EU+US 7.2.5 Raid Timewalking

strec021

Legend
As a lot of you probably know, BC timewalking made some of the level 70 heroics tuned for level 100 (110) and that makes them much more difficult than the other non timewalking ones. 7.2.5 introduces the raid version of this, with black temple being the first one. Assuming it would be treated in a similar manner, I went to check it out. Sure enough, the health of enemies/bosses is 4x-5x what it is on live and abilities appear to hit much harder. For example, Gorefiend has near 16m hp and was roughly a 6 minute fight way back in the day during progression. That's about 45k raid dps to beat it in a similar fashion to back in the day. I would imagine a group of tier 4/5 players would need almost a full raid even with ability inflation to get that down.

Anyways, just thought I'd let the community know. Some hardcore groups might find it fun to have a level 70 "progression" raid again. Sure, it won't be months of wiping, but it certainly might be something that provides a decent challenge to a level 70 only raiding guild.

Rip if the 71+ aids

You guys missed the point. Time walking content isn't a different version of the dungeon like Kara. The physical dungeons were changed. So if you go in on a level 70, you will see the same dungeon as someone who queued as a 110. You'll be able to assemble a raid of 70 players and face the amped up version.

Strec021 is correct. This change effects level 70 twinks because the Black Temple we enter becomes much harder! I think it will be awesome to have a much higher top end raid :)

Wait, why do you guys think this?
The none-timewalking tbc heroics didn't change at all when tbc timewalking was implemented.
Go check the HP of trash and bosses in any of the TBC timewalking dungeons. You will find that the first trash in Shattered Halls, for example, has 50k-100k hp. The first trash in BF or HFR has 15-25k on heroic. I'll take a screenshot after work today to show a level 80 looking at the amped up black temple on the PTR.

TW has also always been 71+ so why do you guys think this will be any different.
It's not about queueing for timewalking, it's about the fact that timewalking physically changed BT and is now going to be a much harder raid as a regular level 70 group. If you did BT as a guild the day before 7.2.5, you will walk in the next day and find it with the difficulty change I mentioned in the OP.

strec021 is correct if you go solo some heroics you'll very quickly see there are "hard" heroics and "easy" ones. Obviously they were originally meant to be tuned around the same power level. When I first pointed this out someone pointed out the "hard" ones happen to be the exact same list as timewalking dungeons. This of course brings a realization, timewalking dungeons have been "retuned" for all levels. So they are MUCH harder at level than the ones that have not been retuned, strec021 took it a step further and checked on the PTR and sure enough he has seen that the mobs have 4-5x their current HP values. This means that once this change goes live Black Temple (non-timewalking) will be much much harder!

We still won't be able to do timewalking, but only the re-optimized version of the raid will exist on live.

strec021 is correct if you go solo some heroics you'll very quickly see there are "hard" heroics and "easy" ones. Obviously they were originally meant to be tuned around the same power level. When I first pointed this out someone pointed out the "hard" ones happen to be the exact same list as timewalking dungeons. This of course brings a realization, timewalking dungeons have been "retuned" for all levels. So they are MUCH harder at level than the ones that have not been retuned, strec021 took it a step further and checked on the PTR and sure enough he has seen that the mobs have 4-5x their current HP values. This means that once this change goes live Black Temple (non-timewalking) will be much much harder!

We still won't be able to do timewalking, but only the re-optimized version of the raid will exist on live.

So the drops are the same? no timewalking gear?

This means that once this change goes live Black Temple (non-timewalking) will be much much harder!

The TBC heroics definitely had pretty severely different difficulties even before timewalking was in the game. But if some of them actually got buffed when timewalking came along, which it seems like they did, that would be awesome for BT. Almost like new content for 70 twinks.
It will be fun to see how many people BT will take to clear now.

Illidan has 37m health and appears to scale with raid size. Solo to 10 man is 37m and a 19 man raid was about 72m (from watching a stream). Black Temple might legitimately be progression for level 70 raids (don't have all the massive power of level 110's).

It would be even better if this happened to more of the raids we have today. Since we do way to much dmg already the could just scale it up a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread