49's Gear Guide (best practice) + Rares to farm

It does proc, but must be rare, was not aiming for it and i'll prob never use it though (was after the bracers).
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/zenedar/explicit
v92kcUP.png

I'm both elated to see that, and brokenhearted that I never got one.

With that said, those two chests only drop items that shamans can use, so those may not make for a good test case.

I stand corrected -- the Reliquary of Rememberance does indeed drop plate bracers, even though my shaman never saw them.

50s still get games, using accounts without the Shadowlands expansion (more info on that forum). 49s are interesting to build, but don't currently get games.
Okay okay been thinking on come back and maby get my 50 and 49 to a bfa acc any not shadowlands. My 50nis a holy/prot paladin with only like 113 ilvl so far

I still feel more powerful at 40-45 than at 49, they beef up the mobs pretty good closer to SL levels.

Yeah, noticed that levels ~45-55 are much, much harder in difficulty than any levels before or after them (even max-level). My rogue couldn't even pull three trash mobs and survive without vanish or full cooldowns

I would recommend against buying item level 60 epic BoEs off the AH to fill gaps. You can get BoP equivalents with random stats quite easily by just buying Dauntless Tokens with Nethershards from Broken Shore and Legion Assaults, or Unsullied Tokens from Argus.

Now, most of the time they will be item level 50, but for whichever reason if they warforge they go all the way to item level 60, they can also proc sockets AND tertiary stats. Some examples visible here on my warrior I've played for over a year (until I replace them with SL gear that is) https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/argent-dawn/hóu.

how much of this is still relevant for dragonflight? if i was just building a haste twink that needed to be atleast 40, is it better to stay at 40 or go to 49?

how much of this is still relevant for dragonflight? if i was just building a haste twink that needed to be atleast 40, is it better to stay at 40 or go to 49?
Not much, the gear from shadowlands is pretty much all useless now. For PVE stuff I would consider a 45 if you have a high level alt/friend to run you, at that level you can run mythic antorus which drops ilvl 163, that matches the ilvl from warforged WoD gear at that level and you can also equip 2 legion legendaries if you progress the class hall research tree. The legion crafted boe legendary with 3 sockets is usually bis for most classes, and some of the other pieces have a 3rd secondary stat. Running Antorus a few times should net you enough Wakening Essence to buy a 2nd legendary from Arcanomancer Vridiel.

You will still probably want to farm some WoD warforged stuff or classic dungeon epics, but Antorus and the legos are a nice supplement to it. You can also try the azerite gear, it's value will depend on your class/spec.

Check out https://sizeof.cat/project/world-of-warcraft-xpoff-45/ for some detailed info on lvl 45 twinking

Users who are viewing this thread