49 hunter help

BM requires Crit to function, as you will never be able to maintain 3 stacks of Barbed Shot at 4X without One with the Pack or a build that sacrifices wearing Green Dragon Mail for the required extra Crit/Haste.

PvP talent wise I personally think Roar of Sacrifice is lacklustre compared to others, especially Spider Sting, as crits are already suppressed in PvP. Hi-Explosive Trap can provide similar peel alongside 1HitK0 potential on maps with fall hazards. Speed is life, so Hunting Pack I think can also be really good depending on how you like to play.

Pet Wise you are going to be using either a Raptor or a Wasp in almost all conditions pre-65, as MS+Leech/MvmtSpd are without a doubt the only options.

At 4X you are missing some pretty important aspects of the spec, being your Exotic Beast and Rank 3 Cobra Shot, so a lot of your success will come in pumping out Incendiary Ammo procs.

Happy Hunting!

awesome! tyvm...so flintlocke isnt worth it over incendiary? @Laernyth
[doublepost=1545877882,1545875889][/doublepost]is green dragonscale set still best option overall at 49s?

awesome! tyvm...so flintlocke isnt worth it over incendiary? @Laernyth
[doublepost=1545877882,1545875889][/doublepost]is green dragonscale set still best option overall at 49s?

Testing scopes is extremely difficult due to their buffs not showing in a Details report. Regardless, unless you can maintain decent uptime ( I can't on any buff scope at all, even with >30% Haste), Incendiary will represent better value. A single proc is typically an instant death sentence, where as a buff proc is a death sentence that requires 10 seconds of combat time.

Flints is and base damage are probably even, Fire/Ice is probably best

Green Dragonscale has the best overall stat bonus, I would certainly roll with it.

update: so i have been stacking haste on this bm hunter as ~25% of my damage comes from autoshot. I have found as my haste goes up, my incendiary ammo procs go up and more often im watching half an enemy's health drop off the autoshot proc. I think have seen incendiary ammo proc off every single shot that a bm hunter has...autoshot, concussion, counter, barbed and chimaera. I chose Chimaera because it hits 2 targets if available and either shot seems to be able to proc incendiary.

my next couple things to play with is a vers stack and full crit stack, but so far haste seems to work best for me.

Summary: although MM is CRAZY right now, BM is very viable with incredibly strong dps output with the added bonus of some REALLY cool pet tames! Love my purple wasp! Hope to see more BM out there in the bgs!

View media item 918

Users who are viewing this thread