EU+US 7.2 Archaeology artifact power gain

raziel83

Legend
So I went on the ptr on my 99 twink frost mage and did a dig site in stormheim. The 2nd dig netted me a item that summons a imp monster upon use. I summoned it (it scaled to 99) and it was a bit tougher than normal mobs. It dropped this

upload_2017-3-1_15-17-41.png

Blizzard has said that all players can attack and loot this summoned mob. So in theory you can farm up a ton of these monsters summons then get a large group of twinks to all kill loot the bosses. Just like the Ethereum prison key method for rep gains.

If what @MyPerfection is telling us is true and it doesn't change dramatically before 7.2 is released, then we're talking AP farming rates of 10x what Nelth's Lair runs currently net.

That's a HUGE increase. Not to mention this can be done relatively easily between BG queues. I think we're going to see most twinks getting 20+ artifact traits with relative ease if this makes it to live.

According to my calculations, 25 points would be pretty easily obtainable in about 45 days of farming for ~1 hour/day.

My recommendation at this point is make sure you have a 110 ready to unlock flying in the Broken Isles as quickly as possible once 7.2 is released.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread