59 Smite, Disc/holy build

oyock

Veteran
So I had an idea that smite damage priest with some healing support would slap at 59. Using talents from disc and holy, you can build up to nearly 24-28% crit chance on smite or holy fire. The build takes advantage of smite range bonuses from both spec and T0.5.

The build also has the 10% increased smite/holyfire damage with 2sec cast time smite. Each cast of smite could do roughly 650 per cast or 1.2-1.3k for crits. Not bad for roughly 26% crit chance.

I made the build kind of off-the-cuff so let me know what improvements could be made or what you all think! Thanks,

https://sixtyupgrades.com/set/n8nt2HwS3DDVsZYHBM1Ri8

Last edited:
Looks really interesting! What’s the range with smite/ holy fire with those bonuses?

also I think your chardev is missing a wand?

Thanks! Theoretically the smite/holy fire range becomes 41 yards. Swapped a wand in there -- forgot haha.

Thanks! Theoretically the smite/holy fire range becomes 41 yards. Swapped a wand in there -- forgot haha.

I did this in TBC with a lvl 60 smite priest twink (back when you could queue lvl 60 AV forever if you didn't buy the expac) and its actually 42 yards. The extra 5 yards is added first before the bonus 20%. So it's (30+5) x 1.2 = 42. I'm assuming it's the same math for classic.

Last edited:
The build also has the 10% increased smite/holyfire damage with 2sec cast time smite. Each cast of smite could do roughly 650 per cast or 1.2-1.3k for crits. Not bad for roughly 26% crit chance.

Priest doesn't have the 100% crit damage bonus talent that other specs have. You'd crit for about 1000. It would be 1200 with power infusion going though.

Most people can't do 59's because you practically need to be in a raiding guild to collect ZG pieces. Not worth the work imo, but I'll play 59's in BC. Just waiting for Blizzard to announce BC.

Users who are viewing this thread