EU+US 70's Tournament Gear Compendium [Deprecated]

Fx

Unnecessarily Rude
General Information:
This thread is meant to help tournament participants in setting up their characters, and tournament organisors can refer to this compendium if they wish to use the standardized gear.

A few quick pointers:
- All of the items come from vendors, with the sole exception of the shoulder slot for Windwalker Monks.
- If an item has "NO ENCHANT" listed, you are not allowed to put enchants on that particular item.*

* This is mainly to be used as a tool for nerfing some of the overpowered / stronger specs.

Index:
Post #1: MagePriestWarlock
Post #2: Death KnightHunterPaladinShamanWarrior
Post #3: DruidMonkRogue

Mage(All Specs):

Priest(Disc/Holy):

Priest(Shadow):

Warlock(Affliction):

Warlock(Demonology/Destruction):

Last edited:
Death Knight(All Specs)

Hunter(All Specs)

Paladin(Holy)

Paladin(Retribution/Protection)

Shaman(Elemental/Restoration)

Shaman(Enhancement)

Warrior(All Specs)

Last edited by a moderator:
Druid(Restoration/Balance)

Druid(Feral/Guardian)

Monk(Mistweaver)

Monk(Windwalker/Brewmaster)
Head:
Mask of the Deceiver
Neck:
Guardian's Pendant of Triumph
Shoulders:
Sun-Gilded Shouldercaps
NO ENCHANT
- This item is not bought from a vendor. It is a loot drop from the first boss in Caverns of Time: The Black Morass. It can be farmed on Normal mode and has a reasonably high chance to drop (15%).

Back:
The Gladiator's Resolution
Chest:
Embrace of Everlasting Prowess
Wrists:
Guardian's Dragonhide Bracers
Hands:
Handwraps of the Aggressor
Waist:
Guardian's Dragonhide Belt
Legs:
Tameless Breeches
Feet:
Guardian's Dragonhide Boots
Rings(Windwalker):
Guardian's Band of Triumph - NO ENCHANT
Angelista's Revenge - NO ENCHANT
Rings(Brewmaster):
Guardian's Band of Triumph
Angelista's Revenge

Trinkets:
Battlemaster's Determination
Bloodlust Brooch
Medallion of the Alliance
Weapons:
Main Hand(Dual Wield):
Brutal Gladiator's Slicer
Off-hand(Dual Wield):
Brutal Gladiator's Slicer

Main Hand(2-Handed)
Brutal Gladiator's Painsaw

Rogue(All Specs)

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=18337]Valencia[/MENTION] Requesting sticky, we're going to be using these templates for all future tournaments

Yup.

Keep up the tournaments / events you guys, the consistency is admirable.

Looking for feedback from players:

Would you rather have everything pre-determined like the current list, or do you think freedom in gems/enchants should be allowed?

The idea behind having everything determined beforehand is that gear plays as little a role as possible, while also giving some specs a bit more optimal stats so they are effectively ''buffed'' compared to the already strong specs. Allowing everyone to pick their own gems/enchants would bring variety, at the cost of a little bit of balance.

Thoughts?

In the process of updating the thread according to the latest poll results. The gear will remain the same, while enchants/gems can be freely picked from now on. There will still be items marked with -NO ENCHANT-, which still means you are not allowed to enchant that specific piece.

What a waste of time typing all that above. Twinking isn't about limiting to gear. It also isn't limiting to class. No one Twink to the max only to be told u can't use certain items and enchants and what not. Beside 70 is long dead. Skirmishing Is shit. If a bracket that can't even get BGs to pop without the help of organize groups than Let it die. People that play 70 original wanted EZ glad mounts and titles with achievement. I myself play to kill lesser gear toons just like everyone else. If u say anything otherwise u r just lying to urself. Maybe the gear design.

What a waste of time typing all that above. Twinking isn't about limiting to gear. It also isn't limiting to class. No one Twink to the max only to be told u can't use certain items and enchants and what not. Beside 70 is long dead. Skirmishing Is shit. If a bracket that can't even get BGs to pop without the help of organize groups than Let it die. People that play 70 original wanted EZ glad mounts and titles with achievement. I myself play to kill lesser gear toons just like everyone else. If u say anything otherwise u r just lying to urself. Maybe the gear design.

Hey man thanks for your opinion but it is a pretty stupid opinion so I'm going to ignore it.

List is now up-to-date according to the latest Poll. Reminder that if you already had a full set of gear according to the previous version, you don't necessarily have to change anything at all, unless you dislike certain gems or enchants of course!

Why do mad US players always come into this subforum and scream that the bracket is dead lol. On EU it's fine and there are nice competitive games between people who all have nice gear :)

Users who are viewing this thread