US 59 Questions

VAPO

Legend
I've watched/listened to the recent WG streams a few times and I have a few questions. I didn't dig too hard, but there aren't many pinned posts for this bracket and IDK much about it - or twinking in general these days since I'm just getting back into it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Was there or is there unattainable GF gear? (any hot items I should scour old bank alts for)

Did all the gear get a sort of reset like the 10-19 bracket? (are 59s now questing & rare farming for RNG epics) (is the current 59 armory list not a good source for BiS)

Is the bracket overrun with certain classes?

Is there a class tier list somewhere? (are there certain class/specs that should be avoided)

Are some professions must have?

I caught the tail end of a conversation in the stream last night about acceptable play as far as consumables. What kind of play is frowned upon in the bracket?

That's it for now, thanks for your time.

-The Reverend Vaporelli Blastbox

Basically gearing is: whatever socket gear slots you can fill with the rest of the pieces coming from AH/dungeon drops. Other than that there is good quest items but obviously no ones gonna reroll 59s unless you got all the time in the world lol. As far as professions, since we’re limited to only war games as of now inscription is the only useful one with the shoulder enchants and obviously engineering for the trinkets/helm. You should be able to find previous class tier list threads in this forum:)

Ps don’t worry about consumables cuz you can’t use them in war games, same with engineering tinkers etc

Imo one of the best things about 59 is the gearing - almost all of the gear is farmable in dungeons, with the exception of a few quest items or the occasional boe. Nothing really breaks the bank - even leveling engineering/inscription cost me under 15k on BH. The 59 armory list is still a decent source for determining what gear you want. If you're watching the streams then I'd also check out the armories of certain players/classes that interest you if they're not listed on that thread.

Class variety is at it's best at 59 compared to any other bracket I've played. I'd say that all classes have at least one spec (and in many cases multiple specs) that performs well in wargames. For example, holy paladin, warlocks, windwalker monks, and dps shamans are often considered sub-par in lower brackets, but they all have an opportunity to shine at 59. Tier lists will always exist, of course, but I think that the gap between "top tier" and "bottom tier" is substantially smaller in this bracket when compared to 19-39.

Since we just wargame now, the go to professions are engineering for the helmet, and inscription for the shoulder enchant. Both only require Northrend lvl 25, and can be leveled in less than an hour and don't cost an arm and a leg, depending on your server.

The wargame format emulates max level RBGs, and prohibits most consumables and outside buffs. This means no speed pots, gliders, grenades, etc. Bandages and evidently some health potions are still allowed.

Was there or is there unattainable GF gear? (any hot items I should scour old bank alts for)

I personally, have only played 59 for about 4 years, so I cant inform you as to which old items are unobtainable (likely, neither can anyone else, given the fact the bracket has only been active for about a year now). Old bank characters are absolutely worth perusing either way. Hopfully someone else can answer this question better.

Did all the gear get a sort of reset like the 10-19 bracket? (are 59s now questing & rare farming for RNG epics) (is the current 59 armory list not a good source for BiS)

8.1.5 opened many doors as far as new BIS gear goes. With that said, 59s are currently farming RNG procs, as the standard rare item is 65ilvl, compared to the 71ilvl that epics offer. However, socket gear likely is BIS still in most cases.
The 59 Armory page is not a BIS list. However, you can use it to spark ideas/inspiration from other players. Worth checking out.

Meh, not exactly. The great thing about 59, is that literally everything is viable, and you very rarely see class-stack occurring. Teams are generally very well-rounded and balanced.

Is there a class tier list somewhere? (are there certain class/specs that should be avoided)

Somewhat outdated, but this is a tier list I made 1-2 patches ago. To my knowledge, this is the only one you'll find.
(There are things that should be changed, but as I said, this is outdated and I do not wish to invest time into correcting it)

"This rubric is based on my personal experience & opinions. Biases have been left out. Some specs have inexistent data pools - said specs have automatically been filtered to "Shit tier". I will note, that placement has been subjected to how successful each spec is at a minimal skill level. For example, a good Restoration Druid whom can cyclone, dispel, LOS & pre-hot easily is a tier 1."

DPS
GT: Windwalker, Enhance, Fury, Arcane, Outlaw
T1: Elemental, Retribution, Balance, Arms, Shadow
T2: Marksmanship, Frost(Ma), Destruction, Assassination, Frost(Dk)
T3: Affliction, Fire, Subtlety, Survival, Unholy
ST: Demonology, Feral, BeastMastery

Healers
GT: Restoration(S), Discipline
T1: Holy(Pr), Mistweaver
T2: Holy(Pa)
T3: Restoration(Dr)
ST:

Tanks
GT: Protection(Pa), Guardian
T1: Protection(Wa)
T2:
T3: Blood
ST: Brewmaster

https://xpoff.com/threads/profession-guide.82453/ Refer to this link if you're interested in learning what each profession brings to the table.

I caught the tail end of a conversation in the stream last night about acceptable play as far as consumables. What kind of play is frowned upon in the bracket?

I personally, believe consumables are compensation for mistakes. I do not use them, and I do not respect players that depend on them. However, I have no right to tell someone what they can & cant use. (unless I am hosting RBGs, Arenas, WPVP, etc.)

Last edited:
I've watched/listened to the recent WG streams a few times and I have a few questions. I didn't dig too hard, but there aren't many pinned posts for this bracket and IDK much about it - or twinking in general these days since I'm just getting back into it. Any help would be much appreciated.

That's it for now, thanks for your time.

-The Reverend Vaporelli Blastbox

If you got any zg items back in the day, those are gone now.

Also if you got any tier .5 aka dungeon 8 set upgraded thru quests, those are gone too

Also check if you have the old dagger or 2 hander from UBRS vanilla

Various non 59 specifically items are worth looking for too like the pocketwatch trinket that gave movement speed on use, and the held in offhand that gave movement speed on use.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head

Making this list made me sad as I wish I had not gotten rid of my old 59. He had most of this stuff

Users who are viewing this thread