade? Dueling? BGs? And if so which BG? What is the comps?

In pugs, shit, as long as you show up with enchants on your gear you're already a step ahead of most people that queue.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to start anything here. Was just simply trying to bring up alternative gear options I've been seeing. Trying to add to the whole theory crafting discussion.

Also, IMO, BiS is going to depend on the situation anyway. I don't believe we have said what we're doing yet. Is this Arena? Premade vs Premade? BGs? And if so which BG? What is the comps?

In pugs, shit, as long as you show up with enchants on your gear you're already a step ahead of most people that queue.
Random BGs you can wear anything you like and you'll probably do fine, yeah.

I imagine good players could show up naked and still win when it comes to those. That's why discussing gear for random BGs (or skirmishes for that matter) is pretty pointless. Because it doesn't matter.

It only matters for premade vs premade, both in arena and in bgs, so that's logically the only thing to discuss.

Everywhere you go you talk about how you think something's really good or how you think it could be BiS.

Then when someone tells you that it doesn't look like it is, you say ''I didn't say it was, I just gave my opinion!'' and that's all you seem to ever do. I've never, ever, seen you provide any actual data for anything, even when it was raiding that was being talked about.

Point being: why do you bother with these posts if you're not prepared to actually prove the things you say? If all you want is to walk around in gear that has cool effects, then do so but don't proclaim it as good? Put them in the armoury thread, loads of people with bad gear there but they don't care, that's how they wanted their character to be. Nothing wrong with that.
You’re acting as if that’s a bad thing to always provide opinion and never a fact? If I claimed what I said to be fact then there would be a problem? The armory thread is for all 70s I removed the bis tag for the reason that it has not been discussed yet. And regardless of if doomplate was worse or not I am showing people that I have yet to see a set outperform it in an actually setting I have used it in, never that I’m dead wrong. So if you want to go ahead and post something better, I never once argued there wasnt. Mr salt shaker.

Also, IMO, BiS is going to depend on the situation anyway. I don't believe we have said what we're doing yet. Is this Arena? Premade vs Premade? BGs? And if so which BG? What is the comps?

i also see a ton of 79s using this armor, and “in the bgs I have done countless times” my warrior does more dps in team fights and even 1v1s with the doomplate 4 set then with other pieces of gear. Let me rephrase for mr #metoo over here “the set performs well, never claimed to be bis by berryy”. Sorry for the thread getting off on a tangent but this is the only gear I see 79 dks or warriors using, since it’s scaleing allows its stats to scale higher than sunwell gear

Users who are viewing this thread