US 79 Twink Help Please

Aily77

Veteran
I have searched the threads for gear, gems and chants. Thank you for all your help everyone. However I am not finding any on stats. Like Crit and Haste etc. I man a 79 Mistweaver. My husband has a 79 Balance Druid. If someone could tell me where we need our stats to be at please. We have only be doing this maybe for a week and have never twinkled a toon before. This is a totally new world and we are loving it.

Also for a 29 Disc and 29 MM Hunter. Which we are thinking of taking them to 79 also.
Thank everyone in advance. Also we only PVP on these toons.

you can take cue from
www.icy-veins.com or
www.noxxic.com or
www.wowhead.com

eg. if i am using a MV, i would google "mistweaver stat priority" and all will come up .. but exactly how much to allocate to each stat will be up to you, from your hours and hours of game play you will know how to balance each stat

but sometimes your playstyle is different from most players, which these sites are suggesting, you do not need to 100% believe or rely on them .. thats after you know your character very well, but for a start, suggestions from these sites works for most players

the stats here are for endgame players ie. lvl120, you need to make slight adjustments, eg. mastery is a stat not available till you hit 80

Welcome to the community.
Could you tell us the stat priority you & your husband are looking for?
(IE: Intellect > Stamina > Versatility > Critical > Haste > mastery)

For Mistweaver I personally would prioritize: Intellect > Versatility > Stamina > Mastery
For Balance I personally would prioritize: Intellect > Versatility > Critical > Mastery

I have searched the threads for gear, gems and chants.

As far as gems go, you want to purchase potent-ornate-topaz for 1 item=137642 from the PVP vendors in Stormwind City or Orgrimmar.
(better gems can be farmed from TBC heroics)

I do not play 79 myself, so I am not too farmiliar with the "BIS" items, but here is a great starter setup that can work for the both of you.
(Everything is from either TBC dungeons or jewelcrafting)

[x] = Item
[x] = Source
[x] = Enchant

Helmet: raven-heart-headdress (Auchenai Crypts)
Neck: blood-sun-necklace (Jewelcrafting) (enchant neck - mark of the hidden satyr enchant)
Shoulder: moonglade-shoulders (The Steamvault) (master's inscription of the crag)
Cloak: cloak-of-the-betrayed (Magister's terrace) (enchant cloak - intellect)
Chest: moonglade-robe (The Mechanar) (Enchant chest - glorious stats)
Bracer: eversong-cuffs (Magister's terrace) (enchant bracer - greater stats)

Gloves: starlight-gauntlets (The Underbog) (enchant gloves - major spellpower)
Belt: liars-cord (The Slave Pens)
Legs: moonchild-leggings (Blood Furnace) (azure spellthread)
Boots: boots-of-resuscitation (Magister's terrace) (enchant boots - minor speed)

Rings: ring-of-northern-tears (Jewelcrafting) / kharmaas-ring-of-fate (Magister's terrace) (enchant ring - pact of mastery)
Trinkets: quagmirrans-eye (The Slave Pens) /
Weapons: hrod-of-the-blazing-light (Magister's terrace) (enchant weapon - healing power)

Like I said, this is just a starter guide. I am sure there are better items out there.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
does mastery works for lvl79 ?

Mastery is a level 78+ stat.
With the exception of elemental shamans, who I believe obtain mastery at level 29.

Blackberry posted a bis list on the 70 to 79 page.the gear is mostly time walking tbc content if that helps it took me a while to find it.

I mostly agree with the advice given already. Keep in mind that there are 5 int/4 versa gems available from Old Hillsbrad and Blood Furnace heroics. See the stickied gems/enchants page for more info. There's also int/haste gems, and as a caster you will want one nightmare tear (6 all stats) and 1 7 int gem (hellfire peninsula pvp vendor).

The gear you want will come from normal TBC and WotLK dungeons, not heroics (other than gems). Your boomkin may want the exalted Scale of Sands ring, and get 2 pieces of the dungeon set for the crit bonus. Note that come 8.1.5 any epic item obtained from dungeons will get a sizeable ilvl bump, so especially for your necklace and belt you will want to use the ToC items. They're all listed in my gearing guide in my sig.

edit: if you have the money and can find them on the AH, both of you should get an ilvl 100 version of the Charlotte's Ivy/Lola's Eve neck/ring set. It would be BiS for both of you.

GL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread