EU+US 50 Warrior BiS weapon: Treant's Bane VS Malown's Slam

vraestin

Grandfathered
So, those 2 weapons have very close stats in terms of damage and speed, I really don't think it's necessary to post them as the difference would be very little, but they also give:

Treant's Bane - 22str 10stam 10crit
Malown's Slam - proc: 50str x30sec + stun ( 2 sec )

Both can be stacked on a fury warrior and that's why I need 2 of them

Basically the first one has less offensive stats ( 22str 19crit ) but stabled in the weapon, the second has instead a bigger stat ( 50str ) but encapsulated in a proc..
Based on some wowhead researches that I did, the internal cooldown Malown's proc is 45 second, and the effect lasts for 30 seconds. The proc chances are really hight, it means that I'll have it up two thirds of the time.

What's the BiS for pvp BURST and pve sustained dps?

So, those 2 weapons have very close stats in terms of damage and speed, I really don't think it's necessary to post them as the difference would be very little, but they also give:

Treant's Bane - 22str 10stam 10crit
Malown's Slam - proc: 50str x30sec + stun ( 2 sec )

Both can be stacked on a fury warrior and that's why I need 2 of them

Basically the first one has less offensive stats ( 22str 19crit ) but stabled in the weapon, the second has instead a bigger stat ( 50str ) but encapsulated in a proc..
Based on some wowhead researches that I did, the internal cooldown Malown's proc is 45 second, and the effect lasts for 30 seconds. The proc chances are really hight, it means that I'll have it up two thirds of the time.

What's the BiS for pvp BURST and pve sustained dps?

This is such a complex angle at the tiniest of stat changes. how/why would u care so much about it? also, who plays 50's?
i can't begin to understand how you would depend on all this(bs) to master ur class and level.

It's not that hard of a question, it's like asking " is it better 22str 10 crit 100% of the time dpsing or 50str 65% of the time dpsing? "

50 twinking is still a thing and we can enter vanilla raids unmatterly from blizzard fix simply because the level requiremement for 60 raids has always been 50

Hello Vraestin,

There is no internal cd on malowns smash. Its effect doesn't stack. I assume your question is regarding pve 50 raiding? Then I would probably go with a Malown MH and Treants in OH. Or Malown MH and Ragehammer in OH. All depending on how the proc rate is vs lvl 10+ higher lvl creature as for raids, if the procs of malown and ragehammer are nowhere near a 100% uptime during combat, then I would go with x2 treants ideally (almost impossible due to its rarity) or simply the boa axe mh and treants oh because of the boa axe's higher dmg/slower.

Ye I actually made this question before getting the weapon, and after I got it I noticed that the effect didn't stack. So i'll go for malown and treants. The only problem is that treants only comes from dire maul tribute runs and I can't do that in solo as a fury warrior, I tried and died to trashes so can't imagine what would happen at the last boss when there is 2 of them attacking at the same time ..

Maybe I could go as tank but I have to learn the spec + get gear for it. In the meantime I got a weapon that's very close to treant in terms of stats so I should be ok ( I only loose 2 str and 10 crit )

This is me now.. apart from some enchants that I can upgrade and the chest that I must wait to pop on AH to buy ( a green on that gives +23str ) I should be full BiS strength-wise

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Breezee/simple

are strength greens really worth it, your helm is basically +7 strength for -7 armor -10 crit -10 haste and -22 stam from the heirloom, doesn't really seem like a good trade for a bit of attack power that equals just a fraction of what you get from blood fury. If you go for the green strength chest too you're going to be out almost 50 stam for probably about +5 damage to your max hit which the +crit and +haste on the heirlooms would probably more than make up for.

Well since I dont have to tank i'd say that +1str is better than +100stam xD Not sure of that tho I'm not a pro raider or smth
Also, if we wanna extend your thought to the rest of the gear, basically all the heirlooms are BiS XD

From my what I've experienced it seems secondary stats like vers/crit/haste are better to stack than primaries. On my 60 warlock I stack versatility for example, 15% more damage and healing from +250 vers helps me in wpvp more than flat gains I'd get through a few int buffs. I don't play a warrior but looking at your first talent, war machine, it gives you +30% haste after a kill, it would probably be more beneficial for you to stack haste enchants/gear than strengths or crits to potentiate the effect of your talents.

alright mate, this is my warr http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Androklou/simple

as you see it is 24str chest u need not 23 ;)

as for soloing, for fury u need at least to go stam/loom gear then to keep yourself up with bloodthirst, but fury is the worst spec for soloing nontheless due to lack of victory rush which basically makes immortal in the other specs. It is prolly soloable as arms, but most definately as prot. I recently soloed strat dead easily as prot on my 50. But as prot u go full ap, f*ck the rest. ap=more ignore pain.

However, it would be much more optimal if u could get a high lvl to quickly run u through if u struggle soloing, since treants got so low drop chance you just want them runs to go as fast as possible.

EDIT: as I said, without treants for Oh, I use ragehammer, check it out, it has like 90-100% uptime when spamming dungs as fury, and its effect stacks with malowns. it gives 25 more dmg, which is roughly 18str, and 45haste which is about 5% haste if i remember correctly, remember the haste scales with war machine so it is one third more in praxis. And as we all know haste is main stat for fury. Best thing is that it can also just be bought off AH:) usually 20-25k for one.

Users who are viewing this thread