59s Wargames

warpigs

Traveling Urinal Cake Salesman
If anyone is interested in playing 59s (US), then add my battletag: ratsalad#1955

We only have enough interested people to get 2v2 arenas to pop at the moment., and that is only when I am paying attention to my friends list to see if enough 59s are online.

If anyone has questions feel free to post here or contact me in game.

I try to log on every night from 8-11 pm eastern time.

Some more information can be found in the 59s post in the BG forums.

Wow. I've never seen such old school twinks as you and all those twinks on the forums with ZG gear and t0.5. Really cool. Making me want to try this bracket out for the first time.

I gotta ask, [MENTION=27426]warpigs[/MENTION] did you get access to the pvp replica gear because you had the vanilla titles equivalent to the 1.8k rating you need?

Yes, I reached legionnaire in vanilla at 49 before moving to 59 in tbc.

The bracket used to be really well balanced and extremely fun, but that was back in wotlk.

At the moment tank specs seem very strong (at least bm monks and prot warriors) from the few arenas that we have had.

The few people that play have multiple toons though, and we switched classes a lot and we had some really fun games. Rogue and lock against spriest and mage made for some good games. Rogue and lock against bm monk and enhance shaman lasted about 10 seconds.

I can't promise great competition, but the games should be fun. We also haven't tried to bring any other levels (50, 54) into games, but I am interested to see how they fare against 59s and hope that they would be competitive. That could definitely increase the activity of the bracket.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me here or in game.

Gearing is fairly easy to do. Depending on what your goal is (survivability, damage, fc, etc.) gear is boe outland greens, heirlooms, engineering items, and gear from SM, SH, and scholo. Leveling engineering and making the items is a bit of a grind, but the others aren't bad. With scaling now you don't have to have the level 59 boe items and other lower level gear can be effective.

I would post armories, but I don't know if anyone really has a fully up to date 59. I think my rogue is, but my mage still needs a few items and enchants. You can check the 59s post on the wow forums to see some ideas for gearing from the 59s that have posted. Especially the more recent posts since the thread is four years old.

There is some gf'ed gear and enchants, but the zg gear really isn't that great imo and I don't think that the enchants are game breaking either. I have a zg enchant on my mage's helm, but the stats it shows aren't what it actually gives. I think that the int and stam are actually reversed in effect.

In games tank specs had around 22-24k health and dps around 16-18k. Damage wasn't op except for what I mentioned above. When we didn't play op specs the fights were long and enjoyable.

Awesome. Well I have an old bis 54 gnome priest with the engineering goggles, the shield belt and Xtreme boots. I could probably either level it up to 59 or see how it does as 54.

Thanks for all the feedback. I was scared the zg gear would be a game changer, since its always a bummer when GF'd gear is really strong. But apparently not! :)

Chantale: don't level your 54 just yet, try it out and see how it does first. If it doesn't do well, then you could level it to 59 (could even just do a DK) if you are still interested in the bracket. Honestly though, you never know what blizzard might do to brackets in the future so you might want to leave your 54 alone.

Sumers: thanks, 49s were actually fairly active on Bloodhoof in vanilla, but I was a rank lower, blood guard or whatever it was, until battlegroups came out and then I got legionnaire. It was honestly just a matter of playing that character a lot.

Claspara: that sounds great, we need to try to set a date and hopefully get some people together to see how all the different levels fare against one another.

For anyone that is interested in 59s or wants to see how the different levels scale in the bracket and play then add my battletag: ratsalad#1955

I don't play as much as I would like to, especially with renewed interest in this bracket, but I will do my best to set up arenas when I see enough people online. Hopefully we can get some games going this weekend.

I have a couple more people added to my friends list now so hopefully we can get some arena skirmishes going soon.

Work has been super busy recently, but hopefully I will have some free time this weekend and hopefully enough people will be online.

If we have games going I will post here and on the wow forums for anyone else that is interested.

Great initiative, the first step to reviving a bracket is building a core player base, the best way to do that is to organize a weekly war game night or PuG night.

If you guys want I can create a minisite to track people who are queuing. My warrior is itching to roll some scrubs.

Users who are viewing this thread