59 Twink Unholy DK BIS gear?

Flexxy

Veteran
i have a lvl 59 unholy dk that i have geared but i don't know what would be BIS as Haste comes before everything with unholy so i need to figure out which is my best gear

For gemming and enchanting (where you can) it looks like PvP power is best. Other slots strength. Rings you can go haste. Neck satyr, chest glorious stats. Boots stam/speed. There isn't much opportunity to itemize towards haste as PvP power scales so well.

armory the 59 DK in my sig, change the gems to PVP power, run the 2h mace in gnomer for haste proc, and you're off to a good start.

armory the 59 DK in my sig, change the gems to PVP power, run the 2h mace in gnomer for haste proc, and you're off to a good start.

@jwl Flexxy is asking for unholy, your dk is Frost.

For gemming and enchanting (where you can) it looks like PvP power is best. Other slots strength. Rings you can go haste. Neck satyr, chest glorious stats. Boots stam/speed. There isn't much opportunity to itemize towards haste as PvP power scales so well.

this is my Unholy DK at the momment https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/Exorçism

I switched to unholy with pvp power gems today and seems quite good. (Part of that is just being able to use Sul'Thraze)

Are you simming or testing with haste to say it is better? It looks like PVP power is definitely the best at 59 and Strength will also outperform haste 1:1.

what would be the better spec to twink with cause odk if Unholy is better now or if frost is

what would be the better spec to twink with cause odk if Unholy is better now or if frost is

i don't think you really need to swap any gear except for Weapon so why not both. Unholy seems crazy strong because of PVP talent Wandering Plague which accounts for about 20% of my damage.

Get socket belt, switch sockets to +6 pvp power, look on AH for haste vers ilvl 61 bracers. Maybe swap out haste enchants for strength? I prefer strength atleast but it's personal pref i guess

My Ramstein’s Lightning Bolt is still hitting for over 5700 damage. Also, the trinket from the end of scholo (name is escaping me) has a nice on-use strength gain.
Since you’re stacking haste, the hammer from gnomer and (of course) the Jackhammer (scaled up) may be bis for you.
Aside from those few opinions, your gear choice looks spot on!

@jwl Flexxy is asking for unholy, your dk is Frost.

and I just told him how to gear for unholy?

Do frost DKs use 2 hance maces?

@Deumadora the trinket is lessons of the darkmaster.
[doublepost=1532992477,1532992338][/doublepost]

I would run a darkmaster or rams trinket. Double booster isn't that good. Other than that it looks like a good setup

significant upcoming nerfs:

Death Knight
  • Unholy Strength increases Strength by 10% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 15%).
  • Frost
    • Pillar of Frost increases Strength by 10% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 15%).
  • Unholy
    • Wandering Plague damage reduced by 50%.
    • Necrotic Strike's Necrotic Wound healing absorption reduced by 33%.
    • Virulent Plague deals 25% less damage when engaged in combat with enemy players.
    • Virulent Explosion deals 25% less damage when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Users who are viewing this thread