US 59 Class/Spec Tier List

Maestus

Grandfathered
Hello, after close to a month of 59 wargames every night I feel like it should be time for a tier list for the 59 bracket. This is how I view the classes so take this with a grain of salt but I hope that this will help others decide and understand the power level of the bracket.

I wont explain each class/spec specifically, however please feel free to talk to me if you feel like one of the specs is not represented as you feel it should. I will explain the Tier lists though and a little bit of what can make a spec go into said tier.

The Top, Mid, Low tier are just ways to separate the specs even more, however its more then likely that if a spec is in a certain tier list it can move up or down to its neighbors. Also Tanks Mid Tier in whatever letter tier they are assigned. Tanks will also have an Asterisk (*) next to them.

A Tier is where the specs that have everything they need (Defensives, utility, dmg, etc). They do not lack any part of the their kit.
A Tier:
Top Tier
  • Shadow - Priest
  • Discipline - Priest
Mid Tier
  • Subtlety - Rogue
  • Retribution - Paladin
  • Guardian - Druid (*)
  • Protection - Paladin (*)
Low Tier
  • Survival - Hunter
  • Balance - Druid
  • Restoration - Druid
  • Fire - Mage
B Tier is for the specs that have mostly everything but are just missing maybe 1 or 2 things or some part of meta may put them here.
B Tier:
Top Tier
  • Marksman - Hunter
  • Windwalker - Monk
  • Mistweaver - Monk
Mid Tier
  • Arcane - Mage
  • Outlaw - Rogue
  • Arms - Warrior
  • Elemental - Shaman
  • Restoration - Shaman
  • Blood - Death Knight (*)
Low Tier
  • Frost - Mage
  • Assassination - Rogue
  • Destruction - Warlock
  • Fury - Warrior
  • Enhancement - Shaman
C Tier is where the specs are lacking vital parts of their kit, or they may really not fit the meta. Also many of the specs where they have no seen enough exposure to the 59 brackets can be put here as well.
C Tier:
Top Tier
  • Beast Master - Hunter
  • Feral - Druid
  • Affliction - Warlock
  • Holy - Paladin
Mid Tier
  • Holy - Priest
  • Demonology - Warlock
  • Brewmaster - Monk (*)
  • Protection - Warrior (*)
Low Tier
  • Unholy - Death Knight
D Tier are for the specs that you most likely should not play unless you are willing to always be at a disadvantage, not much you can do here unless you are playing a spec for fun.
D Tier:
  • Frost - Death Knight

This is the end of the tier list, I hope this will help bring more people into the community and to the wargames! Both factions are active and competitive, as well as everyone is very friendly. Hope to see more 59 twinks. Also feel free to add me Drokk#1182, my 59 twink name is Psycopath on Alliance side.

Last edited:
I'm assuming this is just a general list for battlegrounds?

I think that some specs should be higher/lower, but overall nothing seems drastically out of place. I would also advise any readers of this post that the gap between Psycho's opinion of "top tier" and "bottom tier" is not insurmountable. I think that most any class can be a valuable asset to their team if played well.

Blood Death Knight mid-B tier? Its by far the least durable tank, no contest.
Frost Death Knight D-tier? While I do agree, it is a lacking spec (or class in general* for obvious reasons) The slows/grip are overpowered in competitive atmospheres.

Guardian Druid mid-A tier? They are only good for den Mother & spinning nodes TBH.

Holy Paladin mid-C tier? Between hand of freedom, blessing of protection, blessing of sacrifice, and the CC Hpal offers, I'd like to say they are a tad stronger then you give them credit for.

Holy Priest mid-C tier? Holy is arguably the strongest arena healer when placed in the right hands.

A few other changes could be argued, but I'd say for the most part this list is accurate. Im not sure if you're looking at each spec on an individual level, but when synergized and placed with appropriate comps, a lot of these lower-end classes really shine

Blood Death Knight mid-B tier? Its by far the least durable tank, no contest.
Frost Death Knight D-tier? While I do agree, it is a lacking spec (or class in general* for obvious reasons) The slows/grip are overpowered in competitive atmospheres.

Guardian Druid mid-A tier? They are only good for den Mother & spinning nodes TBH.

Holy Paladin mid-C tier? Between hand of freedom, blessing of protection, blessing of sacrifice, and the CC Hpal offers, I'd like to say they are a tad stronger then you give them credit for.

Holy Priest mid-C tier? Holy is arguably the strongest arena healer when placed in the right hands.

A few other changes could be argued, but I'd say for the most part this list is accurate. Im not sure if you're looking at each spec on an individual level, but when synergized and placed with appropriate comps, a lot of these lower-end classes really shine

Many of the healer and tank specs may not correctly represent themselves in this Tier list, I put them all mid tiers just as a generally spot for them. If you really feel I misjudged a healer or tank I can make some adjustments. The lower healers I just found to either be lacking in actual heals or just no represented enough in the bracket. I may have been a little harsh on Hpal but I conisder it a High C tier or Low B tier, I just didn't want to grade all the healers specifically because it largely depends on the players.
[doublepost=1555571761,1555571688][/doublepost]Bump. Changed healer standings slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread