70 PvP (Retired Vet)

Real_Phooji

Veteran
Hi! I used to play quite a bit on my 70 rogue way back in wotlk days. I raided with BC originally on Laughing Skull, before I transferring to Illidan Horde. I geared myself to the teeth and mainly pvpd in battlegrounds and skirmishes. I eventually transferred to Kel'Thuzad Alliance to join Not Safe For Work, where I competed heavily in rated battlegrounds and arenas. I stopped playing because I didn't enjoy my maxed rogue and pvp on my 70 rogue was non existant with arena/bgs not being viable. Im curious how the pvp scene for 70 twinks is doing! I miss my rogue very much! I cant link an armory due to being a new forum account but my name is still Phooji Alliance on Kel'Thuzad

Battlegrounds pop on avg 5-7 minutes. I’m not sure if it’s just me but I’m always in twin peaks or that one with the carts. I saw arathi basin once in the last 2 months. I’ve enjoyed it, but with stat templates going away in a couple weeks I’m eager to enjoy it even more

Battlegrounds pop on avg 5-7 minutes. I’m not sure if it’s just me but I’m always in twin peaks or that one with the carts. I saw arathi basin once in the last 2 months. I’ve enjoyed it, but with stat templates going away in a couple weeks I’m eager to enjoy it even more

How is the 70-79 bracket as a level 70? I'm worried level 79's would roll through me. Could you explain more about stat templates and what that means for level 70s? Sorry i've been inactive for too long!

How is the 70-79 bracket as a level 70? I'm worried level 79's would roll through me. Could you explain more about stat templates and what that means for level 70s? Sorry i've been inactive for too long!
Right now everyone has pre-assigned stats based on class/spec because of these awful templates. So for example, my 70 paladin nearly 800 strength in instances/open world content. In battlegrounds it’s barely over 300.

It was done to make things “fair” but it took the fun out of gearing for pvp. When you que in, your level 79 regardless of your actual level. Everyone is 79 with pre determined stats. A good pvp player will still wreck house but it’s rare to get a one man army
[doublepost=1530897820,1530897762][/doublepost]
Right now everyone has pre-assigned stats based on class/spec because of these awful templates. So for example, my 70 paladin nearly 800 strength in instances/open world content. In battlegrounds it’s barely over 300.

It was done to make things “fair” but it took the fun out of gearing for pvp. When you que in, your level 79 regardless of your actual level. Everyone is 79 with pre determined stats. A good pvp player will still wreck house but it’s rare to get a one man army
This changes in 2 weeks

The main difference is mastery as every class unlocks it at 78; other than that it’s rather balanced. Some classes have other abilities that unlock between 70 and 79 but I couldn’t tell you which. Queue times are only really good during peak hours as well; if you’re playing at random times I wouldn’t expect a queue to pop (just like mop lol). Overall really fun bracket but yeah the BG selection is odd, my advice would be blacklist some of them for variety but this increases queue times.

The main difference is mastery as every class unlocks it at 78; other than that it’s rather balanced. Some classes have other abilities that unlock between 70 and 79 but I couldn’t tell you which. Queue times are only really good during peak hours as well; if you’re playing at random times I wouldn’t expect a queue to pop (just like mop lol). Overall really fun bracket but yeah the BG selection is odd, my advice would be blacklist some of them for variety but this increases queue times.
Oh good it’s not just me! I almost forgot AB even existed untill last night

[doublepost=1530897820,1530897762][/doublepost]
This changes in 2 weeks

I see, that's a great explanation thank you! I agree maxing out your gear for PvP should be worth the hassle! I remember leveling engineering 8 times as a gnome in Cataclysm for Synapses Springs and the Rocket glove enchant! Ugh the GP sink!

I remember Mastery just making an appearance when I called it quits, never geared properly for it! I'm highly considering getting a new gaming PC just to play my rogue again lol.

Also 78+ can gear from cata dungs to get +12% advantage. You are better if it comes to 1v1 situation in BG but you are not really overpowered or something

I eventually transferred to Kel'Thuzad Alliance to join Not Safe For Work, where I competed heavily in rated battlegrounds and arenas. but my name is still Phooji

Those were the days, back when I actually enjoyed the bracket. Rated BGs, all 70 ICC runs, duel events. I miss it. Your name does look farmiliar to me as well

Resub man! eager to try and get players to come for 70 twinks to readjust and get ready for next expansion. It will be a wierd adjustment with most playing 110-120 but i will be chugging in events with new fire since pvp wont be brain dead anymore. We have had a few succussful arena tournys at 70 and often do 1v1s in instanced for fun, but its scarce and hard since noone wants to play in arenas anymore due to it being very biased for certain classes. With BFA i see new vigor on the horizon "Legion rogue pun" and a rekindled interest in pvp in it's purest form. New theorycrafting and gear working in instanced always leaves open for those cheeky chance on hit items or cheeky trinkets to add spice and flavor to the mix. You're in our discord and i welcome you to please keep asking questions here or there to get caught up however you want to. I can promise from my personal experience seeing patch notes and watching updates that BFA will be the best update for 70 twinks since mop. Also can promise that my guild on BH alliance will continue to be active throughout it with a hefty knowledge, a great community and as many mats as you could ever want!

P.S- i see 70 twinking being one of the best twink brackets as well :p

Resub man! eager to try and get players to come for 70 twinks to readjust and get ready for next expansion. It will be a wierd adjustment with most playing 110-120 but i will be chugging in events with new fire since pvp wont be brain dead anymore. We have had a few succussful arena tournys at 70 and often do 1v1s in instanced for fun, but its scarce and hard since noone wants to play in arenas anymore due to it being very biased for certain classes. With BFA i see new vigor on the horizon "Legion rogue pun" and a rekindled interest in pvp in it's purest form. New theorycrafting and gear working in instanced always leaves open for those cheeky chance on hit items or cheeky trinkets to add spice and flavor to the mix. You're in our discord and i welcome you to please keep asking questions here or there to get caught up however you want to. I can promise from my personal experience seeing patch notes and watching updates that BFA will be the best update for 70 twinks since mop. Also can promise that my guild on BH alliance will continue to be active throughout it with a hefty knowledge, a great community and as many mats as you could ever want!

P.S- i see 70 twinking being one of the best twink brackets as well :p
I agree to all the above

Users who are viewing this thread