6.1 Character Profiles

iaccidentallytwink

Guild Master
In preparation of 6.1 and new gear, along with the massive WoD changes, lets use this thread to post projected BiS profiles for characters.

To start off with awesome news, ALL required BoAs are purchasable for JUST gold in 6.1!

Here is Thirkfifty in his current form. Stacking Bonus Armor and Stamina for Prot spec. The only change coming in 6.1 that isn't in there yet is the Necklace + Versatility enchant. I have tested out various Bonus Armor and Stamina combinations, and I feel this is currently the most optimal. I believe I can swap out 1 Sonic Booster for either a Goblin Rocket Launcher (roughly +8.5 DPS) or the Gnomish Poultryizer (may help with adds). The former sacrifices 1 Stamina, however.

Lists

PROT WARRIOR 6.1

Last edited by a moderator:
Deathbone (2) set gives +50 bonus armor as well, can probably fit those in somewhere

I don't like using greens so no Imperial Set for me :p

Yeah you can replace your gloves and boots by Deathbone and you'll be better off (in my opinion).

Deathbone (2) set gives +50 bonus armor as well, can probably fit those in somewhere

I don't like using greens so no Imperial Set for me :p

Yeah you can replace your gloves and boots by Deathbone and you'll be better off (in my opinion).
It's a 3-set bonus, and no - 50 armor is not even close to giving up any combination of 3 pieces (or even 2).

It's a 3-set bonus, and no - 50 armor is not even close to giving up any combination of 3 pieces (or even 2).

Yeah only just realized it was a 3-set and if you use the Imperial Belt you don't have room for that anymore.

If you wanted to stack just Bonus Armor you could check out the Heavy Mithril pieces as well, quite low stamina though, but for a DPS tank spec (can dream of Gladiator stance at 50 :D) it's great.

Yeah only just realized it was a 3-set and if you use the Imperial Belt you don't have room for that anymore.

If you wanted to stack just Bonus Armor you could check out the Heavy Mithril pieces as well, quite low stamina though, but for a DPS tank spec (can dream of Gladiator stance at 50 :D) it's great.
Prot beats out both Fury and Arms DPS consistently at 50 this expac, so yea - when I rebuild my Prot DPS spec, I'm going full blown BA with the Deathbone set.

Unfortunately for newbies the entire set is GF'd, but naturally I have every piece of GF'd Scholo gear there is ;)

Prot beats out both Fury and Arms DPS consistently at 50 this expac, so yea - when I rebuild my Prot DPS spec, I'm going full blown BA with the Deathbone set.

Unfortunately for newbies the entire set is GF'd, but naturally I have every piece of GF'd Scholo gear there is ;)

Same here I think, actually I am missing the Sawbones Shirt, saw it on BM today, but it was 5000g. That 2H mace that looks like a spine with a skull on it is by far my favorite from Scholomance.

Problem with DPS-ing as prot is that you'll be causing too much threat compared to the other tanks :p In terms of raids anyway, works great in PvP already. I unfroze my XP for 3 battleground and ended up with two perfect wins, Wrecking Ball and 150 honor kills or something.

I was dissapointed that we couldn't get grey legs for the Grey Deathbone transmo though.

Same here I think, actually I am missing the Sawbones Shirt, saw it on BM today, but it was 5000g. That 2H mace that looks like a spine with a skull on it is by far my favorite from Scholomance.

Problem with DPS-ing as prot is that you'll be causing too much threat compared to the other tanks :p In terms of raids anyway, works great in PvP already. I unfroze my XP for 3 battleground and ended up with two perfect wins, Wrecking Ball and 150 honor kills or something.

I was dissapointed that we couldn't get grey legs for the Grey Deathbone transmo though.
I've been rocking a nearly perfect Deathbone black transmog for a very long time. For the legs, Legguards of Stratholme are as close as you can get to matching. For shoulders I use Stoneform Shoulders (also GF'd).

Yeah I'm actually using the other set (the blue/black one, not the grey one). With the shoulders which you now can't transmo anymore either (that transmo glitch was fixed).

Yeah I'm actually using the other set (the blue/black one, not the grey one). With the shoulders which you now can't transmo anymore either (that transmo glitch was fixed).
Last I checked that color set was far less complete, unless I've missed some items.

Thanks man! I still have a lot of room for improvement, though. Namely rings, trinkets, and goggles. Also, in a perfect world I'd have double Treant's Bane.

Got it after around 56 runs, sign up as tank, show people something new, it's one of the things I enjoy doing on level 50, tribute runs, almost no one remembers them.

Gloves have been nerfed. Only gives +4 Armor now. Going to replace it soon, might have to go back to Green Dragonscale, yuck.

I am working on a strength focused fury warrior. I am not close to done, though.

Shonzy @ Trollbane - Community - World of Warcraft
Considering Strength and Bonus Armor now give identical stats, you will want to stack BA over Strength everywhere you can. The best combination of BA set bonuses for DPS Warriors are as follows:
Deathbone Guardian (3/5) - (Deathbone Gauntlets, Deathbone Legguards, Deathbone Chestplate)
The Postmaster (2/5) - (The Postmaster's Seal, The Postmaster's Treads)
Imperial Plate (2/7) - (Imperial Plate Belt, Imperial Plate Shoulders)

The set bonus alone gives 200 BA, the equivalent of 200 Strength. Deathbone Guardian is grandfathered, so for those slots you'd just want something with a lot of Strength.

Users who are viewing this thread