69 twink hunter.

Aphrodites

Can anyone post a link to the gear? I cannot find anything anywhere for a hunter sadly. Thank you very much!

I'm trying to build a hunter twink right now. In my opinion, the blue and green items from the AH are completely sufficient. I usually buy the green items (LvL 69) for under 20G and the blue items (LvL 66 - 68) for 100-200G. There may be items that are a few percent better, but you always run special instances for that.
As an example... for chest I bought drakescale hauberk of the bandit (47 Stam, 31 Agi, 63 AP). Cost was 100G. I haven't found an item that would be worth more effort. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist (I know Temporus drops a pretty good chest) but I'm not willing to farm such items for 10 agi or so. This is my path to a playable character. I think at LvL 69 I'll have fun (socked and enchanted) with that.
If you want to maximize your char with effort, I can only recommend the Atlas Loot add-on. The 6 or 7 instances are quickly looked through from the loot table. You can also find all craftable items there. I wish you great success. And link your char once you have decided on the equipment.

BB

Can anyone post a link to the gear? I cannot find anything anywhere for a hunter sadly. Thank you very much!

The main question is if you are on a server that is still doing Naxx runs. That's the ideal because for many classes 4-6 piece Tier 3 from Naxx is still arguably bis. That being said, if you aren't going to do Naxx there are certain benefits like higher stamina. Either way the biggest thing you should snag is the Twilight Longbow from BM, it's going to have by far the highest damage of anything other than the crossbow from Naxx. BM also has two other excellent items - the Hourglass of the Unraveller and the Laughing Skull Battleharness. So be sure to do OHB as soon as you can in order to complete the quest chain that lets you into BM.

The thing you want to handle earliest though for sure is getting enough Spirit Shards (50) for the Band of the Exorcist. It will require many runs of Shadow Labs or other Auchindown dungeons to acquire, so you don't want to end up pinched on XP trying to get them all.

AH 'bandit' pieces are definitely great, but probably the best boe is the Necklace of the Deep, which crucially has two gem slots. You ofc need to run Engineering for the helm, belt, and boots no matter what. Anyways, lets get to the builds - I've got two lists, one for those who can run Naxx and one for those who cannot.

Naxx BiS: https://seventyupgrades.com/set/wsF9WqZJgNtrdXwW7Co58J

TBC: https://seventyupgrades.com/set/tuZjjQkMXsoKBfHqMTHZPr

XP management is critical for Hunters (due to leveling pets up) so be sure and avoid rested XP as much as you can once you're 66+. There's plenty more to chat about but that should get you started.

https://seventyupgrades.com/set/pcuCijMS4WMN96cUTP4XCB

The idea of my hunter at lvl 69. All items from the AH. 532 Agi and thus a good 35% more than in Outofspace's draft. Hit is at 5%. Hitpoints are a good 1000 less, but as I said, 35% more Agi and thus a good 300 more RangeAP certainly make the character playable. This isn't BiS, I know that, but I just have to take care of the trinkets and that's fine. I'm just trying to show that you can have a playable character without a guild or help. You don't have to manage any experiences, just go to your bank when you hit LvL 69. ;-)

Last edited:
Hunters are the strongest dps in 69s so you certainly do not need to be BiS to perform well. That said, those AH blues suffix gear can be difficult to find and you should get the bow from BM at the very least.

https://seventyupgrades.com/set/pcuCijMS4WMN96cUTP4XCB

The idea of my hunter at lvl 69. All items from the AH. 532 Agi and thus a good 35% more than in Outofspace's draft. Hit is at 5%. Hitpoints are a good 1000 less, but as I said, 35% more Agi and thus a good 300 more RangeAP certainly make the character playable. This isn't BiS, I know that, but I just have to take care of the trinkets and that's fine. I'm just trying to show that you can have a playable character without a guild or help. You don't have to manage any experiences, just go to your bank when you hit LvL 69. ;-)

Yeah if you have all of those perfect bandit blues have at it, but those are honestly quite difficult to get a hold of for most people. Agility isn't that important for BM hunters, look at AP, crit, HP and Mana. You are up on AP by 260 sure, but you're down 3.5% crit, 1k hp and 700 mana. You're also relying on a trinket slot for hit which will severely limit your options but as people have mentioned you don't need to min/max to be highly effective as a cheesy hunter, so I'm sure it will be a good time.

Still, you need to sort out your meta gem requirements because it's currently inactive. To make it easier I would at least get the Necklace of the Deep which grants two more red slots to work with.

@Outofspace
I never said that my equipment suggestion would be BiS. But it's a playable proposition. A lot of people here at xpoff spend hours and hours honing their characters, only to then play exactly 4 or 5 games after 100 hours of preparation. I saw a lot of BiS chars here that have 300 or 400 honorable kills. This was also a point that I didn't want to put too much time into chasing individual parts (e.g. from Naxx), but wanted to finish it quickly.

The threat creator asked for gear suggestions. He didn't ask for BiS suggestions. The items are often in the AH several times on Ghennas, so they are easy to get. Of course, this can be more difficult on other servers, you're right.

For me it was and is difficult to find a group on a server whose language I don't really speak (the worst thing is all the abbreviations in "gamerspeak" in English) and to stay in it until the final boss. So my path was just farming ores etc. and then buying the blue items in the AH.
I would always see 250 AP above 3.5% crit as well. That may be the case with the mana, here I will have to gain practical experience. I played a lot of 29er PvP and mana almost never played a role. The fights were often not long enough for mana to have an impact. I was often able to quickly win a 1 vs 1 (which happened seldom enough) with the Huntertwink, and otherwise there were often 2 vs 4 / 5 fights, which ended also quite quickly.

Again, my suggestion wasn't about suggesting a BiS gear, but about getting a playable character quickly and easily. I paid about 1k gold for all armor for my Hunter. That's ok, I think. And with everything you shouldn't forget that you're playing against LvL-Chars, which often only have 6k life or so. My mage at LvL 64 does not have 5k life in green gear from Hellfire Peninsula.

Thank you for your feedback.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread