US 60 pvp questions

immaculate

Veteran
Hello everyone,

I’m considering making a 60 pvp twink. I hadn’t played wow since panda until recently and I’m still learning the changes. I have two 19s right now and in vanilla/bc/wrath ran a 19/39 twink guild.

It seems there are pretty mixed opinions in the threads here on if the 60 bracket is functional. So I was wondering if I could get answers to a few questions

1. Is it still that you are grouped with the level 61-69 players and if so doesn’t that mean the 60 gear is irrelevant? Or do most 60s strictly do AV since 60 is a top level for Av (or at least it used to be, all this might have changed since I last played)

2. Are there specific times of day to que and not que at 60? I’ve seen some posts that say average wait is only 10-15 min which I’m fine with and others that suggest que pops are almost nonexistent now.

3. Does the item level matter at 60? I’ve looked at the armory characters on the threads and it seems like 60 is beast gear/stat rather than ilvl like 19s are.

4. Is it more important in this bracket to move to a 60 twink guild, at 19 a fair portion of every game ends up twinks because its such a popular bracket, I guess what I’m asking is are there many twinks per game at 60?

Thank you for tolerating my nubletness.

1. Is it still that you are grouped with the level 61-69 players and if so doesn’t that mean the 60 gear is irrelevant?
This bracket is from 60-69 and xp-on / xp-off are merged. Your gear doesn't matter (wear your armor type) because the stat template will set it to item level 143 and you can't get that high on average as a 60.

2. Are there specific times of day to que and not que at 60? I’ve seen some posts that say average wait is only 10-15 min which I’m fine with and others that suggest que pops are almost nonexistent now.
On Horde-EU the queue times are around 10-15min from ~12o'clock until midnight. (atm for example 20:39 it is 12min). I've heard (can't proof it) that the queue times are better for alliance.

3. Does the item level matter at 60? I’ve looked at the armory characters on the threads and it seems like 60 is beast gear/stat rather than ilvl like 19s are.
Wear what you want (keep your armor type and don't drop below item level 45 on a slot).

4. Is it more important in this bracket to move to a 60 twink guild, at 19 a fair portion of every game ends up twinks because its such a popular bracket, I guess what I’m asking is are there many twinks per game at 60?
No idea, I don't have a level 60. :)

not really, have the rarest colour weapon you can and enchant it with Black Magic. Thunderfury or Sulfras, or anything purple depending on your class (if you're a caster forget the legendaries and get a purple wand). Ilvling stacking wont get you much much more in terms of stats but you get a buff in ipvp that tells you how much extra stats you get from your ilvl in a percentage.

This bracket is from 60-69 and xp-on / xp-off are merged. Your gear doesn't matter (wear your armor type) because the stat template will set it to item level 143 and you can't get that high on average as a 60.

On Horde-EU the queue times are around 10-15min from ~12o'clock until midnight. (atm for example 20:39 it is 12min). I've heard (can't proof it) that the queue times are better for alliance.

Wear what you want (keep your armor type and don't drop below item level 45 on a slot).

No idea, I don't have a level 60. :)
155 not 143.

not really, have the rarest colour weapon you can and enchant it with Black Magic. Thunderfury or Sulfras, or anything purple depending on your class (if you're a caster forget the legendaries and get a purple wand). Ilvling stacking wont get you much much more in terms of stats but you get a buff in ipvp that tells you how much extra stats you get from your ilvl in a percentage.
wand quality does not matter you dont use it for doing damage like you would for a melee weapon.
Wands are only for stat sticks.

6 minuete queues and gear doesn’t matter. It’s the one bracket I can say that any time of the day is balanced in the sense that it’s a bracket you see a lot of levelers and not a lot of twinks. In which case skill is a big part as well as a healing class. I run a prot pally and it’s beyond fun. Going to solo cap farm under hordes noes and actually staying alive long enough to fully cap it. There are many things that have made this bracket fun and fair. A lot consider nerfs, I call gains.

Any questions about gear just inbox m your real ID

I queue 2-3 bgs solo daily, would be more with a buddy

155 not 143.
It's 143.

That's why my stats increase if I wear my max item level outfit.

100% stat template aka <=143:
NywdjQ0.jpg

Increased stat template aka >143:
9vMPJCN.jpg

Thanks for the replies everyone, it sounds like I have a project to start this week.
[doublepost=1508084219,1508084088][/doublepost]Since you mentioned healing classes, which is what I do at 110 and at 19, are the healers pretty balanced at 60? what class would you recommend if I go the healer route?

Thanks for the replies everyone, it sounds like I have a project to start this week.
[doublepost=1508084219,1508084088][/doublepost]Since you mentioned healing classes, which is what I do at 110 and at 19, are the healers pretty balanced at 60? what class would you recommend if I go the healer route?
Druid healing is pretty weak. The others are fine I suppose priest and paladin will always be at the higher end of healing.

Druid healing is pretty weak. The others are fine I suppose priest and paladin will always be at the higher end of healing.

It's a good thing I asked, I would have prob done a druid lol pally it is.

Users who are viewing this thread