59 twink questions

provonex

Veteran
looking to get into the 59 bracket and had a few questions

1) was thinking about rolling DK, how are the three specs doing? Also what is good at the moment?

2) what is the gearing looking like with the 8.1 and 8.1.5 gear changes?

Thanks

Don't use heirlooms before you lock XP or you wont make it to the XP eliminator before level 60.

And the changes look AWESOME. The rest is all up to you, really. I'm not a fan of DK yet myself... we'll see in 8.1.5 when the damage procs fall better into line and what the final numbers look like for all the PTR changes...

DK at 59 and 60 lacks critical abilities to make it an OP class .. 69 is ideal starting lvl for DKs .. i have a 59 and 60 sitting there doing nothing, hoping one day blizz will do some stunts and i will be able to use these 2 DKs (59 and 60)

DK at 59 and 60 lacks critical abilities to make it an OP class .. 69 is ideal starting lvl for DKs .. i have a 59 and 60 sitting there doing nothing, hoping one day blizz will do some stunts and i will be able to use these 2 DKs (59 and 60)
what class would you recommend at 59 if not DK? Thanks
[doublepost=1549204324,1549204294][/doublepost]
Don't use heirlooms before you lock XP or you wont make it to the XP eliminator before level 60.

And the changes look AWESOME. The rest is all up to you, really. I'm not a fan of DK yet myself... we'll see in 8.1.5 when the damage procs fall better into line and what the final numbers look like for all the PTR changes...

what classes do you like at 59?

Everything that is strong below 59 will be strong here. If you like DK then try a DK. Playing what you like matters most.

1) was thinking about rolling DK, how are the three specs doing? Also what is good at the moment?

I always encourage people to play what they enjoy, but when it comes to a 59 Death knight, I try to recommend something else. Death Knights are a hero class that starts at level 55 - This means you only get 4 levels of progression, resulting in an empty toolkit. You'd lack the majority of spells & abilities which ultimately makes the class extremely boring and puts them at a severe disadvantage. However, as someone who plays a 59 Death Knight & has queued multiple battlegrounds in this bracket, I can confirm that while they are at a disadvantage, they are still very viable in all 3 specs.

2) what is the gearing looking like with the 8.1 and 8.1.5 gear changes?

The gear is pretty much going to stay the same. Ironfoe, Dragon's call & Runeblade may be the new BIS weapons, but everything else should stay the same (for the most part*)

And no spell interrupt. Huge.
I always encourage people to play what they enjoy, but when it comes to a 59 Death knight, I try to recommend something else. Death Knights are a hero class that starts at level 55 - This means you only get 4 levels of progression, resulting in an empty toolkit. You'd lack the majority of spells & abilities which ultimately makes the class extremely boring and puts them at a severe disadvantage. However, as someone who plays a 59 Death Knight & has queued multiple battlegrounds in this bracket, I can confirm that while they are at a disadvantage, they are still very viable in all 3 specs.

The gear is pretty much going to stay the same. Ironfoe, Dragon's call & Runeblade may be the new BIS weapons, but everything else should stay the same (for the most part*)

Thanks for the info guys. jwl i posted in your guild thread!

Users who are viewing this thread