70s in BfA

@Shinela the 8.0.1 PTR is out now and seems to be more feature complete than the beta. Perhaps you should continue your testing there, since the pre-patch is basically the expansion launch for twinks anyway.

I have tested the instanced PvE ilvl boost on the prepatch (8.0.1) PTR in heroic dungeons and in raids.
The ilvl boost has either been removed or hasn't been adjusted to the new squished ilvl numbers, meaning you still need 115+ to get a bonus, which now seems impossible to reach on a level 70 character.

Side note to anyone else doing PTR tests: it seems like you need a 110 character in your group to enter instances first in order to get into heroics and raids. Otherwise you'll get "instance not found" error.

This is potentially huge news as the PTR is only (probably) 3-4 weeks away from the time of this post, meaning it's somewhat unlikely we'll see more changes.

Tagging some level 70 pve guys: @Fx @Shinela @Blackberryy @Chey @Awze @Zoke

I have tested the instanced PvE ilvl boost on the prepatch (8.0.1) PTR in heroic dungeons and in raids.
The ilvl boost has either been removed or hasn't been adjusted to the new squished ilvl numbers, meaning you still need 115+ to get a bonus, which now seems impossible to reach on a level 70 character.

Side note to anyone else doing PTR tests: it seems like you need a 110 character in your group to enter instances first in order to get into heroics and raids. Otherwise you'll get "instance not found" error.

This is potentially huge news as the PTR is only (probably) 3-4 weeks away from the time of this post, meaning it's somewhat unlikely we'll see more changes.

Tagging some level 70 pve guys: @Fx @Shinela @Blackberryy @Chey @Awze @Zoke
Do you think it may have to be just be a coding error for there new legacy loot mode?

Wonder if it is possible to enter ICC using this method?
*as 70

Also I believe you are correct in saying the 115ilvl threshold still currently stands, the question is will they adapt to reflect the new ilvls of players?

I can confirm that brm is worst tank in all twink brackets. That is because they don't have nearly as much armor as other tanks, and atm they require all abilities and traits to work

It's a shame, but they'll probably give them some early game buff at some point. Numbers will change drastically all the time, and as far as I know they're still busy updating several classes and changing them entirely. Maybe monk is still in queue?

It's a shame, but they'll probably give them some early game buff at some point. Numbers will change drastically all the time, and as far as I know they're still busy updating several classes and changing them entirely. Maybe monk is still in queue?
well brm has changed on max lvl but as low lvl it lacks so many abilities and talents that are huge tor gameplay so I don't see it working well in near future :/ ww it really good dps or it used to be as a low lvl though and mw is insane healer if you know what to do

(@Dreams Watch your DPS >:c )
Don't worry:

hwvkcCM.png

Jokes aside frost mages still look like a top tier pick in PvE on the PTR right now.

It’s nice to see that alternative specs maybe making a come back to the forefront of 70 raiding. Ele shaman looks really strong, along with sub rogue, assassin still looking like a clear pick sadly, but not as much of a gap. Feral seems a lot more fluid than it did in legion, and balence seems like a good spec. All subject to change of course based on number crunching but we’ll see. I’m overjoyed at the tool kit our 70s get now and the unpruning done in some cases and the pvp looks like a fresh start back to twinking pvp

Ele shaman looks really strong

Copied my not so well geared 70 Ele over and expecting was the worse, but I was pleasantly surprised. Changed my rotation round a bit to use Frost Shock more often as it no longer uses Malestrom, so can still build big Earth Shocks @ 80+ Malestrom.

I'll get it's gear up to standard in the next couple of weeks and re-copy it, I prefer a haste build but I'm not sure that's the most efficient, crit or versa maybe better for dps?

Copied my not so well geared 70 Ele over and expecting was the worse, but I was pleasantly surprised. Changed my rotation round a bit to use Frost Shock more often as it no longer uses Malestrom, so can still build big Earth Shocks @ 80+ Malestrom.

I'll get it's gear up to standard in the next couple of weeks and re-copy it, I prefer a haste build but I'm not sure that's the most efficient, crit or versa maybe better for dps?

I wouldn't choose stats just yet until live. Right now a lot in terms of numbers are still off, and it's possible that right now some stats weigh out better for you on the PTR compared to what they will once it hits live. Right now, I'd choose purely for the playstyle alone.

Though I'd go for crit at this point if I were to play ele now :p

I agree with shinela, but if I had to cheat a bit and put my input in. I’d suggest getting the mastery ring re rolls from the bg crates and gemming full crit/haste gems like my shaman cough cough. Since ele shamans benefit from mastery on the ptr and beta, crit for extra damage and haste for cast spam

Users who are viewing this thread