70 or 79

I'm not noticing any 79 twinks in the armory threads. I'm surprised since you unlock mastery at 78. Do you get mastery in instanced PvP if you're level 70? I didn't think you did. Wouldn't a 79 have a big advantage in BGs/arenas?

Why is everyone at 70 other than that just being the Burning Crusade max level?
Please refer to the search bar for such questions that have been covered 800 times . 79s are stronger yes, 70s are 70 because most of us have always been 70
[doublepost=1545418293,1545418257][/doublepost]And yes mastery is in instanced for 79

Please refer to the search bar for such questions that have been covered 800 times . 79s are stronger yes, 70s are 70 because most of us have always been 70
[doublepost=1545418293,1545418257][/doublepost]And yes mastery is in instanced for 79

I suppose I should have clarified. I just wanted to make sure the whole mastery thing was still the case. I knew it was before Legion.

70s is where its at, if you want to 1 hit everything with no room for outplay and have everyone think you're disabled then play 79s

79s is literally the most balanced twink bracket out of every single one I've ever played. Even 70's can compete, is that not in itself amazing? Imagine lvl 20 twinks complaining that 29s are faceroll and disabled; it's laughable and just displays some people's salinity.

79s is literally the most balanced twink bracket out of every single one I've ever played. Even 70's can compete, is that not in itself amazing? Imagine lvl 20 twinks complaining that 29s are faceroll and disabled; it's laughable and just displays some people's salinity.
I mean, I semi disagree. Your power advantage is insane

Twinking isn't just PvP. The entire experience is better on 70 than it is on 79, both when it comes to PvP and PvE. I've seen a few 60's, 70's and 80's with hundreds of hours spent on their characters. These people are the ones with loremaster, maxing out their professions (with recipes, etc), farming reputations, etc. It's rare to see (and I haven't seen a single one) any 69's or 79's with time spent on their character that isn't purely PvP.

Are you smoking crack my bro?

I agree it's around 20-40%, depending on strength of mastery and power of 75 talent gained. My SP gains a lot more by being 79 than my fire mage does, for example. SP gets flat dmg bonus across the board and shadow word death. Fire gets ROF and probably the worst mastery in the bracket.

I would argue that comparing any x0 character to a x9 character is going to expose a pretty big power discrepancy. I'm just not sure what 70s are using as a reference point, other than when 70 was the level cap. Do you want a 9 level range to be meaningless? Because again, I find that considering how dialed in a 70 twink can get, 70s have pretty much the best chance out of any x0 when it comes to competing in iPvP. I used to twink at level 10 - even made a video back in the day because it was such a good time, but should I complain that the 19s had a power advantage? No, it was fun to spar with them and best them sometimes (not so different from my encounters with 70s who can take on a 79) but it was pretty broken and I don't think anyone would argue that 10s should be just as strong as 19s.

Why is everyone at 70 other than that just being the Burning Crusade max level?

I cant speak for everyone, but I've always played 70. Never went 71 for arch axes, never went 72 for wings, never went 79 for mastery or better stats. I started the bracket as a 70, and I'll leave it a 70.
To me, a twink loses its value when it is leveled. If I decided to level my shadowmourne 80 to 89 for better stats, It'd lose all of its value to me. That goes for all of my raid-level twinks. Just keepin it old school

So if people want to stay 70 then stay 70. But why must you complain about 79s? It's your choice to play 70...quit whining.

Users who are viewing this thread