EU+US 5 lvl70 twinks vs Black Temple (Patch 7.2.5) (Current progress: 9/9 World First)

Fx

Unnecessarily Rude

As you all know, with 7.2.5 Black Temple received significant changes, primarily in the form of large health increases for all enemies, and some number tuning. Black Temple now also scales with the amount of players you bring, with a minimum of 10 players. This allows us to bring a lot more people into the raid and have a decent experience.

However, we cleared the raid on the first day of release with a decently sized group of 15 players. This made us go back to our previous challenge runs of bringing very small groups. As mentioned, the minimum amount of players the scaling will drop down to is 10, so bosses are left with far more health than intended for our group size. This makes fights last much longer and that means tactics and strategies are very relevant.

Below is a list of videos, from my PoV, for these fights. We are currently 9/9 with our 5-man group. Council fight recording is incomplete, I'll probably upload a full recording next week.

Last edited:
That's definitely a lot more fun, I thought I noticed something different last week while running through there.

Was BT the only raid affected?

That's definitely a lot more fun, I thought I noticed something different last week while running through there.

Was BT the only raid affected?
The reason BT was changed is because they made it a timewalking raid. To do this they don't actually create a new instance, they simply grab the old one and buff all the enemies' healthpools and change their abilities to be comparable to today's standards. This means that the instance becomes much more interesting for players actually at the level of the instance.

The same thing happened when they introduced the TBC dungeons to timewalking. All the enemies in the timewalking dungeons have much more health than in other comparable TBC dungeons.

Scoot, a little help perhaps. I notice you keep targeting the boss to do your damaging abilities. I'll give you a little macro for you damaging abilities. This way you can keep targeting the tank for heals and cast Smite (Or others) etc when you have the time. It casts it to a target, but if your target is allied, it target's your target their target. Target target target target target target....

#showtooltip Smite
/cast [@targettarget, harm] [harm, @target] Smite

Scoot, a little help perhaps. I notice you keep targeting the boss to do your damaging abilities. I'll give you a little macro for you damaging abilities. This way you can keep targeting the tank for heals and cast Smite (Or others) etc when you have the time. It casts it to a target, but if your target is allied, it target's your target their target. Target target target target target target....

#showtooltip Smite
/cast [@targettarget, harm] [harm, @target] Smite
The way I target enemies is a PvP thing and I'm definitely not changing years of muscle memory ;)

ERUsvv6.jpg

Illidan went down tonight :)

damn world first thats pretty cool, imagine if someone else tried to do it they would get world second
I agree putting "world first" in the title implies competition that wasn't there. That's not what this thread was supposed to be about, just supposed to showcase a nice side thing you can do on your 70s. Maybe scoot was just trying to use the title to spur some competition, which would be pretty fun actually.

Yeah I have tried a few times to get decent groups to do this. But no one besides a select few decides they need to follow mechanics or even get in voice chat and work out tactics. I have only until recently run into other us 70 winks with as much vested time or willingness to invest in the past month. @Zoke @Chey @Indy thanks again as always guys, let's try to do this soon.

Users who are viewing this thread