59s requirements!

Beercapsup

Yellowtable
I'm pretty interested in getting into 59s but I'm curious as to how the bracket is looking. I've been twinking a while and I know that every bracket has a few niche items to grind out. If anyone could tell me about what BiS looks like at 59 that would be great!

59s are pretty easy just get as much socket gear as you can and fill out the rest with heirlooms and some dung trinkets/weapons.

I actually find it to be more interesting than that. I have a 59 boomkin and I have many random quest rewards that are scaled out of their mind. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/hellscream/Lilboomy

If you look at my gloves, wrists, back, belt, and boots the amount of secondary stats they have is so much higher than almost every other gear. That is a new thing with the scaling world. Like my gloves I got from a random quest in wetlands. Same thing with the back and the wrists. Random quests in feralas and hinterlands. Finding stuff like that is so interesting and can raise the potentail power of your twink. The gem gear is very good and important to get, but I truly think you should only be equipping the heirloom neck at this bracket.

I actually find it to be more interesting than that. I have a 59 boomkin and I have many random quest rewards that are scaled out of their mind. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/hellscream/Lilboomy

If you look at my gloves, wrists, back, belt, and boots the amount of secondary stats they have is so much higher than almost every other gear. That is a new thing with the scaling world. Like my gloves I got from a random quest in wetlands. Same thing with the back and the wrists. Random quests in feralas and hinterlands. Finding stuff like that is so interesting and can raise the potentail power of your twink. The gem gear is very good and important to get, but I truly think you should only be equipping the heirloom neck at this bracket.

the bracers and the AB belt/boots look good if armory is correct, I am not against sacrificing some main stat for vers. What does set bonus for AB give now?

Finding this to be the case with 101 gear as well. Some lvl 85 mists pieces provide much more secondaries than if I used mythic HFC gear. Very nice druid btw. So much burst potential with using your offhand with ram, get a nagler proc while all that is going on.

Btw, I keep seeing 59s with nexus gear, so I’m assuming it scales down to 59. In which case you might want to look into meta socket helm from there. Proc haste wrath gems hasn’t been fixed yet and still offers like 400 haste for 5 seconds. Would be like having another mace. Just a suggestion tho. You might like the static secondaries on goggles more.

Yeah the haste meta gems are pretty damn insane. Problem is, the proc rate is REAL hit or miss. I've had strings of back to back procs and other times had no procs for over a minute

They are fun for meme builds and can make or break a flag return. I'm running the melee haste one on my shaman because it's so freaking fun. Gonna run goggles on my lock thiujt
[doublepost=1541112530,1541112464][/doublepost]Also I found several questions rewards that scale pretty big. Just gotta spend hours on wowhead and in game doing research. It's a pain but worth it when you find a hidden gem

welcome to the bracket, 59s is the best. you can either do a test tube cookie cutter build with heirlooms and sockets, and be g2g with minimal effort and gold, or you can be more obscure and do weird builds. 59s is the wild west if you ask me, a lot has yet to be tested because most people stick with the OP classes.

oh and make sure you join a community for groups and more advice :)

I've had strings of back to back procs and other times had no procs for over a minute

With a 40 or 45s (depending on which gem) internal CD I've never seen a back to back proc and don't think it's possible. Landslide does have the same effect and can be easily confused.

I wasn't in love with the proc rate and ended up trying the crit/stun redux for a while and now I'm testing the weapon damage / chance to stun. Many times the haste proc is wasted too because you aren't laying down dps for whatever reason and its very short. I'm pretty convinced that the stun redux one is the best when it comes down to it. What that makes me think for 59s is that generally you should just roll goggles.

With a 40 or 45s (depending on which gem) internal CD I've never seen a back to back proc and don't think it's possible. Landslide does have the same effect and can be easily confused.

I wasn't in love with the proc rate and ended up trying the crit/stun redux for a while and now I'm testing the weapon damage / chance to stun. Many times the haste proc is wasted too because you aren't laying down dps for whatever reason and its very short. I'm pretty convinced that the stun redux one is the best when it comes down to it. What that makes me think for 59s is that generally you should just roll goggles.

I'm pretty sure they removed the 45s icd when they changed how procs work. Everything should be ppm unless the tooltip specifies otherwise.

Ive got a weakaura for the proc and many times I've seen multiple procs in a single fight. I try to get as much benefit from the proc as much as I can so when it procs I try my best to stay on target.

That being said, I'm eventually gonna go with engy goggles. That's if I ever get around to playing my shaman again.

I'm pretty sure they removed the 45s icd when they changed how procs work. Everything should be ppm unless the tooltip specifies otherwise.

Ive got a weakaura for the proc and many times I've seen multiple procs in a single fight. I try to get as much benefit from the proc as much as I can so when it procs I try my best to stay on target.

That being said, I'm eventually gonna go with engy goggles. That's if I ever get around to playing my shaman again.

Internal cooldowns are very much not removed from the game and I promise the haste proc gem cannot overlap. Your lucky to get it to pop once a minute.

Internal cooldowns are very much not removed from the game and I promise the haste proc gem cannot overlap. Your lucky to get it to pop once a minute.

Though internal cooldown does exist, and yes the meta haste procing gem can take up to a whole minute to proc, it definitely does not make to bad. It’s all based off what class you are. If you are a rogue, might not be the best choice. However if your say a ret pally or a boomkin (classes that are dps but have spamable heals) it can be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread