59 twink? is it even possible?

sevenohseven

objectives or gtfo
besides a helm, neck,ring that are all 176 boe items its nearly impossible to get gear any higher than an epic upgrade which is 158. BoAs and timewalking gear are both 146 so it really doesn’t feel like twinking. am i missing something? sure 150(or so im not exactly sure) will be plenty strong in random bgs but it doesn’t feel like a super hero.

How would you even que random BGs?

id say that it’s not impossible. It’s just highly improbable and a lot of work for a few BGs, even with a debuff exploit.

I tried to gear some during the last anniversary event, and the loot was nothing special, I also got one to the new zeroth Morris (sp) zone, but although lootable the drops all had a 60 lvl requirement. I’m going to keep some at 58/59 and see what the next xpac brings.

I wondered the same thing, and I plan to make a 59 as a summer project in preparation for the next expansion. World PvP was a *lot* of fun for 49s before the (much needed) rep gear nerf, and I'm all for getting a head start at even a chance of doing that again next expansion.

Ilvl 158 sounds low for a lot of slots, but I don't know if gear from chests scales up or not. My 49 pulled ilvl 140 epic-proc'd gear from chests, so hopefully those land at ilvl 176 for 59s.

And of course @dirtypaws gets in here before I do. Always a step ahead of me. ;)

I wondered the same thing, and I plan to make a 59 as a summer project in preparation for the next expansion. World PvP was a *lot* of fun for 49s before the (much needed) rep gear nerf, and I'm all for getting a head start at even a chance of doing that again next expansion.

Ilvl 158 sounds low for a lot of slots, but I don't know if gear from chests scales up or not. My 49 pulled ilvl 140 epic-proc'd gear from chests, so hopefully those land at ilvl 176 for 59s.

And of course @dirtypaws gets in here before I do. Always a step ahead of me. ;)
We’re on the same page regarding those top end previous cap characters aren’t we.

How would you even que random BGs?

id say that it’s not impossible. It’s just highly improbable and a lot of work for a few BGs, even with a debuff exploit.

By glitching the xp vendor and que.

In all honesty you'd get pops that way, but this is a 1 level of level cap. This might have better implifications as a world PvP robber.

i think those 140’s are exclusively from rivendreth chests and as far as i know dont scale up with your level. ive been building a 50 rogue from farming those and unfortunately not every slot is available. bfa mythic azerite gear will probably always have the most mainstat/stam for head/shoulders/chest.
if i do decide to do bgs ill have to specific que and leave early.

Last edited:
my 50 rogue can see and loot the rivendreth chests but if i switch to my dh(same realm) the boxes aren’t there. im guessing it might be a phasing or quest chain not finished from seeing them so im wondering if there is possibly an add on that allows players who aren’t combat rogues to see them.

heres the dh im working on.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/jaedenar/prolaps
i messed up and got my BoE 128 dreadglaives at level 50 and should have waited until 59. lesson learned. same with the 4 elites you fight back to back in bastion. i farmed the spawn for 2 weeks and only got anima on my 59 because i did it at a lower level. the sleeper ring and briar trinkets can be farmed every day until you get a purple upgrade.
im also just a few renown away from knowing if quest rewards go up but those renown are hard to come by with all the quests that give them complete. ive gotten a few from bgs and one or 2 after completing dungeons but its random.

Last edited:
Preliminary research yielded the following so far:
1) Level to 59 via the Shadowlands campaign storyline, dungeons, etc. but do not turn in quests in Revendreth until after reaching 59, and do not turn in non-campaign side quests that give item rewards, nor kill rares that drop gear, nor open world chests/containers, etc.
2) After going as far as we can in Revendreth in the main compaign questline (hopefully snagging a couple of epic 158 upgrades along the way), then turn on Threads of Fate.
3) Do the side quests, world quests, rares, chest/containers, etc. for more chances at epic 158 gear.

Hopefully this will lead to a full 158 set, plus the 176 pieces that others mentioned. More updates as I find them.

Wouldnt a level 60 twink likely be the best bet in preparation for 10.0? 50s currently can q into dungeons and get into timewalking just fine using group sync.

Preliminary research yielded the following so far:
1) Level to 59 via the Shadowlands campaign storyline, dungeons, etc. but do not turn in quests in Revendreth until after reaching 59, and do not turn in non-campaign side quests that give item rewards, nor kill rares that drop gear, nor open world chests/containers, etc.
2) After going as far as we can in Revendreth in the main campaign questline (hopefully snagging a couple of epic 158 upgrades along the way), then turn on Threads of Fate.
3) Do the side quests, world quests, rares, chest/containers, etc. for more chances at epic 158 gear.

Hopefully this will lead to a full 158 set, plus the 176 pieces that others mentioned. More updates as I find them.

The above three rules held true while gearing my 59, most notably when a side quest in Bastion dropped a green reward that proc'd epic and got my legs all the way up to ilvl 158. With that said, gearing armor is all RNG. I got lucky with enough epic procs to get half of my gear to 158. Weapons and offhands are an automatic 158 from zone quests in each of the four zones, plus the ilvl 176 BoE weapons, necks, and rings we can buy off the AH. Note that only cloth and leather wearers can get an ilvl 176 BoE helm.

While the ilvl differences between 146 to 158 to 176 sound big, the stats differences aren't. Depending on stat prioritization, you may be better off with a lower ilvl item compared to higher ilvl item that features bad secondaries.

Looking forward to Dragonflight's higher zone level ceilings (and their corresponding dungeons) to level 60, it's very likely that Dragonflight 59s will follow in Shadowlands 49s' footsteps i.e. BiS will become Dragonflight gear in the high 200s, supplemented by TBC dungeons with socketed ilvl 146 gear using Shadowlands gems. That may sound like a large gap in ilvl, but 49s saw something similar between TBC dungeon gear at ilvl 57 and Shadowlands gear that ranged from 90-110.

In the end, making a 59 showed me just how broken Shadowlands rep gear was for 49s and 50s. If Blizzard hadn't placed a level 60 requirement, nearly all of the rep gear I got on my 49 would currently be BiS for my 59.

The above three rules held true while gearing my 59, most notably when a side quest in Bastion dropped a green reward that proc'd epic and got my legs all the way up to ilvl 158. With that said, gearing armor is all RNG. I got lucky with enough epic procs to get half of my gear to 158. Weapons and offhands are an automatic 158 from zone quests in each of the four zones, plus the ilvl 176 BoE weapons, necks, and rings we can buy off the AH. Note that only cloth and leather wearers can get an ilvl 176 BoE helm.

While the ilvl differences between 146 to 158 to 176 sound big, the stats differences aren't. Depending on stat prioritization, you may be better off with a lower ilvl item compared to higher ilvl item that features bad secondaries.

Looking forward to Dragonflight's higher zone level ceilings (and their corresponding dungeons) to level 60, it's very likely that Dragonflight 59s will follow in Shadowlands 49s' footsteps i.e. BiS will become Dragonflight gear in the high 200s, supplemented by TBC dungeons with socketed ilvl 146 gear using Shadowlands gems. That may sound like a large gap in ilvl, but 49s saw something similar between TBC dungeon gear at ilvl 57 and Shadowlands gear that ranged from 90-110.

In the end, making a 59 showed me just how broken Shadowlands rep gear was for 49s and 50s. If Blizzard hadn't placed a level 60 requirement, nearly all of the rep gear I got on my 49 would currently be BiS for my 59.
same. i was grinding the rep on a 50 when it was changed so i decided to make a 59. unfortunately i had already started and finished the threads of fate campain. its stopped 7/7 with nowhere to turn it in lol. i groud out renown up to 75 for the bonus to world quest ilvl but so far none of the rewards are over 138. boas are 146 lol. ive pretty much given up on the arena bag rewards(ring/neck 176) and am not so committed to the 59 to pay the AH price for them. 30k hp with stam stacking gear/food/flasks so i unlocked xp for a few games. specific que of course for less xp.
if i do it again i’ll probably pick a stealth class and do it properly.
[doublepost=1651249636,1651249529][/doublepost]for bgs it seems like maxxing out a 55 or 56 with AH gear is faster and will actually get to pvp more with less grinding.

Users who are viewing this thread