EU+US 7.1 - 20's PVP Meta

Dragpz

Grandfathered
So it seems the meta is Surv Hunter, Boomkin, and Disc Priest. Doesn't feel very satisfying to play anything else. I originally thought O Rogues would perform a lot better now that they have Cheap Shot and Between The Eyes, but their stat template is so weak (4.8 k hp), compared to the OP 6.6k hp Surv hunters get. In Pre-Patch I think classes were all balanced, and had a level of viability, but now, it's quite clear that there's a meta atm.

It's worth noting that Shadow Priests are also a pretty strong option to solo-queue battlegrounds with.

They do a good bit of damage, have enough sustain with PW:S + Flash Heal + Shadowform Resistance to last through Survival Hunters, and they have some decent crowd control with Mind Flay and Psy Scream.

Doesn't feel very satisfying to play anything else.
So it have to be overpowered in order to be satisfying to you?

is this one of those threads where ppl make up bad excuses and later on theyll 'main' the most fotm spec around? :rolleyes:

So it have to be overpowered in order to be satisfying to you?

No, but it definitely has to be somewhat viable. There's no point in playing a class that gets absolutely demolished by the meta (e.g. Surv Hunters ) I was playing Fire Mage and O Rogue for a bit, and I can tell you that there is no way in hell you are kiting a Surv Hunter, if they don't get you with Harpoon+Flanking Strike, they'll get you with Pet Slow+ Throwing Axes, and even in the worst case, they'll have Freezing Trap up. Side note, O Rogues hits feel extremely weak.

No, but it definitely has to be somewhat viable. There's no point in playing a class that gets absolutely demolished by the meta (e.g. Surv Hunters ) I was playing Fire Mage and O Rogue for a bit, and I can tell you that there is no way in hell you are kiting a Surv Hunter, if they don't get you with Harpoon+Flanking Strike, they'll get you with Pet Slow+ Throwing Axes, and even in the worst case, they'll have Freezing Trap up. Side note, O Rogues hits feel extremely weak.

Ret and monk fits well to the list in that case.
In my small opinion: Having lower hand against opponents is more fun as it forcing you to think out of the box.
also arcane mages hit like trucks with 4 charges up.

Surv Hunter is op, Boomkin is really the most moronic class. Dotting, running away, healing...
Disc feels fine for me, as I am mostly playing warrior they die much faster this patch. But overall the burst is much higher in this patch.

Users who are viewing this thread